• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

10102 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

#apologizetoseungri is trending on twitter. But apologize to him for what? Not being in the JJY group chat? His biggest crime was pimpin out prostitutes anyways so like he still needs to serve time and isn’t completely innocent. 

wasn’t it confirmed that he was in the group chat; but he just didn’t send any videos himself?

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted

stans using their energy and reputation to defend some men they've never even met nor talked to are such a fucking disgrace and, pardon my french, hella fucking cringey. oppa did a crime or was a creepy fucker, but uwu he has abs or is hot so i have to defend!!!1

Posted

wasn’t it confirmed that he was in the group chat; but he just didn’t send any videos himself?

from what I’ve read on twitter, he was never in the group chat to begin with but knew what was going on behind the scenes. The group chat he was in was for business purposes so when someone sent him those rapey vids in the business gc, he cussed them out and told them to stop (prob because it would get them into trouble) 

Posted (edited)

i get where kpop fans are coming from, but i don't entirely agree with using seungri as an example of why idols are never who they appear to be.

i mean. seungri was literally a piece of shit long before any of this came out.

he is exactly who he appeared to be, only 10x worse. I know plenty of people who saw him as a sleezebag because of the way he talked to female idols on variety, his scandal, etc, and weren't exactly surprised he was involved in this stuff. he seemed to lack respect for women since long ago. i agree that we should always be aware and acknowledge the image our faves have, and i'm certain that there are other k-celebs/folks in the industry doing awful, unimaginable shit. i would agree more with the him being the example if we were talking about someone who had a clean image and seemed more progressive than your average k-idol. it's obviously gruesome either way, but i feel it's more scary when it's someone who is able to convince people they are that "woke", selfless idol. seungri is more of a "people always show you who they really are if you're paying attention" case, which i believe kpop fans should keep in mind too.

as for the other two who are going to prison, i don't know much about the images they projected so i can't speak for them being examples of the double-sided image (nor were they really the conventional idol). 

tldr: we should be wary of our idol's supposed authenticity/image, but i don't really see seungri as a big reason why

Edited by saturn's moon

Posted (edited)

I love Moonbyul and all, she's great and still a lovely person, but I've always thought she had a really weird jawline. Her face is sooooo triangular and pointy. However, I just assumed she was born with it and she just had a unique face shape. Until today, I saw her pre-debut photos and dammmn, I feel like the surgeons did her jaw dirty. I think they could have given her a much better shape if they wanted her to have a smaller jaw. 

(Spoilered photos because they are big.)

Image result for moonbyul predebutImage result for moonbyul

I swear these Korean plastic surgeons don't know how to deal with people with slightly larger jaws. Why'd they gotta turn her strong jaw into a triangle? 

They did the same thing to Jimin from AOA. She had a stronger jaw pre-debut and now it's mega sharp and angular.

Image result for aoa jimin predebutImage result for aoa jimin 2019

What does Korea have against girls having a little bit of jaw? For me, their strong jaws pre-debut > the super pointy triangular faces the plastic surgeons gave them :( Don't get me wrong, they both still look good, but I just don't agree with some of these surgeries.

I think a little plastic surgery can be tasteful but they need to stop giving an idol an entirely new face from scratch. Too much surgery is always obvious and doesn't look good to me. 

Edited by caterpillars

Posted

Although I enjoyed watching Daniel on PD101, I didn't follow him as a member of Wannaone or even now as a soloist. I never thought he was a good singer or rapper, but I think he's a great performer and an overall stand-up guy. Given this, I don't really understand the hate towards him. He's not that talented, but so what? So are most other idols.

Recently, he beat AOA and Astro on The Show and their fans are calling it rigged, even made #justiceforaoa trend. So Daniel has taken to his fancafe and posted alarming messages.  

"Title: “Everything”

The photos of myself kneeling after the end of Wanna One’s concert and the emotions I was feeling at the time has become a weapon to make fun of me.

How they edit everything that I do to make it look bad

How the music and performances that I love are being treated like trash

How the fans that I treasured are being ridiculed

How my family is getting cursed out instead of me

How it’s suddenly become a crime to say that they like me

Just everything is really too difficult.

