• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8614 posts in this topic

Posted

Didn't Sulli actually only wanted to be an actress? And didn't SM tell her to debut as an idol? And wasn't she a child actress? I remember hearing something like this. Not to defend her, but she didn't care about the idol thing and probably wanted to enerve them for pushing her into it. Of course it is not fair for the other members. She doesn't seem to be 100 percent sane and being repeatly told that she is worse than her members took away any motivation she even had to begin. She still should have put more work in it and in the end she actually left, which is better than her sticking to a group she doesn't want to be part of and f(x) profited from her leaving. But she should seriously change her work ethic, see a theraphist or leave the public life behind. She is too unstable and irresponsible right now and should have never been a celebrity. I think she would be way happier having a normal life and her morals would be probably way better. Her fans adoring her made her probably worse and more spoilt. I am honestly waiting for the next scandal of her and I don't mean it in a harmful way. Somehow she seems to me like she probably had a stage mother, which made her go crazy like those Disney kids, who have almost all gone crazy in one way or another

Posted

I remember the time she made fun of a dying eel was it? A bitch.

yes, it’s one of those weird insta posts she made. Actually, I care nothing about her posting weird stuff (cause many idols do that too) and I don’t follow her insta, but the fact that she argued back to the haters and aggressively replied to her comments section made me laugh. Really, I’ve never seen any idol who has lots of free time to respond back to their haters every time on their social media account. 😅

Posted (edited)

She obviously has serious mental health issues and this makes me sympathize with her. We don’t know what could’ve happen beyond closed doors but being a child idol that’s constantly in the spotlight and being hated on for breathing really gets to you when you’re so young. Shit, some kids go insane when someone looks at them the wrong way, it really does not surprise me that she turned out the way she did because of the job she had. Couple that with the image that was forced onto her (the cute innocent baby child who can do nothing wrong but also get sexualized by uncle fans even before she turned 18) made her act out and get into that dating scandal with that one guy and be outwardly sexual esp when she did that sex scene in that movie. Lots of people see her as a Feminist icon but I see her as a person who has serious mental issues and needs to get help right away. She’s an example of what happens when you’re rushed into the spotlight as a child.

I still like her alot and she’s not entirely at fault for being the way she is but I hope she gets a good therapist one day.

Edited by jb-ist

Posted

Didn't Sulli actually only wanted to be an actress? And didn't SM tell her to debut as an idol? And wasn't she a child actress? I remember hearing something like this. Not to defend her, but she didn't care about the idol thing and probably wanted to enerve them for pushing her into it. Of course it is not fair for the other members. She doesn't seem to be 100 percent sane and being repeatly told that she is worse than her members took away any motivation she even had to begin. She still should have put more work in it and in the end she actually left, which is better than her sticking to a group she doesn't want to be part of and f(x) profited from her leaving. But she should seriously change her work ethic, see a theraphist or leave the public life behind. She is too unstable and irresponsible right now and should have never been a celebrity. I think she would be way happier having a normal life and her morals would be probably way better. Her fans adoring her made her probably worse and more spoilt. I am honestly waiting for the next scandal of her and I don't mean it in a harmful way. Somehow she seems to me like she probably had a stage mother, which made her go crazy like those Disney kids, who have almost all gone crazy in one way or another

Yes and no, she was a child actress but after some time training, she thought that she had an interest in becoming an idol cause she likes performing (or dancing??) on stage. However after her dating news broke out, I think she didn’t have any interest left in her group and started half-assing her career so that she can pull out of f(x)’s activities. That was her slump period and SM finally made her quit. Now when she got nothing left (not doing any acting projects atm), she started to miss performing again so that’s why she released her first solo song, ‘Goblin’ months ago. And I do agree with the rest of your opinion 100%. 

She’s an example of what happens when you’re rushed into the spotlight as a child.

I still like her alot and she’s not entirely at fault for being the way she is but I hope she gets a good therapist one day.

Yes, you’re right. And here I’m hoping that my favourite child actresses from korean dramas I’ve watched won’t go astray so far in the future and to always remember their roots. 

