• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

10102 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

gotta love twitter stans who always try to force artists into a sexuality that they want for their fantasies,,,,

I actually got this from the YouTube comments 🤣🤣 like if you look in the comments that's all they are talking about.

I try to stay away from twitter now. ugh. can't with them I know they are probably going ape shit over it.

Edited by Velvitjin

Posted

I reallllyyy like Oneus new song and video for 'Lit'. 

Me too! The song is so much fun and I love the MV. Hwangwoong opening with Gaja...UUHNNNN had me living the fantasy.

Plus Keonhee with the blue hair.

Oneus is underrated in my opinion, they deserve more recognition.

I truly think Ateez will blow up and become huge. They might fill up the gap when BTS enlists and go on hiatus.

Posted

what is SM snorting? a tour for super M? really? a TOUR? do they know EXO-L hates the group? 

Korea's body standards are ridiculous. I know Asians tend to be skinnier than other ethnicities. But it's ridiculous when 5'4+ women are struggling to be under 100 lbs or else they're considered "fat."

I'd rather see idols promote healthy eating and exercise. Some of them are probably legitimately healthy but you can't convince me there aren't also a ton of idols with eating disorders. I always hear of idol diets like eating only 1 sweet potato and 1 apple a day leading up to promotions, or running on a treadmill until they can't walk anymore. 

A lot of the "fat" idols look super beautiful and healthy by western standards. Like apparently Nancy from Momoland is "fat." Honestly I would love to have her body. She looks healthy to me. 

It's even dumber when idols have naturally large hips, like Hwasa, and they're called fat for it. Like if your hipbones are wide, they're wide... No amount of dieting will shrink wide hipbones. Hwasa is skinny but she has wide hips. 

Image result for momoland nancy fat

Image result for hwasa

Hwasa hardly gets called fat, also its known idols lie about both, height and weight (put less weight and more height), so, basically its companies creating that irreal image. Suzy said she is more than 47kg now and people said nothing cause she is still thin.

Posted

Korea's body standards are ridiculous. I know Asians tend to be skinnier than other ethnicities. But it's ridiculous when 5'4+ women are struggling to be under 100 lbs or else they're considered "fat."

I'd rather see idols promote healthy eating and exercise. Some of them are probably legitimately healthy but you can't convince me there aren't also a ton of idols with eating disorders. I always hear of idol diets like eating only 1 sweet potato and 1 apple a day leading up to promotions, or running on a treadmill until they can't walk anymore. 

A lot of the "fat" idols look super beautiful and healthy by western standards. Like apparently Nancy from Momoland is "fat." Honestly I would love to have her body. She looks healthy to me. 

It's even dumber when idols have naturally large hips, like Hwasa, and they're called fat for it. Like if your hipbones are wide, they're wide... No amount of dieting will shrink wide hipbones. Hwasa is skinny but she has wide hips. 

Image result for momoland nancy fat

i watched a reality/documentary or whatever about aoa during their earlier days (before seolhyun blew up for her body) on youtube and one of the uppers at fnc scolded seolhyun for gaining weight and said "you guys are idols. people are supposed to idolize you because you're not like any normal person." Scary to see how no one wants to be "normal" anymore.

Posted

I want to slap Chanyeol out of EXO rn, as if EXO doesnt get enough shit already. SM kick him outttt.

Posted

I want to slap Chanyeol out of EXO rn, as if EXO doesnt get enough shit already. SM kick him outttt.

what did he do

Posted

what did he do

He promoted Zico.

Posted

Saying they are just pop as an excuse...goddamn wherent they in the UN not long ago? Lmfao drop them UN, they are just pop1!1!1!!

Didnt Nicki Minaj cancel SA because of this damn thing even if she's 'jUsT pOp'? If famous people doesnt boycott then who will learn and follow? 

i figured that person just meant that, it would be "fine" if they never touched any of those subjects cause like, while it's much appreciated when celebs use their platform to speak up, even if they don't it's kinda fine i guess? it's really not their job...but since they DID profit a shit ton from their "woke concept" and crap like that, i thought she was calling them out on being hypocrites...maybe i misunderstood tho, in which case i'm sorry lol

but yeah, i agree with you, this was really a shitty thing to say. and people saying how "RM didnt' say that" ... i'm pretty sure BH had to approve and that they even kinda promo'd the interview? i'm just surprised that with all their training that includes how to act in public and what to say during interviews THIS was their best response? kinda sloppy if you ask me.

Posted

Saaammme, thats a new recurring them in kpop lol bc ATeez have been saying Gaja too

I also don't think they will ever be as big as BTS but they will be a top group I believe. Most of their fans are international anyway, they don't have a korean fandom at all really.

I love them though and Wooyoungs new teaser has me crying.

soo excited that Mingi comes back tomorrow! I hope he's feeling much better and not just doing it to appease KQ and immature fan girls ugh.

Posted

gotta love twitter stans who always try to force artists into a sexuality that they want for their fantasies,,,,

its so ridiculous. "yas we love a gay/bi/lesbian queen" but if a word/pronoun in a song theyre covering gets changed, they get so offended and disappointed over it.

Posted

its so ridiculous. "yas we love a gay/bi/lesbian queen" but if a word/pronoun in a song theyre covering gets changed, they get so offended and disappointed over it.

please, let''s not forget how those fans also forget about actual gay idols. most of stan twitter doesn't give 2 shits about holland for example. yet when their favs do it they praise them as lgbtq+ gods. just for existing in a same room as a rainbow flag or not changing a pronoun lmao. 

guess shipping your straight favs leaves you with an option of fantasizing about y/n with them too. best of both worlds for kboos i guess :feelgood:

Posted

I kind of laugh when everyone wants to act like AOA is suddenly feminist LGBTQ queens for having drag queens in their Queendom stage. When half of their past music videos is just zoom ins on their ass while they bend up and down. Miniskirt, Like a Cat, and so on is just zooms in on their body while they wear tight clothes. Their faces aren't even in like half of the shots.

Like I still think it's cool that they used drag queens. And maybe they didn't want to be portrayed in such a sexual way in the past and it was just a choice of their company. But I still feel disappointed in how their past music videos choose to portray women and I'm not going to stan them as "woke queens" unless they quit making music videos and dances like their old ones. Hopefully AOA shows a different side to them other than just sexy male audience-pandering from now on. 

Posted

I kind of laugh when everyone wants to act like AOA is suddenly feminist LGBTQ queens for having drag queens in their Queendom stage. When half of their past music videos is just zoom ins on their ass while they bend up and down. Miniskirt, Like a Cat, and so on is just zooms in on their body while they wear tight clothes. Their faces aren't even in like half of the shots.

Like I still think it's cool that they used drag queens. And maybe they didn't want to be portrayed in such a sexual way in the past and it was just a choice of their company. But I still feel disappointed in how their past music videos choose to portray women and I'm not going to stan them as "woke queens" unless they quit making music videos and dances like their old ones. Hopefully AOA shows a different side to them other than just sexy male audience-pandering from now on. 

Damn, now you arent feminist of you are sexy or what? 

Posted (edited)

Damn, now you arent feminist of you are sexy or what? 

I highly doubt when aoa was promoting those songs they had the greater good of the female gender in mind 

Edited by saerom