The fact that I am me is too difficult."

"Title: “Really”

Ever since I was a part of a group

I endured every unjust situations and all kinds of rumors

Even this year, and even just last week, I have been enduring it all and keeping to myself

But I’m really just so tired.

I’m really having a difficult time."

"Title: “Really I am”

It’s come to a point where I’m afraid of the sun rising again tomorrow

I’m just afraid of any news report that has my name."

"Title: “I Know Everything”

I know how everyone is cursing me out every single day

I know what words they’re using and the malicious comments they’re using to curse me out

I know how they’re judging my life by the couple of phrases and the false rumors

I know how I’ve lived my life

I have really just endured it all so much. Truly.

I’m too tired now."

I don't have an unpopular opinion. I just wish people were nicer and were more responsible with what they post on the internet. 

Posted

I love Moonbyul and all, she's great and still a lovely person, but I've always thought she had a really weird jawline. Her face is sooooo triangular and pointy. However, I just assumed she was born with it and she just had a unique face shape. Until today, I saw her pre-debut photos and dammmn, I feel like the surgeons did her jaw dirty. I think they could have given her a much better shape if they wanted her to have a smaller jaw. 

Hidden Content

I swear these Korean plastic surgeons don't know how to deal with people with slightly larger jaws. Why'd they gotta turn her strong jaw into a triangle? 

They did the same thing to Jimin from AOA. She had a stronger jaw pre-debut and now it's mega sharp and angular.

Hidden Content

What does Korea have against girls having a little bit of jaw? For me, their strong jaws pre-debut > the super pointy triangular faces the plastic surgeons gave them :( Don't get me wrong, they both still look good, but I just don't agree with some of these surgeries.

I think a little plastic surgery can be tasteful but they need to stop giving an idol an entirely new face from scratch. Too much surgery is always obvious and doesn't look good to me. 

Its not only girls, they love dorito chin on everyone, its just tragic. 

Posted

The Worst Mama’s ever. Jyp’s collab with Mamamoo cemented that. Also, I hate RBW for letting that even happen. 

Posted (edited)

Award shows were pretty boring this year, I thought I would appreciate at least the JYP x MMM from MAMAs, but that was a mess.  Twice looked so damn tired and I’m not surprised they didn’t do such a big and fancy stage(can they PLEASE take a break; members are literally only getting breaks because their mental health is deteriorating) . Im happy WayV performed tho. I wonder how the gayos will do this year, I hope to see more fun stages there. 

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted

jyp needs to retire asap

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

It's just shameful and sad that they do these jaw shaving procedures as though it's a one-size-fits-all kind of thing, even though it doesn't suit everyone and it seems like they don't take individual face shapes into account.

Posted

Maybe I have bad taste but I actually enjoyed this year's mama awards. I was surprised that I liked jyp x mmm, it was fun. Ateez and Oneus also did well, with Ateez being more memorable imo. I wish they got a longer stage and I'm a bit salty they didn't win roty but oh well

Only thing I didn't like was the usual BTS fake deep 'look how far we've come' performance. It showed how bad their music is nowadays and it felt really lackluster. Not to be a 2nd gen stan but when BB were in their prime their stages were a lot more hype. Twice also seemed super tired, they need a break asap

Posted

BTS having yet another mini concert just made this thing boring af. also wish they could have just given them all their awards at once instead of being boring throughout the show. 

Jyp needs to stop trying to be  relevant and also let his artists rest. Half of GOT7 and Twice looked dead. 

also, mnet needs to stop doing got7 dirty. seventeen too. i know it's rigged af (txt getting ROTY top fucking kek) but it's so annoying how they removed seventeen's nominations and got7 video from their channel. 

Oneus performance was really good tho, that was fun to watch.

Posted

id get murdered if i said this on twitter but txt make alright music but everyone i know that stans them was a bts fan first, run away is pretty good and catchy but its nothing special? cat and dog is the only really out there thing theyve done yet and its... not for me