• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9442 posts in this topic

Posted

kidz bop released a cover of boy in luv LOL

You forgot to mention that it was good also. 

I didn't care for the woah woah woah parts but I would have to blame the original song for that.

Bts who??? Bangtan who???? Sorry, I only listen to kidz bop!

Posted

651D436B-1D67-475D-99AE-A48DABA00EC0.thu

Internet fights should not be this serious to you. Literally what the fuck is this.

Posted (edited)

French Montana really isn’t shit..... should’ve just had CK rap instead 

https://twitter.com/peachyjinyoung/status/1159633621679869952?s=21

honestly I’m not even surprised, he saw  the verse as a quick buck 

this isn’t even just unprofessional, just straight up disrespectful.

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted (edited)

They rejected it cause they want EXO to die out so their fans will go to NCT, but thats not happening, they are trying really hard lmao

they rejected it bc exo were/are(?) the faces of nature republic and apparently the two brands are competitors.

i can't take 2nd gen stans seriously when they blabber about how 2nd gen music is much better than the gens that followed. shut your mouth and listen to your outdated-sounding crusty ass songs quietly, monica. we don't care.

Edited by pepe

Posted

Jay Park looks like my lesbian aunt. 

Posted

- speaking of joshua, i don't like most eye makeup done on him;;

Yass true! But tbh I don’t like 99% of eye makeup on male idols. But I’d understand that it’s because they want to leave strong impression on stage. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted

I don’t really like most of Taemin’s music. A lot of it sounds the same to me. He’s talented for sure but I always feel like he’s being overpraised as gods gift to music and i just..don’t see it?

Posted

they rejected it bc exo were/are(?) the faces of nature republic and apparently the two brands are competitors.

i can't take 2nd gen stans seriously when they blabber about how 2nd gen music is much better than the gens that followed. shut your mouth and listen to your outdated-sounding crusty ass songs quietly, monica. we don't care.

Nah, more than one idol has promoted more than one makeup line at the time, NR is no rival for Fenty

Posted

Nah, more than one idol has promoted more than one makeup line at the time, NR is no rival for Fenty

I believe Exo’s contract with NR is exclusive? Iirc

Posted

Joshua is THE visual of Seventeen. No other contenders.

A hundred times yes. His overall visual is pleasing and unique

Posted (edited)

I don’t really like most of Taemin’s music. A lot of it sounds the same to me. He’s talented for sure but I always feel like he’s being overpraised as gods gift to music and i just..don’t see it?

it definitely feels like every song is subtly trying to be the "next Move" but never quite gets there. hes still very talented and visually his concepts are quite interesting imo but at some point it all started feeling like variations of the same theme. hopefully this supergroup thing breaks him out of that a bit

Edited by Ayyy_1ma0

Posted

So I was sorting through one of my hard drives when I came across this. And honestly, I don't think you'll ever find anything that has aged as badly as this has. 

received_350467802571702.png

Posted (edited)

This is not about kpop but khiphop is beyond cringy and I can’t help but have prejudice towards khiphop fans because the korean ones consist of either former iljins, misogynistic ilbe members or both. Whenever someone criticizes a korean rapper’s violently misogynistic lyrics the fans will attack them saying “you don’t know anything about hiphop!!111” when their own knowledge of hiphop never exceeds khiphop and mainstream rappers like kanye, lil uzi and carti. They don’t even know the origin of hiphop and will unironically call eminem the best rapper LOL. I will never be able to take middle class korean rappers rapping about west side and using gang lingo in their songs unknowingly when they haven’t ever stepped in the US seriously. Scream drrr bang bang all you want you’re nothing more than a misogynistic ilbe bug and your fans are about as bad. 

Im so ashamed of khiphop as a korean all I can do is cringe whenever I see korean rappers wear grills and use durags on their straight hair or get dreads and use toy guns in their embarrassing mvs. 

Same. It's like I cringed so fucking hard when Mino said he loved Eminem, Kendrick, Kanye and some other rappers and then said ya TRAP MUSIC! And mino is my second ult bias but I couldn't with him. I'm so annoyed when they say they like trap music but have no clue what it actually is and the origins of it. 

Also

I tried listening to Loona because I did like butterfly but I can't listen to it the whole way through bc their singing makes my ears bleed. 

Edited by Bitch I'm y/n

Posted

Regarding the SM supergroup: ain't nobody got time for that (just kidding, I'm probably gonna give the MV a watch because if there's Kai in it, I'm in). On a serious note, though, I don't think this is going to work out; as someone said already, they put together everyone who hogged the spotlight in their respective groups; line and center distribution is going to be hell. It does make me think of how smartly companies arrange groups, though: every group has a couple members who shine and a few others who are just there, you know, filling up the space; very rarely a group has more than one outstanding member in either dancing or singing or whatever.

And speaking of distribution, God, Red Velvet has the shittiest center distribution I've seen in awhile. Irene and Seulgi are at the center 99% of the time in every choreography, with the ocasional appearance of Joy. It would make sense if Wendy and Yeri were bad dancers, which they absolutely aren't, and considering Wendy's the main vocal, I don't get why she's always so far behind at all times.