• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

10102 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kards new music is disappointing its all easily forgettable party songs, jiwoo is pretty but the makeup and hairstyle is a no-no.

Dumb Litty sounds and looks like it belongs in 2012-13 and it should stay there.

Edited by sleepydumpling

Posted

Somehow I really admire KARD. They're not trying to be groundbreaking or intellectual. They're just making music for people to blast in clubs and get drunk to. It's trashy... but unapologetically trashy. You know exactly what you're going to get with a song titled "Dumb Litty" and they deliver. 

(Sorry if this sounds like a roast LOL, I actually like them.) 

Posted

Somehow I really admire KARD. They're not trying to be groundbreaking or intellectual. They're just making music for people to blast in clubs and get drunk to. It's trashy... but unapologetically trashy. You know exactly what you're going to get with a song titled "Dumb Litty" and they deliver. 

They are mature and their music isn't for the normal kpop teens, it's for a more mature audience and I love it. I wish more groups were like this. 

Posted

this summarizes exactly how I feel about them lol  they’re not being tryhards, they know their sound and their audience well.  Dumb Litty sounds straight out of 2012, but I’m not complaining. 

Posted

Her “we’re the best of this generation” comment during the mess that was their Fire performance made me laugh my ass off honestly

I guess there seems to be a fine line between confidence and delusion lol

Part of me thinks that she acquired this cocky persona during Unpretty Rapstar. From what I remember the contestants freuquently used the fact that she was still a young trainee and didn't get into I.O.I against her and said things like that she'll always be a trainee & never debut and that she was inferior to them.

I also didn't like it when she said "I don't do cute" My god I hate it when rappers put on this cliché tough front. It would've been nice to see them switch concept every once in a while. Like c'mon,it's not gonna make her any less of a rapper. She should get over herself.

Posted

her most iconic moment imo

(seriously what is she thinking with the whole ethnic hip & african~~~~ crap :alpacaworry2: its not even her first time doing this but before this fans kept defending her saying its the companys fault) 

The funny part is that they seemed to mostly use Indian influences rather than African, like bruh wrong continent. Did they just think India was close enough or did they change their minds halfway through?

Posted

now am not defending her actions on CA however we all know how good mnet's editing skills are, i watch they i talk series on youtube and she doesnt come across like a bully heck she tries not to the center of attention during those videos

Posted

soyeon is a good rapper, compared to all other female idol rappers who are basically reading the lyrics and call it rap. but she acts waaaaay too cocky. i dont like how she always pulls the "i am the best i am the queen" in every g-idle performance.

Posted

They should have done I'm the best, Fire was such a bad choice and how she kept pushing it till everyone just accepted so she would shut the fuck up...Also its pretty clear she doesnt like Shuhua to me, almost 0 lines again while everyone else is giving subvocals some time to shine...

Posted

kpop stan twitter is such a huge fucking mistake ... they wont leave cupcakke alone and now ... she has left the music industry and deleted all her social media ... i'll throw hands

Posted (edited)

kpop stan twitter is such a huge fucking mistake ... they wont leave cupcakke alone and now ... she has left the music industry and deleted all her social media ... i'll throw hands

did she not make fun of chungha's name...? 

i dont mind black artists saying koreans can't dance or rap but mocking east asian names has always been a sore spot. 

Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 13.29.26.png

Edited by sk2

Posted (edited)

I like cupcakke but she deserved it this time. She’s been the subject of racist abuse from kpop stans so why is she trying to fight racism with racism?? 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

unprovoked as well...

Edited by staycalmdouche

Posted

Who do you think is the most underrated K-pop artist? :alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

Who do you think is the most underrated K-pop artist? :alpacaheadshake:

for idols it's oh my girl (but they're slowly gaining more recognition now) and april

Edited by sk2
typical pull technical error- ignore image attached

Posted (edited)

did she not make fun of chungha's name...? 

i dont mind black artists saying koreans can't dance or rap but mocking east asian names has always been a sore spot. 

Ehhh wtf.

And what claim do black artist (or any for that matter) have to say a whole industry cant dance? Racist as hell.

Edited by arinbunny