• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8334 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

dont want to interact with stan twt so i have to ask on here.

is "south career" a derogatory term ifans use to say "south korea"? 

also i am DYING for APRIL's comeback and i thought they'd push the group more after naeun got popular from a-teen but.... -_- 

Edited by sk2

Posted

TWICE fans trying to say that JYP didnt force Mina on the comeback and she chosed it on her own...yeah sure.

Posted (edited)

dont want to interact with stan twt so i have to ask on here.

is "south career" a derogatory term ifans use to say "south korea"? 

I don’t think it is meant as  derogatory? It’s like when people say “onion-haseyo”, instead of “annyeonghaseo” .  I think it’s making fun of the English pronunciation. 

If anything, it reminds me of that “bone Apple tea” (bon appetit) meme

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted

Best current female girlgroup rappers in my opinion:

1. Soyeon

2. LE

3. Yeeun

4. Moonbyul

Based on flow, live performances, whether they write their own lyrics, etc, and pure personal preference.

Posted (edited)

TWICE fans trying to say that JYP didnt force Mina on the comeback and she chosed it on her own...yeah sure.

she looks more dead now than before if thats possible. I wish that jyp wasn't money hungry and more focused on mina's mental health. And give day6 the promotion deserve and twice give them some fucking rest

F2064506-54F3-4234-A5FB-FC9541FEFC7C.thu

NGL whatever look Lisa has on looks beyond horrible. Who did that to her... both the clothes and the makeup are horrendous.

Jesus christ who let them out of the dressing room. Jennie and Lisa's make up are like worst here reminds me when i was on 3rd grade when ijust discovered my moms make up and was trying to put it on like this is straight up the worst.. but at least rose and jisoo look like kinda sorta good here. Its not the best but still

Edited by Sab

Posted

I don't agree with people doing things like writing K-pop fanfictions, or making "shipping" videos or theories. 

They're not anime or TV characters, they're not dolls for you to play with. They're actual people. The reality probably is that 95% of them are NOT gay for their group members because #1 most people are simply not gay and #2 they're professionals who work together. I'm not saying it's never happened in the history of K-pop but is your favorite boy group/girl group having a big gay orgy with each other every night? No. That's just you being selfish and horny. 

Having personal sexual fantasies about the members is fine but I don't think I agree with people publishing Youtube videos on it or posting about it on Fanfic websites. "LOOK! Two members of BTS touched hands and grinned at each other at a public event! They're going to have gay sex all night!" If I was a celebrity and people did that BS to me I'd feel awful. 

Who they're dating is none of our business unless they decide to go public with it, like Jihyo and Kang Daniel. I hope over time idols are allowed to be more honest about their romantic relationships, because too many young fans are simply delusional. I hope K-pop idols can choose to enter healthy happy relationships with other people from the industry or with "normal" people in society. 

Posted (edited)

I'm actually super excited for Ateez new comeback, it's going to be an even darker theme than before and we got black haired Seonghwa back.

tenor.thumb.gif.fedd1eb0be6622bb8f26cd49

So I actually really love 'fear' by seventeen .

Edited by Velvitjin

Posted

(Sorry for double-posting)

I also dislike twitter stans who SWEAR their favorite idol didn't get any kind of plastic surgery or work done to their face, and will fight to the death over it. 

Sure, I'm sure there are many idols who have natural good looks. But there are just as many who've gotten work done to their face - double eyelid surgery, jaw shaven down, nose jobs, so on. If they haven't gotten something major done a lot of them have something more minor like botox to stop them from aging. 

And you know what? That's fine. As long as they didn't feel forced by the company, who cares what surgery they get? If they feel beautiful with their face that's all that matters to me. But let's stop deluding ourselves and saying every idol is born with a perfect V-shaped jaw, big wide eyes, and a high nose bridge.

If anything I feel like swearing it's all natural kind of ignores the beauty of many natural Asian people. You can have a round face, almond eyes, low nose bridge and still be super handsome/beautiful. If we act like no K-pop idols were altered in any way then us "normal" people might unfairly compare ourselves to them, when a lot of us could look like them with a skilled plastic surgeon and a lot of money. 

Posted

i’m tired of seeing Kai shirtless in everything 😒 

Posted

I feel like Sunny has an underrated look. She's always looked so pretty to me? Maybe it's because idols nowadays have the same kind of look. I know a lot of people think members of Itzy are ugly but at least they have a look that hasn't been done 1000x over.  

People will go on and on about how over excessive ps is in the idol industry but as soon as someone looks relatively normal then they're ugly? 

Posted

Yeah, I don't think that statement is as genuine as it sounds. If JYP actually listened to TWICE, then they would've been on a hiatus/better schedule a longg time ago. He's just trying to save his image of being the superior Big3 company. Mina looked so upset when she had to return to Korea and onces don't think that's because she had to come back to film?? I hope it's true and they are taking her easy with promotions, but I don't know, I highly doubt it. 

Posted (edited)

I'm so fucking sick of seeing people knit picking things over Sullis ig lives. Every time homegirl goes live it's a fucking scandal over the dumbest shit. 

I personally love her drunk/drinking lives. 

Edited by Velvitjin

Posted

(Sorry for double-posting)

I also dislike twitter stans who SWEAR their favorite idol didn't get any kind of plastic surgery or work done to their face, and will fight to the death over it. 

Sure, I'm sure there are many idols who have natural good looks. But there are just as many who've gotten work done to their face - double eyelid surgery, jaw shaven down, nose jobs, so on. If they haven't gotten something major done a lot of them have something more minor like botox to stop them from aging. 

And you know what? That's fine. As long as they didn't feel forced by the company, who cares what surgery they get? If they feel beautiful with their face that's all that matters to me. But let's stop deluding ourselves and saying every idol is born with a perfect V-shaped jaw, big wide eyes, and a high nose bridge.

If anything I feel like swearing it's all natural kind of ignores the beauty of many natural Asian people. You can have a round face, almond eyes, low nose bridge and still be super handsome/beautiful. If we act like no K-pop idols were altered in any way then us "normal" people might unfairly compare ourselves to them, when a lot of us could look like them with a skilled plastic surgeon and a lot of money. 

I feel like Sunny has an underrated look. She's always looked so pretty to me? Maybe it's because idols nowadays have the same kind of look. I know a lot of people think members of Itzy are ugly but at least they have a look that hasn't been done 1000x over.  

People will go on and on about how over excessive ps is in the idol industry but as soon as someone looks relatively normal then they're ugly? 

quoting you two cause i hecking agree. heck, there are different kinds of asian beauty out there, but we're gonna stick to one? nah. i hope people realize that not everyone whos physically pretty/handsome actually adheres to standards. some are standard pretty. some are uniquely pretty...and honestly, i personally dont like labeling beauty bec as long as someone's pretty, they're pretty. but sometimes you cant really help doing that, i guess. you can have individual 'conventional' facial features but can still look average af

Posted (edited)

Double post vv

Edited by jb-ist

Posted

Honestly that’s how I felt like when everyone started calling Itzy ugly in the thread. However much you nitpick their face, they’re still pretty looking kids. I don’t get why everyone thinks they’re the pinnacle of ugliness. Ig being into kpop makes you act more and more like a knet when it comes to beauty. Geez, I’ve literally seen people bash idols for their torso and shoulder sizes, as if that’s something they can completely control.