I also think that training to become a celebrity at such a young age would have huge impact on the children’s development socially and mentally. Some of the examples from kpop that I could say is iKON and Big Bang. As much as I love YG’s groups, I just gotta admit this. 😔 (and iKON members also admitted it as well)

Posted

I know were not really supposed to talk about what idols/celebs think about the situation in Hongkong here anymore but it is tangential to that.

jackson being so defensive with his “i’m chinese” comment after a fan greeted him with “annyeonghaseyo” is really rubbing me the wrong way. I mean his tone was quite calm, joking even, when he said that but really? That’s the first thing that popped into his head when he was greeted? Whatever his political views are not ours to deal with BUT COME ON YOU’RE PART OF A KPOP GROUP, ofcourse people (read: non-fans) will assume that they’re supposed to greet you in Korean, you know, what the K in kpop stands for. Especially if it’s just a casual fan of the group and doesn’t know better that there are members with different nationalities. Like i’d probably get his reaction if he was asked about his political stance BUT REALLY??? ANNYEONGHASEYO AND YOU GET DEFENSIVE ABOUT YOUR NATIONALITY?????

/endrant

(had to rant after reading this post: https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2019/08/theqoo-reaction-when-fan-said.html?m=1)

Posted

When kpop fans (aka blinks) taking it to the next level :

https://youtu.be/wFoyluM6xcM

They are so extra lmao 😂

holy shit, she has 0 stage presence.....

Posted

to clarify that video, it was taken months ago when he went to milan for a fashion week. It was before all this stuff with Hong Kong got even worse than it already was at the time and some italian fan who speaks English came up to him and said annyeong. I mean think about it this way, if you were Chinese would you want someone coming up to you and saying konichiwa to you? Or if you were Japanese, would you want someone coming up and saying ni hao to you? Obviously not. I get that he’s in a kpop band and knows korean but it’s pretty dumb for the fan to come up and say annyeong when they both know English and she knows he isn’t Korean...  it’s like koreaboo activity and it’s embarrassing. I think that person even said xiexie at the end of that video.

Posted

rv's photos for the new cb are boring as fuck. the songs seem bland as well. as a rv stan, im really disappointed (but still praying to god the song and mv won't be like power up)

Posted (edited)

rv's photos for the new cb are boring as fuck. the songs seem bland as well. as a rv stan, im really disappointed (but still praying to god the song and mv won't be like power up)

The b sides are boring  as fuck too.. I dont understand why they have a comeback again.. When theynjust have a comeback recently now this ep sounds like rush and all over the place

Edited by Sab
Im just bored

Posted

to clarify that video, it was taken months ago when he went to milan for a fashion week. It was before all this stuff with Hong Kong got even worse than it already was at the time and some italian fan who speaks English came up to him and said annyeong. I mean think about it this way, if you were Chinese would you want someone coming up to you and saying konichiwa to you? Or if you were Japanese, would you want someone coming up and saying ni hao to you? Obviously not. I get that he’s in a kpop band and knows korean but it’s pretty dumb for the fan to come up and say annyeong when they both know English and she knows he isn’t Korean...  it’s like koreaboo activity and it’s embarrassing. I think that person even said xiexie at the end of that video.

whew. Thank you very much for the clarification. Your point on racist undertones gave me a whole new perspective on the matter. My feelings have changed about that post now.

1) the koreaboo behaviour is really shitty and really not funny on any account. I kinda blame stan twt memes for popularizing that kind of “humor”, if you can call it that

2) now i wanna know who is the dirtier rat: Pann, for purposely posting an article (that happened months ago) like that now, given the fact that Jackson has recently revealed where his political allegiance lies? OR is it Pann-Choa, for suddenly translating an article like that from few months ago and posting it now, knowing too well that she has discretion over what her content would be?

Posted

The person who posted the twitter post of the video is the one who’s most at fault in this situation. They’ve been going on a smear campaign for got7 for months and months now. They posted an out of context video knowing that he’s in hot water because of the whole HK thing so he could get hate. But this is the same account who tried to call out a member for scolding a fan for calling him fat and telling him to lose weight. Pannchoa is shitty for translating the article without knowing the context and the person who made the original Korean article is a cunt as well, so everyone here is in the wrong. 

Posted

I cant believe JYP is so money hungry that they are giving TWICE a cb without waiting for Mina to get better.

Posted (edited)

I cant believe JYP is so money hungry that they are giving TWICE a cb without waiting for Mina to get better.

I mean, lets be real: Twice (for the most part) is what is keeping the company afloat. It is unfortunate though but at least they are not going to force her to perform while she's in such condition.

Edited by strawberryfields

Posted

I mean, lets be real: Twice (for the most part) is what is keeping the company afloat. It is unfortunate though but at least they are not going to force her to perform while she's in such condition.

Yeah, but the group is pretty overworked anyway. 

Posted (edited)

ppl who like khh rlly think they’re better than those who like kpop like we’re both stanning clowns baby the only difference is your favs are horrible racist people more openly and 90% of the time are smtm audition rejects

Edited by b71