• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8613 posts in this topic

Posted

People who bitch about YG being bad but then support SM are clowns

Also, I miss Halyu era because it was imo the best era of Kpop. This recent wave of Kpop isnt it. I honestly don't like 95% of the mainstream groups and a lot of horny crazy hardcore teenage 'stans' make it unbearable to keep liking the fandom openly but I get shit on by new Kpop fans for being 'An Oldie' because I prefer the 2007-2014 era of Kpop or im in Multi-Fandom.

I feel all of this. They also act like your opinion is all because of rose colored glasses, but no. Yeah, there was obnoxious fans and other shenanigans, but it was less intense and less expectations. 

Posted

I feel all of this. They also act like your opinion is all because of rose colored glasses, but no. Yeah, there was obnoxious fans and other shenanigans, but it was less intense and less expectations. 

Most people I met back then were very chill and cool with your opinion and a ton were also Multi-fandoms, the bad fans were not as common or were very much a small group of people that people ignored but it seems now its E V E R Y W H E R E. 

Posted

Does anyone find it weird for bighit to produce a drama project based on the bts members’ lives themselves??? 😂

I’ve lived long enough in the kpop scene but has never heard of something like this before 🤦🏻‍♀️

Posted

Does anyone find it weird for bighit to produce a drama project based on the bts members’ lives themselves??? 😂

I’ve lived long enough in the kpop scene but has never heard of something like this before 🤦🏻‍♀️

bighit milking the only cow they have, it's expected

Posted (edited)

I think it’s weird bighit debuted txt almost six months ago yet they’re still shoving cameras in bts face 24/7 and have been working them to the bone for years and pumping out so much content to the point of them discussing disbandment yet txt has barely done anything... what was the point of debuting them if they’re not going to do anything and take over for bts for awhile so they can rest lol

Also bh is apparently buying gfriend or something? Or transferring them to their company?

Edited by b71

Posted

It's pretty popular thing atm for mexican/latin artist to get one, but they usually wait until they are dead or pretty far into their career (like over idk how many decades of working). There has been a few movies recently about western arsits (Elton John one, Bohemian mostly focused on Freddy, and the Elvis one that is either in the making or on the way idk). It seemed like a normal thing, but now that you mention I never thought that it would be seen as weird in Eastern Asia.

My only complain is that they are doing it "too early," I say they should have waited a couple of years, but idk. 

Posted (edited)

shoving cameras in bts face 24/7 and have been working them to the bone for years and pumping out so much content to the point of them discussing disbandment 

I wonder is that why jungkook has aged so much,? I remember him looking the healthiest out of all the members but lately he looks so tired and he lost all of his face fat(which looked good on him).

Edited by hfeuwh146

Posted

2015 was the last good year for kpop music wise

Posted

I think it’s weird bighit debuted txt almost six months ago yet they’re still shoving cameras in bts face 24/7 and have been working them to the bone for years and pumping out so much content to the point of them discussing disbandment yet txt has barely done anything... what was the point of debuting them if they’re not going to do anything and take over for bts for awhile so they can rest lol

Also bh is apparently buying gfriend or something? Or transferring them to their company?

Txt gets to get their comeback postponed when they have pink eye issues but a bts member has chronic back issues for years and still gets forced to perform. I get that they’re younger but... 

Posted (edited)

I think CL’s more evidently copying Rihanna’s style nowadays, especially since they have both gained weight the past year and retained it. I’m talking about the oversized fenty blazer dress thing with the sleek low ponytail. I know it’s quite a common style lately but i think it’s just what popped into my head since their weight fluctuations are right at the same time. It’s like CL and her stylist are as clueless as Rih when it comes to dressing a curvier body. And add that to the fact that CL might be shying away from Rih’s more daring outfits since she knows she’ll get crap comment from knetz about it.

That doesn't make sense, Rihanna dresses appropriately for her and all her outfits look bomb on her she knows exactly how to dress for her body type. But CL stylist I highly doubt knows how to dress a curvier thicker woman because they don't deal with those types in the SK entertainment scene. 

Edited by 00000000000

Posted (edited)

this is kind of dumb and idk if anybody mentioned it yet, but does anybody else think everglow's 'adios' sounds like it could be a blackpink song?

dont get me wrong, i like the song, but it reminds me slightly of kill this love or something

Edited by zooe
typo

Posted

theyre gonna take it easy on txt until bts heads off to the military. then get ready for txt (and possibly gfriend) to be over worked and filmed 24/7. 

they didnt necessarily buy gfriend, but they kinda merged companies so the company that owns gfriend is a bighit subsidiary now. gfriend is not directly under bighit. 

Txt gets to get their comeback postponed when they have pink eye issues but a bts member has chronic back issues for years and still gets forced to perform. I get that they’re younger but... 

pretty much everyone in bts has some sort of chronic pain issue at this point (and when it flares up they're usually not allowed to perform and they get treated immediately so idk which incident you're referring to specifically) but they were still never allowed breaks and comeback rescheduling because of it to my knowledge. its definitely shady 

this is kind of dumb and idk if anybody mentioned it yet, but does anybody else think everglow's 'adios' sounds like it could be a blackpink song?

dont get me wrong, i like the song, but it reminds me slightly of kill this love or something

yep, pretty much the most common critique alongside "thats not how you pronounce au revoir" 

Posted (edited)

imagine not being in your 30's yet but already having chronic pain. Their 60's are gonna be tough.

at this point i just skim pass any bts related news all the games and unnecessary movies are tiring at this point 

Edited by Lonleymisfits

Posted

2015 was the last good year for kpop music wise

ngl 2014 was that year for me ngl, some 2015 songs were a bop but this aint it now

Posted

I thought nothing could be as weird as Zimzalabim but fr... Umpah Umpah is not it. I’m dying of heat and with the realisation that school has started (for me at least) I’m not in the mood to hear umpah umpah~ SM has Shitty Timing as usual, shoulda released this when they released ZZB, at least people could have listened during the summer and bop bop in the sun b4 school started, there’s literally nothing but back to school commercials, I don’t wanna see Seulgi get struck by lightning

I love NCT, I really do but SM really needs to make Ty track and m0rk take a backseat, they’re the beginning, chorus, and ending like pls give them a break and let other people shine. Taeil, Doyoung, and Jaehyun are power vocals, let them sing more. #JUSTICE FOR WINWIN. Johnny&Jaehyun can rap. Yuta (bless his short soul) can sing and rap, and Jungwoo could hold a note, rap, sing and still be the most adorable cr*ckhead I’ve seen. There’s too many members to go through, but there’s more than Taeyong and Mark

I don’t really like Itzy’s ICY it’s like they’re trying too hard to be Western and hip, but the kpop this year even from groups i like just haven’t been it (NCT Superhuman had to grow on me, RV’s ZZB & Umpah Umpah are weird srry, SVT Hit is ok but I miss 아주 Nice and Oh My! Itzy,,, um anyways, Stray Kids Side Effects was ok in the beginning until I heard meORI!APEU!DA!!) Can the Kpop companies buy the music\beats from a different vendor because these songs aren’t all that good and they aren’t showcasing the members talent. 

Company stans need to GO SOMEWHERE pls kindly. SM is not better than YG or JYP. Arrange the companies in anyway you like but literally all of them have scandals that they buried and that also includes BigHit, please stop supporting companies and support your idol instead, y’all are gonna get your feelings hurt when you find out your lesser evil company is just as bad or worse than the company you thought was the greater evil. There’s pr**titution, a*use, and a lot of mental damage that happens to your faves behind the scene, I wouldn’t recommend you support their bosses who enforce and encourage this mistreatment