• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9291 posts in this topic

Posted

Joy, that Chick is gorgeous. She beats everyone in RV and black pink IMO on looks. 

JOY IS SO UNDERRATED!!! she's really pretty, idk why more ppl don't talk about it. and u also mentioned hwasa who is, simply put, straight up fire (although i can agree that she is not a conventional type of pretty).

then again, i'm not one to agree much with k-netz opinions bc they like everything/everyone to look cutsey and the same and it's boring/vanilla.

don't get me wrong tho, girls like jisoo and irene are above average pretty, just not my type. 

just throwing my 2 cents in but, the reality is that looking unique and even slightly deviating from the beauty standard brings on a barrage of hate, especially from k-netz. it happened with nana, as you guys mentioned, its currently happening with hwasa, for instance. there are numerous examples that could be brought up from any gen, imo.

what this lead to is most companies/idols either choosing to conform from the get-go or eventually getting harrassed into undertaking unnecessary procedures. which not only doesnt fix the situation but brings on a whole other set of accusations and harassment.

its more of a demand thing than it is a supply thing - if fans supported less than perfectly cloned idols, we'd be seeing more unique faces. the industry follows the money.

as i was typing my above comment i read yours thoroughly and u took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted (edited)

stylists stop dying idols hair who happen to be more tan than the average into really bright colours challenge

IMG_20190906_160350.jpg

Edited by makuhita

Posted

69CAE8D0-B6A3-4564-9B4B-8B9887A80F12.jpeg

Posted

idk who this is but he needs to lay off of snow app and skin bleach asap

Posted

is that huening kai

Posted

is that huening kai

Yeah finally back after his pink eye situation 

Posted

Yeah finally back after his pink eye situation 

I just open all my notifications in a new tab and thought I was on the koreaboo or gangnam unnie thread no joke. I said it before on this thread Kpop idols need to fucking chill with their ridiculous editing 😂

Posted

please don't... will always be k.will's best song

Posted

I feel like visuals nowadays are so bland compared to visuals back in 99-2012. most of these groups get average looking girls, give them eyelid surgery and prettier outfits and hair and they're called the visual. NANA and Yoona were the best visuals to grace the planet 😧

Also taeyong or mark might be the first to leave nct/sm when they're contracts are up because they get overworked like hell

Maybe because there's too many visuals in a group to the point that no one stands-out as a true visual. Take LOONA, EverGlow, Cherry Bullet, or any other new debuted groups in general. There are some people in a group looks the same. 

Posted

please don't... will always be k.will's best song

runner up is don’t be nice/treat me bad 

Posted

omg i deadass didnt recognize hueningkai at all, he looks like he belongs in the general koreaboo thread yikes 💀

Posted

As shitty as it was, I miss onehallyu.  It was the only place I could discuss idol plastic surgery without getting a surge of hate.  Like yeah they would exaggerate sometimes(relate any small change to plastic surgery), but you got in trouble for outright denying .

Posted

As shitty as it was, I miss onehallyu.  It was the only place I could discuss idol plastic surgery without getting a surge of hate.  Like yeah they would exaggerate sometimes(relate any small change to plastic surgery), but you got in trouble for outright denying .

Not to mention it was literally one of the only few places to just generally talk gossip about kpop without a bunch of hate or dumbassery going your way. 

Also the lesbian kpop idol forum was how I found gwsn and miya so....yeah....

Posted (edited)

I didn’t like the community at all but generations of kpop gossip was lost and now I can’t look up certain things without coming to the same 404 page 

Edited by jb-ist

Posted (edited)

i might be biased but aoa was robbed on queendom, their performance was the best (and they did a 7 member song with only 5 members) lol but ofcourse groups who are huge right now will get the most votes

sunmis current hair doesnt suit her at all imo and makes her look weird and older

Edited by nayun