• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9293 posts in this topic

Posted

We need more tomboys in kpop like Amber. I loved jeongyeong from twice with her boyish haircut but it sucks how it goes against Korean beauty standards. I’m just gonna say that boyish girl group members would be good since they’ll appeal to some girl fans (like me lmao)

gwsn has a member called miya ! ~

Posted

gwsn has a member called miya ! ~

Yesss, Miya is fucking hawtttt. Ultimate girl crush.

Posted

new jhope song 'chicken noodle soup' is ok, doesnt slap as it should and doesnt come close to beating the original  

Posted (edited)

Umm what...i- :beardo: 

IMG_20190927_121326_280.thumb.jpg.2e9cff

Battle of weird music titles "dumb litty" vs "chicken noodle soup"

I thought that they were going to collab to make a bop, like they could have made spanish-korean hit song. But no.

It also looks like jhope and suga are growing their hair out too not just jungkook.

Edited by hfeuwh146

Posted

BTS collabs have been so bad as of late. But this and seoul town road take the cake. Especially with Becky Gs over auto-tuned high pitched "singing". Is she trying for that Ariana sound?

Posted

Apparently YG/their American label submitted Blackpink for the Grammys.

I don't know what to say...

Or if they win I want to sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the shit storm.

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2019/09/26/blackpink-eligible-for-best-new-artist-nom-at-grammys-thanks-to-ygs-galaxy-brain/

how are they even eligible for a Grammy when they can't even sell out concerts and fanmeets and their album sales aren't that great either??!

If blackpink don't win the grammy then i feel sorry for whatever person wins it because they will be getting hate from blinks.

Posted

how are they even eligible for a Grammy when they can't even sell out concerts and fanmeets and their album sales aren't that great either??!

If blackpink don't win the grammy then i feel sorry for whatever person wins it because they will be getting hate from blinks.

I mean not all western artists sell out their concerts and sell all their albums. It’s all about media impact and exposure and just general iconicness. Still I don’t think they’ll win a Grammy but idk especially when I haven’t heard of any of the other names on the list they’re nominated for 

Posted

BTS collabs have been so bad as of late. But this and seoul town road take the cake. Especially with Becky Gs over auto-tuned high pitched "singing". Is she trying for that Ariana sound?

i don’t think i like any of the western collabs that bts did.... maybe except for that coldplay song 

Posted (edited)

Apparently YG/their American label submitted Blackpink for the Grammys.

I don't know what to say...

Or if they win I want to sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the shit storm.

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2019/09/26/blackpink-eligible-for-best-new-artist-nom-at-grammys-thanks-to-ygs-galaxy-brain/

i doubt that they will be nominated for this.. they dont even write or produce their own song.. Yg is just clowning themselves if theres a grouo whose more worthy of a grammy nomination its probably be akmu

Edited by Sab
Lmao

Posted (edited)

They are actually TECHNICALLY ELIGIBLE (for submission and consideration) for the Best New Artist Grammy! Based on this criteria that is: 55DAA184-CAD5-4D03-94A8-710B168473CD.thu

HIGHLY DOUBT THEY’LL ACTUALLY WIN IT THOUGH. There are more impactful new artists that debuted in the past year. BUT OH GOD CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW AWFUL THEIR STAGE WILL BE IF THEY ATTEND? Lol I dunno but i think if BTS was the one submitted for the award, it would make total sense that they’re the ones who actually have a chance for it. They’re just over-qualified since they have released a handful of full length albums before breaking into the US market

Edited by Mudslideshaker

Posted

Even if BTS was nominated and didn't have as many albums, they would not win the Grammys. (they have been making music for ~7 years so it wouldn't make sense anyways). Y'all are forgetting that most of the American GP who watch the Grammys don't care about kpop, let alone a group like BTS (or BlackPink). 

Posted

As much as awards are subjective and don’t really mean anything when you really think about it, I feel like these kpop companies are underestimating just how prestigious awards like the Grammys are... like? 

Not just anyone can win a Grammy. Especially when most of these kpoo artists are manufactured, not *amazingly* talented at singing/dancing, and are not revolutionary in any way. 

Like... blackpink for real? BTS too, but blackpink is even more questionable (and this is coming from a fan of them) 

Posted

Even if BTS was nominated and didn't have as many albums, they would not win the Grammys. (they have been making music for ~7 years so it wouldn't make sense anyways). Y'all are forgetting that most of the American GP who watch the Grammys don't care about kpop, let alone a group like BTS (or BlackPink). 

Not saying that they’ll surely win. I get what you’re saying here, i just meant that it would somehow makes sense atleast (or atleast just to me) if it’s them that is hypothetically nominated, since they’re a little more influential and has farther reach in the american public. I said chance for the nomination, not the award itself. Lol they surely won’t win if ever too, since a grammy is not won by public votes (aka armies voting tirelessly for a social artist award) or mere attendance at the ceremony (ehem MAMA?).

no current kpop act is ever going to be worthy of a Grammy, lbr.

Posted

I haven't recovered from cringing over the way Jhope was singing Chicken noodle soup, I might cringe the wrest of the weekend.