• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7349 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i might be biased but aoa was robbed on queendom, their performance was the best (and they did a 7 member song with only 5 members) lol but ofcourse groups who are huge right now will get the most votes

sunmis current hair doesnt suit her at all imo and makes her look weird and older

Edited by nayun

Posted

As shitty as it was, I miss onehallyu.  It was the only place I could discuss idol plastic surgery without getting a surge of hate.  Like yeah they would exaggerate sometimes(relate any small change to plastic surgery), but you got in trouble for outright denying .

i thought me not accessing onehallyu was just me. so they shut down? well damn, they honestly had interesting topics to read tbh...........

Posted

i thought me not accessing onehallyu was just me. so they shut down? well damn, they honestly had interesting topics to read tbh...........

What exactly happened to the site? Anyone know?

Posted

69CAE8D0-B6A3-4564-9B4B-8B9887A80F12.jpeg

He's whiter than the wall

Posted

It's nuts 'howlin 404' hasn't blown up in America yet. If Travis Scott did it, it'd be huge af. 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by strawberry.tiramisu
Posted on wrong thread, sorry!

Posted

- Americans should stop hating on their own country so much and calling themselves stupid

- Major European cities are so overfilled with tourists in summer that you don’t get to really feel the culture in all the hustle 

- Traveling a lot doesn’t make you enlightened

- I will silently judge you if you will not know existence of certain countries. Like c’mon Earth isn’t that big. Just be aware that this country exists and maybe know on which continent it is 

And probably not so unpopular but 

-Parents of child actors are greedy for money and don’t care for happiness and sanity of their child 

wrong unpopular opinion thread? :alpacacrush:

// ioi titletracks > izone titletracks

cute & sexy concepts > girlcrush concepts

Posted

I remember someone was calling me all types of names because I preferred cute and sexy concepts over girl crush lol.  I just like cute shit!!! Also , the sexy songs girl groups get are usually pretty good imo, I find girl crush can become cringey very easily. 

Posted

yeap 🙈

Posted

I remember someone was calling me all types of names because I preferred cute and sexy concepts over girl crush lol.  I just like cute shit!!! Also , the sexy songs girl groups get are usually pretty good imo, I find girl crush can become cringey very easily. 

Thats because todays girl crush groups market themselves towards both a male and female audience which makes them look very twofaced. Like for example blackpink are marketed towards teen girls but at the same time they are marketed and sexualized for thirsty incels.

Posted (edited)

girl crush concepts are just sexy concepts that pretend they are meant to empower women and arent meant to appeal to the male gaze when in reality they use women as objects and still appeal to men just as much. companies figured out that male fans are more likely to drop a group and spend less money than female fans so they essentially made up girl crush concepts as a way to try to appeal to a female audience more. its sad how many people fall for the obvious pandering but the concepts are still pretty cool i guess. 

Edited by Ayyy_1ma0

Posted

Sm entertainment is so ageist. They dont even care if the group is popular at this point or not after 5-7 years they will stop caring about that group even if that group is their money maker. Red velvet and exo are just a example, sm is not bothered with them anymore and is trying to make them fall into irrelevancy by giving them whatever leftover crappy comeback they have in the studio.

Posted

i prefer girl crush and sexy cause i just can't fuck with obvious pedo bait shit that are most cute concepts tbh. twice are the worst with that imo, not to mention their lyrics which are both cringy AND creepy. someone save them from JYP lmao. actually someone save all the girls from that nasty creep.

oh yeah, also the forced chipmunk voices and pathetic attempts at hitting the high notes just makes my ears bleed most of the time. that's my main problem with kpop in general, the fact that the companies refuse to let their artists sing in their comfortable range. 

Posted

i prefer girl crush and sexy cause i just can't fuck with obvious pedo bait shit that are most cute concepts tbh. twice are the worst with that imo, not to mention their lyrics which are both cringy AND creepy. someone save them from JYP lmao. actually someone save all the girls from that nasty creep.

oh yeah, also the forced chipmunk voices and pathetic attempts at hitting the high notes just makes my ears bleed most of the time. that's my main problem with kpop in general, the fact that the companies refuse to let their artists sing in their comfortable range. 

you can call basically any concept in kpop pedo bait tho.  A lot of girl group fans are old dudes, the fan chants for girl groups no matter the concept are dominanted by men during music shows(except red velvet and Blackpink I think).  ioi “whatta man”- that was so creepy!!!! stellar- as good as their songs were; they were obviously catered towards a VERY specific demographic, especially Sting.  

I just think that’s not a very fair argument when they do the same thing with sexy concepts. Orange Caramel were considered cute concept weren’t they? They sang in VERY high pitched voices, but one of their songs Catallena is about a girl.

i do agree that companies need to stop giving them out of range songs, it’s very embarrassing when they can’t sing their own song on stage.

Posted

Rose is the only one in BP that can "sing"