• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8350 posts in this topic

Posted

I love Moonbyul and all, she's great and still a lovely person, but I've always thought she had a really weird jawline. Her face is sooooo triangular and pointy. However, I just assumed she was born with it and she just had a unique face shape. Until today, I saw her pre-debut photos and dammmn, I feel like the surgeons did her jaw dirty. I think they could have given her a much better shape if they wanted her to have a smaller jaw. 

(Spoilered photos because they are big.)

Hidden Content

I swear these Korean plastic surgeons don't know how to deal with people with slightly larger jaws. Why'd they gotta turn her strong jaw into a triangle? 

They did the same thing to Jimin from AOA. She had a stronger jaw pre-debut and now it's mega sharp and angular.

Hidden Content

What does Korea have against girls having a little bit of jaw? For me, their strong jaws pre-debut > the super pointy triangular faces the plastic surgeons gave them :( Don't get me wrong, they both still look good, but I just don't agree with some of these surgeries.

I think a little plastic surgery can be tasteful but they need to stop giving an idol an entirely new face from scratch. Too much surgery is always obvious and doesn't look good to me. 

Its not only girls, they love dorito chin on everyone, its just tragic. 

Posted

The Worst Mama’s ever. Jyp’s collab with Mamamoo cemented that. Also, I hate RBW for letting that even happen. 

Posted (edited)

Award shows were pretty boring this year, I thought I would appreciate at least the JYP x MMM from MAMAs, but that was a mess.  Twice looked so damn tired and I’m not surprised they didn’t do such a big and fancy stage(can they PLEASE take a break; members are literally only getting breaks because their mental health is deteriorating) . Im happy WayV performed tho. I wonder how the gayos will do this year, I hope to see more fun stages there. 

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted

jyp needs to retire asap

Posted

I love Moonbyul and all, she's great and still a lovely person, but I've always thought she had a really weird jawline. Her face is sooooo triangular and pointy. However, I just assumed she was born with it and she just had a unique face shape. Until today, I saw her pre-debut photos and dammmn, I feel like the surgeons did her jaw dirty. I think they could have given her a much better shape if they wanted her to have a smaller jaw. 

(Spoilered photos because they are big.)

Hidden Content

I swear these Korean plastic surgeons don't know how to deal with people with slightly larger jaws. Why'd they gotta turn her strong jaw into a triangle? 

They did the same thing to Jimin from AOA. She had a stronger jaw pre-debut and now it's mega sharp and angular.

Hidden Content

What does Korea have against girls having a little bit of jaw? For me, their strong jaws pre-debut > the super pointy triangular faces the plastic surgeons gave them :( Don't get me wrong, they both still look good, but I just don't agree with some of these surgeries.

I think a little plastic surgery can be tasteful but they need to stop giving an idol an entirely new face from scratch. Too much surgery is always obvious and doesn't look good to me. 

It's just shameful and sad that they do these jaw shaving procedures as though it's a one-size-fits-all kind of thing, even though it doesn't suit everyone and it seems like they don't take individual face shapes into account.

Posted

Maybe I have bad taste but I actually enjoyed this year's mama awards. I was surprised that I liked jyp x mmm, it was fun. Ateez and Oneus also did well, with Ateez being more memorable imo. I wish they got a longer stage and I'm a bit salty they didn't win roty but oh well

Only thing I didn't like was the usual BTS fake deep 'look how far we've come' performance. It showed how bad their music is nowadays and it felt really lackluster. Not to be a 2nd gen stan but when BB were in their prime their stages were a lot more hype. Twice also seemed super tired, they need a break asap

Posted

BTS having yet another mini concert just made this thing boring af. also wish they could have just given them all their awards at once instead of being boring throughout the show. 

Jyp needs to stop trying to be  relevant and also let his artists rest. Half of GOT7 and Twice looked dead. 

also, mnet needs to stop doing got7 dirty. seventeen too. i know it's rigged af (txt getting ROTY top fucking kek) but it's so annoying how they removed seventeen's nominations and got7 video from their channel. 

Oneus performance was really good tho, that was fun to watch.

