• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7757 posts in this topic

Posted

rest in peace sulli. fly high dear angel. :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Rest In Peace Sulli. Hope you’re in peace up there, hope you know that a ton of people are praying for you and love you. 🙏🏼👼🏻

Posted

is it really appropriate to mention or talk about her death here, on an “unpopular kpop thread” that belongs to a gossip site? 

Posted

I'm so hurt to my very core, my eyes are pooled with tears even as I write this. My heart breaks for her family, friends and the members of f(x) as well as SM.

The sky has gained another shining star. I'm so sorry you had to suffer all alone. I'm sorry that there wasn't anyone to help you and that you felt like this was the only choice you had. You stayed strong for so long, you fought hard to stay on your feet. It must've been so difficult for you. I hope you're at peace now, surrounded by love and light. Rest well Sulli.

To anyone who may be struggling, please don't hold it within you. Please speak to someone and please know that you're never alone. You don't have to struggle by yourself with what you're going through. My inbox is always open, even though you don't know me personally I will be a shoulder to cry on and I will listen to you with an open mind and an open heart. Everyone please take care of yourselves and be kind to each other, your actions have a larger impact on people than you realize, especially anonymously on the internet.

Posted

is it really appropriate to mention or talk about her death here, on an “unpopular kpop thread” that belongs to a gossip site? 

why wouldnt it be? we arent gossiping about her death or anything, just writing our wishes about her knowing shes loved and wishing for her to rest in peace

Posted (edited)

I don't know what to say. Not a fan of Sulli or f(x) too much but I'm shocked. Rest in peace hon.

Edit: someone said "does sm never learn" and I'm not gonna lie......I choked down a laugh

Edit 2: a lot of people keep saying sorry. It sucks that people feel the need to say sorry, even if they don't feel like it's their fault.

Edited by Studi0

Posted

I don't know what to say. Not a fan of Sulli or f(x) too much but I'm shocked. Rest in peace hon.

Edit: someone said "does sm never learn" and I'm not gonna lie......I choked down a laugh

Its not only SM, this year Hara attempted suicide, a lot of actresses comitted suicide as well in Korean industry, its the whole industry that needs to change.

Posted

Its not only SM, this year Hara attempted suicide, a lot of actresses comitted suicide as well in Korean industry, its the whole industry that needs to change.

I know but I'm not interested in arguing with a random commenter who blames SM for every issue that goes down. That being said, I know a lot of people say SM should have professionals but are idols allowed to get professional help themselves or? I'm not sure what healthcare is like for SK, or if it's the debt that idols have to companies that require them to be broke and therefore not get help due to a lack of money, or...is there an actual answer?

Posted

I know but I'm not interested in arguing with a random commenter who blames SM for every issue that goes down. That being said, I know a lot of people say SM should have professionals but are idols allowed to get professional help themselves or? I'm not sure what healthcare is like for SK, or if it's the debt that idols have to companies that require them to be broke and therefore not get help due to a lack of money, or...is there an actual answer?

Im pretty sure they can get it but with the insane eschedules they have its quite difficult to get an appointment every week

Posted

have you heard of the milk club in sm entertainment? leeteuk (suju), taeyeon and yoona (snsd), onew (shinee), and yoochun (dbsk) are known members. there's little information about it online, but it was basically a club of idols in sm who were depressed back in the early 2000s. they had to make their own support group. as far as i know this club was told to stop meeting by sm.

i don't know what the answer is, but it's clear there is a mental health crisis not just among idols, but in south korea as a country. it's not hard to google and find information about this fact. it's practically all out in the open, but many people refuse to talk about it. their country is doing amazingly in terms of physical health and economically. but mental health? no, it's terrible. just google 'mental health in south korea', you will find many articles on the topic.

anyway i really just came here to say rip to sulli. she has been my favorite member of f(x) since the beginning, she didn't deserve so much of the negativity that got placed on her shoulders. some of the things she got ripped apart for include not wearing a bra, drinking with friends, and being a feminist. it was ridiculous to watch. i always hoped she was able to ignore it all, but at a certain point...it must have been so hard. she deserved better.

Posted (edited)

People are disgusting. Wild how the hate and stupidity doesn't just stop in SK or well known sites. 

Screenshot_20191014-074700_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Studi0

Posted

I saw someone talking about how their ship was dead now they Sulli passed.. wtf is wrong with some people..

anyway, if you’re struggling with what’s going on, as a shawol, I suggest you delete your social media apps for a bit, or at least hide them and just take time to breathe. It’ll be okay. And if you need someone to talk to who has been through this, feel free to reach out. I’m happy to help~ stay safe everyone

Posted

Jonghyun had a therapist and was open about it, but the quality of the therapists there is pretty bad. Jonghyun's one told him it is his fault that he feels bad and that it is because of his personality. 

R.I.P. Sulli, I hope you find your peace.

Trigger warning:

I was on Twitter etc. and some people are really disgusting.

Some even wrote after Jonghyun's suicide that since f(x) is the sister group that Sulli should also commit suicide, so that they are equal. Like how sick are you to think that writing something like this is okay?? It is said that Sulli hanged herself, which shows that she really didn't wanted to saved and just wanted it to be over. We discussed her a few weeks before here and saw all that she needed help and those netziens continued to hate on her even more and put her down for releasing a song, which either was her goodbye or her last try to really continue.

And now the same people are the ones, who blame everyone but themselves and don't even think how their comments must have hurt her. You don't have to like Sulli, but hating on someone, especially if they are already hated enough, is pathetic. Hating in general is so stupid, you can dislike someone and critise them politly or at least not hateful, but you don't need to tell that them that they should die etc. She didn't even kill anyone and yet she still got more hate then way worse people...

Posted

I feel so bad I never knew who sulli was bcus apparently she’s the most bullied person in kpop. I really wish I knew. Rest In Peace girl.

Posted

It really upsets me how some crazy teenager kpop stans treat kpop stars like they're just their living dolls. Making rude comments over their death on how they deserved it, or their ship is dead now, or whatever. Gosh, it is that hard to view people as PEOPLE. I'm glad almost everyone on PULL seems to be mature about kpop but some kpop fans are vile.

Anyhow please rest in peace Sulli, I'm sorry society can be so harsh. I am happy to see some kpop agencies (at least seemingly) take a more serious approach to mental health. I'm glad Mina is getting time off but there's probably 1000 more idols struggling every day. I hope that Korea begins to take mental health more seriously after losing poor Sulli and Jonghyun.