• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9293 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate Yutas hair and his hair stylist. 

Posted

As as SONE, I personally enjoyed her songs. However as I said before in the comment section before, I have a lot of doubts about Tiffany being an Asian-American artist in the West because she's an Asian and not everyone is welcome and I agree that her fans are SONEs and not new fans who just discovered her. As for the songs, she said (I think) that her choice of songs are based on her music taste. I remember that Tiffany said in Unnies' Slamdunk that she's a poster girl meaning she like something mainstream or popular. I hope I can make-up your mind when it comes to that. As for her hair color, she looks like a white person to the point there are some people in the YT comment section commenting that she looks like a foreigner which I think that Tiffany doesn't implying she's trying to be white.

I like/find most of her songs okay, but I wouldn't search them up, because most of them are forgettable. I personally love mainstream pop music, but her autotune effects on a lot of songs (to the point you have problems to understand it) is too much. I know she likes that kind of music, but she also likes music like the one in her first album and it fitted her so much more and not a lot of people make this kind of music. She should have continued with it for a few years and then change it, if she would want to after having more fans. There are too much mainstream pop singers in the U.S. so she is replacable to the listener and when people think "oh it is a weird K-Pop mv in english" because of almost only having Asian dancers/actors then they are just turned off. If she wants to have success as an Asian, she would have to use people with other skin colours too or else she is just targeting Asians, K-Pop fans and Koreaboos and that's not enough to be known in the U.S. I to be honest don't think she looks white, but I do think she doesn't want to seem so much Asian. I actually wonder why she doesn't change that korean make up style too to fit in better. Also doesn't Tiffany like Hip Hop too? Why doesn't she make a song with a rap part? Rap music is popular and she seems to like it too and with this (if it would be a non-asian rapper) she would have diversity too

Posted

i cant help but side-eye when kpop fans keep calling their idols 'gay' until they date someone from the opposite sex, so now theyre suddenly 'straight'. it's like the ONLY sexualities they know are gay and straight. like...they could be bi? or something else? as a bi person it kinda baffles me but what do i expect from kpop stans.. 

I don't understand the obsession with idol's sexualities anyways, especially the obsession with everyone being gay. Of course, gay and bisexual people exist, so there are certainly idols who are gay or bisexual. That being said, most people are straight... Not because being straight is better, just because that's how nature is. I don't believe more than maybe 10% of the world's population is gay. 

So why do I see so many fans insisting EVERYONE in Twice is gay, except Jihyo? They do it with plenty of other male or female kpop groups too. Sure, if it's a 5-9 person group, one or two of them might be gay or bi, but everyone

A lot of people probably do it just to sexualize idols, because to them, a group of 5+ guys/girls who are in a gay relationship with each other sounds really steamy and hot. But I wish people would just leave idols alone... Their sexuality is none of our business, and we don't need to speculate on it until they decide to go public with a relationship someday. Even if there are videos of them kissing or hugging group members, we don't know whether that's them expressing affection, trying to show off to their fans, or actually being in a relationship together. 

Posted

kun looks cute with his new hair

c281f5f3-c190-4eb5-a448-d950d97075de.jpg

Posted

Why do so many idols get cold sores, styes and eye infections? I've never seen so many eye patches and cold sores in my life on non idols lol. I get they are over worked, get sick etc but damn so many eye infections it's nuts. 

Posted

Why do so many idols get cold sores, styes and eye infections? I've never seen so many eye patches and cold sores in my life on non idols lol. I get they are over worked, get sick etc but damn so many eye infections it's nuts. 

Probably improper makeup artist practice

Posted

I really think that sometimes they hire these people off the street to do their makeup cause their makeup is truly abysmal sometimes and due to the styes and skin infections that happen constantly.

Posted (edited)

it makes me wonder how many idols "happen to" share a tube of mascara or a stick of eyeliner. i mean, i doubt they would share those products without sanitation, but how else do idols get styes / pink eye frequently?

edit: i know this isn't kpop related but is doing the 10 step korean skincare routine worth it?

edit: i forgot to mention that you can’t even share mascara with someone that is unless you want pink eye

Edited by daydreamers
just curious

Posted

I used to love NCT but I hate their concept so much. I can’t listen to their music like I used to.

Posted

_______ talented

_______ handsome

_______ cutie

_______ skilled

_______ sexy,

etc. tweets are really cringy, how do i even block that shit.

Posted

that plus wearing lenses too long too maybe? i mean, in combo with makeup 

it makes me wonder how many idols "happen to" share a tube of mascara or a stick of eyeliner. i mean, i doubt they would share those products without sanitation, but how else do idols get styes / pink eye frequently?

edit: i know this isn't kpop related but is doing the 10 step korean skincare routine worth it?

i personally havent noticed much difference myself tbh

Posted (edited)

I don't understand the obsession with idol's sexualities anyways, especially the obsession with everyone being gay. Of course, gay and bisexual people exist, so there are certainly idols who are gay or bisexual. That being said, most people are straight... Not because being straight is better, just because that's how nature is. I don't believe more than maybe 10% of the world's population is gay. 

So why do I see so many fans insisting EVERYONE in Twice is gay, except Jihyo? They do it with plenty of other male or female kpop groups too. Sure, if it's a 5-9 person group, one or two of them might be gay or bi, but everyone

A lot of people probably do it just to sexualize idols, because to them, a group of 5+ guys/girls who are in a gay relationship with each other sounds really steamy and hot. But I wish people would just leave idols alone... Their sexuality is none of our business, and we don't need to speculate on it until they decide to go public with a relationship someday. Even if there are videos of them kissing or hugging group members, we don't know whether that's them expressing affection, trying to show off to their fans, or actually being in a relationship together. 

can i just say these people arent always lgbt friendly irl either? i swear i saw a kpop stan saying theyre against lgbt rights but are ok fetishizing their "gay oppas" like...aight 

and even if a kpop idol seems to live in a glass closet, its never right to force them out of it. thats THEIR business. 

Edited by b0nb0n
why do i keep forgetting to add things?

Posted (edited)

_______ talented

_______ handsome

_______ cutie

_______ skilled

_______ sexy,

etc. tweets are really cringy, how do i even block that shit.

you can mute words and phrases under settings > privacy and safety. gather the adjectives you find to be most common in those 'clear the searches' posts and put them all into one mute box. posts containing those words wont show up anymore, but you'll still see variations with different words here and there probably. 

Edited by Ayyy_1ma0

Posted (edited)

IMG_20190813_080252.thumb.png.59fb88a4d9IMG_20190813_080330.thumb.png.ed2ffd7a24Found these gems on tumblr just now... maybe if kpop fans stopped with the mentality of "KpOp Is So MuCh bEtTeR tHaN wEsTeRn PoP" they wouldn't be as obnoxious. Not at how there's shit tons people who work on the "deep lyrics" and choreographies that do not get credited enough. It's manufactured music... Listening to it does not make you superior to any other human being.. Jesus.
Edited by strawberryfields

Posted (edited)

a lot of LGBT fans love to project their sexuality on their faves and then feel betrayed when they find out that their fave is straight lol Some say they do it because there's a lack of representation in kpop but I'd like to know why they're looking for LGBTQ rep from Korean music in the first place. And if that were true, how come nearly no one stans Holland? A lot of them also aren't aware that 90% of all the kissing and groping and hugging is just queerbait fanservice and take it as 100% proof that their faves are in a secret relationship...

ultimately though it's really none of our business who these idols are fucking, especially in a social climate like theirs that can cause them to suffer serious consequences if outed

Edited by Retired Shinobi