Posted

id get murdered if i said this on twitter but txt make alright music but everyone i know that stans them was a bts fan first, run away is pretty good and catchy but its nothing special? cat and dog is the only really out there thing theyve done yet and its... not for me

Posted

id get murdered if i said this on twitter but txt make alright music but everyone i know that stans them was a bts fan first, run away is pretty good and catchy but its nothing special? cat and dog is the only really out there thing theyve done yet and its... not for me

The concept of cat and dog is so fucking weird, I mean, they are young, I take it, but the concept is so infatile, it seems like a children's show, for me Big Hit just wanted them to be the opposite of what bts were in their debut and thus can not be compared by the public. About run away, the song is not bad, but it is quite bland, another thing I noticed when I saw the presentation is that they do not have charisma to dance, I do not know, it seems as if they had only memorized the choreography (which by the way It's not amazing either, maybe that's it), but I still think they lack stage presence, but who knows, maybe in the future they can improve.

BTS having yet another mini concert just made this thing boring af. also wish they could have just given them all their awards at once instead of being boring throughout the show. 

Jyp needs to stop trying to be  relevant and also let his artists rest. Half of GOT7 and Twice looked dead. 

also, mnet needs to stop doing got7 dirty. seventeen too. i know it's rigged af (txt getting ROTY top fucking kek) but it's so annoying how they removed seventeen's nominations and got7 video from their channel. 

Oneus performance was really good tho, that was fun to watch.

I'm tired of that, it doesn't even seem like an award anymore, it's just the BTS concert and now TXT winning the prizes that bts can't win anymore. 

Another thing, I'm a little worried about the next BTS comeback, I mean, even though I didn't have much expectation of his previous comebacks, I ended up disappointing and I'm not going to use the argument that they should return to do what they did before , because in anything it is important to renew yourself, but the grace to renew yourself is to do something better, not to do the same thing that once worked for you over and over again

Posted

kpop in general is getting boring as fuck 

also i seen this this post on Twitter n this orbit/army said the big3 started the decade being on top now at the end of the decade they're in shambles bc of one group and I'm just like???? sm makes a shit ton of money, JYP is eating WELL, yg is in shambles for entirely different reasons that have nothing to do with b*s

Posted (edited)

not really sure if this belongs here, but I have to get this off my chest to get over a petty issue and I don't know if I want to put this on reddit....

to the person that told me that cpop/mpop is fake kpop, not every asian music revolves around kpop. I only said I had chinese music on my playlist, not cpop (although I do have some, yes).

Looking back, though, I understand why you might have thought I was referring to cpop (which I never do--I call it either songs or raps) when I complained about being recommended kpop as "music that you listen to", when I don't have a single kpop song in my playlist, and haven't in a while.

but f you for making me feel like my taste in music/my music in general is invalid just because it might have (probably--most likely had) been influenced by kpop. for speaking in a condescending tone. for telling me that kpop > jpop > cpop as a way to further emphasize my music sucks. and, lastly, for telling me that every cpop group is a copycat-bts, when really every group (even in kpop) is unique in their own way. I like my artists for their variety shows too, not just their music (being able to understand lyrics is also a plus).

(sorry for the small rant.)

Edited by nonexistent

Posted

Seventeen not winning best performance dance is the biggest slap in the face (they performed after that award was given out and they looked extra angry). Boy with luv is a good song but the choreo is weak/average. Instead, mnet gave them a bs/made up award called breakthrough achievement lol wtf. 2nd best selling boy group there and they got crumbs. 

Posted

was it just me or was mama's this year really weird? not even performance and awards wise(everyone deserved the awards they got this morning) but the mcs, hosts, etc were all...acting weird? i cant really explain it. i felt so uncomfortable watching it. am i under a rock, is mnet in some sort of scandal right now? even the idols looked uncomfortable

maybe they're just losing money, since there was only one this year and it was a short ceremony, etc

Posted (edited)

• K-pop feels more and more like a race to see who can make it to America next.
  • K-pop idols are babied far too much when it comes to them doing shit and saying they have no business doing. I'd go deeper into this but that deserves a whole ass post to itself.
  • K-pop feels like it's getting more and more boring, i don't know maybe it's cause i've been a fan for a long ass time now but i feel like i keep seeing the same shit regurgitated out only thing different is that it's new faces.

was it just me or was mama's this year really weird? not even performance and awards wise(everyone deserved the awards they got this morning) but the mcs, hosts, etc were all...acting weird? i cant really explain it. i felt so uncomfortable watching it. am i under a rock, is mnet in some sort of scandal right now? even the idols looked uncomfortable

maybe they're just losing money, since there was only one this year and it was a short ceremony, etc

Also i thought i was the only one who noticed this. When i was watching TWICE perform it felt like everything was so fucking Chaotic. Then i saw the other speeches n stuff and it just all felt so messy, wild and awkward...

