• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9293 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does anyone find it weird for bighit to produce a drama project based on the bts members’ lives themselves??? 😂

I’ve lived long enough in the kpop scene but has never heard of something like this before đŸ€ŠđŸ»â€â™€ïž

its for the fictional universe that the albums are based around. bts aren't even appearing in it. its not a reality show lol 😂

Edited by tokyoyoongi

Posted

? jungkook just lost his baby fat and he’s been allowed to work out ever since Run era and the boy eats like crazy. not to mention he’s heavily into sports. i don’t think he lost weight to look less like a baby lmao it’d be weirder to look like one at his age. he just aged...........

boy group members usually grow out their hair during their time off and cut it shorter during promotion periods too

Jungkook has always been athletic though, if it was about baby fat he would have lost all of that baby fat when he was 19 but he didn't, tbh i think he is doing extreme diets that arent good for himself, i remember in late dna era 2017 when jungkook basically looked anorexic and thats when he lost all of his face fat, he is also probably doing vigorous excercises and diets the only difference is that now he has more muscle so people think he is okay but i think he is still dieting.

On another note i feel like whenever something happens to bts armys will always rush to jimins side to baby him as if the other members dont go through the same things.

Posted (edited)

Jungkook has always been athletic though, if it was about baby fat he would have lost all of that baby fat when he was 19 but he didn't, tbh i think he is doing extreme diets that arent good for himself, i remember in late dna era 2017 when jungkook basically looked anorexic and thats when he lost all of his face fat, he is also probably doing vigorous excercises and diets the only difference is that now he has more muscle so people think he is okay but i think he is still dieting.

On another note i feel like whenever something happens to bts armys will always rush to jimins side to baby him as if the other members dont go through the same things.

he was always athletic but bighit literally didn’t let him go to the gym until Run era because they wanted to keep his ~youthful~ boy image. this was said by jungkook himself.

you don’t automatically lose all baby fat at 19, some people lose them in their early 20s instead. during the early dna era jungkook clarified he was so busy with the tight schedule that he couldn’t eat, and gained weight throughout the promotion and he looked fine afterwards as the schedule got lax. 

hes been seen out eating at meat restaurants during his off days and he often showed us what he was eating during tour so i honestly don’t think jungkook is starving himself. 

everyone who looks “healthy” in kpop like seolhyun and monsta x members and literally every boy group member with muscles are all underweight but with muscles to make up for the extreme thinness so they look toned/bulky. you need to reach a certain level of thinness and work on muscles afterwards to look like that on camera.

Edited by sk2

Posted

Talking about image/concept

imo i never like the "cutesy boy next door" concept. The fans will start their creepy ass infantilization and baby the idols to an unbearable extent. Im glad Jungkook finally started to go for the style he actually wants, and he looks good with it too. I prefer the more adult concept (which is actually fit with their age) like VIXX or Monsta X 

Posted (edited)

Everglow’s views are so suspicious. Not much buzz about the song, likes are low, but still so many views. Why not use the bot money for something else?

Edited by jb-ist

Posted (edited)

Everglow’s views are so suspicious. Not much buzz about the song, likes are low, but still so many views. Why not use the bot money for something else?

Actually they have a pretty big following. 2 of the girls are from Produce and made it far on the show. Plus they were on trending for a few days. A lot of people were anticipating the comeback, including me because I love Yiren! I've been watching the numbers rise and it seems organic to me 

Edited by Saweettooth

Posted

I love NCT, I really do but SM really needs to make Ty track and m0rk take a backseat, they’re the beginning, chorus, and ending like pls give them a break and let other people shine. Taeil, Doyoung, and Jaehyun are power vocals, let them sing more. #JUSTICE FOR WINWIN. Johnny&Jaehyun can rap. Yuta (bless his short soul) can sing and rap, and Jungwoo could hold a note, rap, sing and still be the most adorable cr*ckhead I’ve seen. There’s too many members to go through, but there’s more than Taeyong and Mark

i have been saying this for agessssss. taeil is my favorite nct member and he gets paid dust time after time. i know he's a little shy/awkward for variety shows and stuff but boy can SING. my fav nct song is still nct u's without you for this reason lol. with tvxq being more tour focused, shinee having to enlist/getting older, and exo being a larger group, i would have loved for sm's next bg to be a small, vocals focused group. it makes me sad that they didn't go that way and now don't even give the singers they do have much to do.

Posted

Actually they have a pretty big following. 2 of the girls are from Produce and made it far on the show. Plus they were on trending for a few days. A lot of people were anticipating the comeback, including me because I love Yiren! I've been watching the numbers rise and it seems organic to me 

I just think it’s weird cause other groups have the same amount of hype or are in the same circumstances but don’t do Twice numbers like they’re doing.

Posted

I just think it’s weird cause other groups have the same amount of hype or are in the same circumstances but don’t do Twice numbers like they’re doing.

How's 33M in 3 days 'Twice numbers'? TWICE gets that on a day...

Posted

How's 33M in 3 days 'Twice numbers'? TWICE gets that on a day...

Twice numbers is a synonym for high numbers  in my post

Posted

Twice numbers is a synonym for high numbers  in my post

I mean its not even that high and they have almost 1M likes...which is a lot for the views they have 

Posted

-Fancy was TWICE's best song.

-LOONA is a bit overrated.

-BTS music is getting worse.

-2NE1 is the best group to come out of YG.

-Solo by JENNIE is overrated.

-(G)I-DLE and Dreamcatcher are underrated.

Posted

-Fancy was TWICE's best song.

-LOONA is a bit overrated.

-BTS music is getting worse.

-2NE1 is the best group to come out of YG.

-Solo by JENNIE is overrated.

-(G)I-DLE and Dreamcatcher are underrated.

agree with almost all of this except the part about loona. some of their solo and pre-debut work are my favorite kpop songs of all time in terms of production, but i thought that their debut was underwhelming.

solo is gashina for straight people

Posted (edited)

- i like umpah umpah

- joy’s the prettiest out of red velvet 

- yeji kinda looks like suga in a wig

- 80% of idols lack stage presence

- nayeon doesn’t look that young 

- i don't hear the similarities between adios and ktl it sounds more like albatross to me

Edited by leonheart

Posted

this has probably been said a million times but i kind of feel like bts' music isn't like it used to be. also the music videos just,,, are different. i ended up unstanning them because i disliked almost the entirety of MOTS :/