• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9440 posts in this topic

Posted

new everglow song is so generic and outdated. 

i hate everglow but bon bon chocolate had a more unique sound than adios

Posted (edited)

all mnet survival shows are super rigged, I watched season 1 and season 2? I had my suspicions for season 1(wow somi’s screentime)but the eliminations of Samuel and Jonghyun in season 2 confirmed it for me.  Unpretty Rapstar was also super rigged(who tf was rooting for Truedy lmao). 

Im surprised now people are throwing a fit because it was always pretty well known since even mamas seem so obviously rigged sometimes.  The most blatant example I can remember is exo being number one for best Asian style in 2017  , an award based solely on votes and the results being constantly shown, but the award still going to Someone else(I don’t remember who tho).

It went to BTS or W1

Edited by arinbunny

Posted

ppl who like khh rlly think they’re better than those who like kpop like we’re both stanning clowns baby the only difference is your favs are horrible racist people more openly and 90% of the time are smtm audition rejects

khh full of racist AND misogynistic people not to mention they're ugly unlike most idols 

its not just male khh artists who are shitty theres quite a few female khh artists who have internal misogyny and attack younger women. like, khh fans aren't better than anyone. 

Posted (edited)

new everglow song is so generic and outdated. 

i hate everglow but bon bon chocolate had a more unique sound than adios

Listen to the third song on the EP “You don’t know me”. It’s like another Buenos Aires. The mixing and production is terrible 

Umpah Umpah made me smile :). Loved the references to the old songs in the lyrics and loved the visuals as well. Thought I was gonna be disappointed so I’m surprised about how good it is! Definitely one of their best title tracks.

Edited by jb-ist

Posted

Everglow new song is such a disappointment its sounds like a demo version of kill this love and its making my ears bleed

Umpah umpah reminds me of that one disney song that you like but deep you hated it with passion. I kinda have like a mixed feelings about it 

Posted

Umpah umpah reminds me of that one disney song that you like but deep you hated it with passion. I kinda have like a mixed feelings about it 

It sounds like a High School musical song, but strangely I like it. Not to 100 percent, but I am really picky 

Posted

Everglow new song is such a disappointment its sounds like a demo version of kill this love and its making my ears bleed

Damn I liked both :( 

Posted

Umpah Umpah is sung at a range audible to humans & not just dogs and has a melodic chorus (both of which cannot be said for Power Up - my goodness I hate that song). Kinda sounds like it could be an old snsd b-side or something 

It’s actually a decent song but just kinda...forgettable? I still don’t know how I feel about zimzalabim but it is at least memorable. I should stop waiting for the next Red Flavour bc I don’t think it’s possible lol

It does sound like discount kill this love lol but I like it anyway 😅

apart from the pre-chorus which doesn’t seem to fit with any other part of the song. The verses are great imo and I like the beat in the chorus but the bit in between ruins the build up and sounds like they dragged it in from another song or something

Posted

khh full of racist AND misogynistic people not to mention they're ugly unlike most idols

nah, difference is idols wear tons of makeup whilst khh artists don’t. Most of them ain’t that good looking either 

Posted

Excuse me? I don't like Adios either but at least it had the actual power Kill this Love was completely lacking. Both disappointments though. Also Onda is kinda ugly. 

People need to honestly stop whining about line distributions. It's just so annoying and not like they genuinely care anyway. You can have a song in which a girl A has like 1 line or something, but you don't hear anyone complain about girl B who had just 2 lmao. Ya'll don't even give a fuck anyway. 

Is it just me or has Wendy been looking kind of weird lately? I can't really put my finger on it, something about her eyes. 

Posted (edited)

Damn I liked both :( 

me too

i felt Adios sounded better than KTL, the hook carried more power... the instrumental in general felt more cohesive and better on my ears.. where KTL lacked except maybe in rearranged versions…

Edited by poohbear

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or has Wendy been looking kind of weird lately? I can't really put my finger on it, something about her eyes. 

Yeah, I kinda noticed that too. She's looking very pretty in the teaser pictures, but I don't know if her creases are deeper or maybe she's had aegyo sal fillers, the point is that her eyes are different. Tbh, I think she has done something to her nose as well after Red Flavor; back then, it used to stick out like a sore thumb (her nose was looking very big and wide for such a small face after her jaw shave), now it looks a lot smaller and narrower.

I hate to sound mean, but every Red Velvet comeback after Wendy's jaw surgery has been a game of "spot what else is different about her". It's the bad side of plastic surgery, once you start, you can't stop because you messed up your natural proportions. You just keep fixing one thing and then unbalancing something else.

Edited by saerosade
Typo

Posted

Can we just a take a moment to appreciate how smart Ever Glows fandom name is which is For. Ever. The conitations around it with the whole with our fans we can for ever glow is something im loving and makes me wish I did like their music so i can be come a For. Ever. 

Posted (edited)

Sad to say but Red Velvet’s music has just become more generic and weirder (not in a good way) over the years. And why another comeback so soon? Perhaps the reviews for Zimzilabim were really that bad...

Edited by staycalmdouche

Posted (edited)

Sad to say but Red Velvet’s music has just become more generic and weirder (not in a good way) over the years. And why another comeback so soon? Perhaps the reviews for Zimzilabim were really that bad...

The continuous comebacks is meant to make the whole Festival series go on. Day 1 to Day 2. It’s kinda like that one thing that Shinee did with their recent “Story of Light” series of minis.

Edited by jb-ist