Edited by Tzugolas

Posted (edited)

SVT, Ateez and Chungha deserved better 

Anyway

*not an unpopular op but as an OT4r, OT5rs can kiss my arse, seungshut deserves no apology esp because he tried to help his mates destroy evidence.. 

I just have something to say about other things 

*I fully noticed the unfair media coverage thing when Flower Road was released and the media made such a fuss about it.. I get it, its open season for YG but could they have been more obvious? A lot of people release music while away, go to see their friends, shoot some of my faves even promote their songs on their socials, travel and have fun with their friends/family. What was the fuss about? What was there to investigate? The fuss and the lies about big3 privilege when we all know that it was already stated and they didn't have to the the song was recorded before they entered the military.. Who else was investigated for releasing anything while in the military? The hypocrisy of it all.. And it was still the top 3 songs to be on #1

Leaking GDs info was messed up af, I get that Koreans think smoking weed is more serious than murder and rape and means you're basically no one but Wow, that breach of privacy.. Also I've always thought that the reason he even went to the White Skulls was because of all the bad things. If he had been a public service worker like TOP you'd never hear the end of it. It's like being a public service worker is looked down on. My thing is that VIPs know GD isn't physically OK or even strong and he's had injuries but I guess to be a leader and avoid the backlash of 2 members being seen to do the bare minimum as public workers I guess.. I was very surprised to hear he'd be joining such a tough squadron

The lack of empathy and professionalism surrounding TOPs OD with journalists disrespecting his privacy as a patient and his mother having to be the one to ask them to leave him alone .. Common decency would dictate your manners.. I've covered death/near death in different circumstances and respect not just for the person or yourself but also the family is important, but I'm a human being so maybe it's different..

Acting like TOP got off easy when his dealer has been given an easier time  than him and is praised as some kind of hero, weird.. Was I disappointed he lied, yeah.. But in the end, he was sentenced and punished, let it fucking go.. Coz this bs of acting like his conviction means its OK to tell him he's next or wishing him a success sxcide everytime someone passes .. "it's OK because he's a criminal" is the stupidest thing I've seen

Digging around Taeyangs building for no reason besides that he is a BB member. . Knowing that they just wanted to make it seem like the whole group was in on it.. This is why TOP invests his money in art.. I'm surprised they haven't gone after peaceminusone tbh

*Sitting on Daesungs building info to create a dramatic pile on the "YG is a den of criminals" story .. To this day I'm still not sure who owned that building for this whole time the media has been sitting on story but they (previous business owner) def won't be charged with anything  even though journalists admitted to knowing that they've investigated the place before and illegal shit has been going on since 2006 or whatever.. Did Dae know in 2017?? Did the people who advised him to buy the building also tell him about the negative side? I maybe as stupid as Daesung coz I expect my lawyers and realtors to advise me since I'm not a professional in that area.. Idk all Ik is as a journalist I was taught that I was a gatekeeper for the public and it is my job to inform them about important things and not wait till a celebrity is attached to the story, ot but part of why I left journalism is because of everything I felt important would get shoved off for some bs propaganda about gvt IS the best, I couldn't be that person, although it wasn't an easy choice I had to leave, but I don't have children, rent, debt or whatever so I didn't have to worry about not having a salary just my morals.

Idk these are just a few of my thoughts..
I don't want to make it any longer.. I've never smoked anything in my life but weed won't make me stop supporting them as long as they are 4 I'll be there.. And THANK HEAVENS I didn't buy Seungris figurine, BB have always been 4 to me 

Edited by borntriggered
Sp