• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7340 posts in this topic

Posted

Main dancers are pretty useless in a group. Most if not all members are decent dancers and through the whole camera focus on the face the viewer can't even see the moves a lot. They shouldn't be in a group, if they can't even sing or are "visual material" because as much as people deny it K-Pop is also about visuals and visuals also draw fans in. I don't like that but it is like that, so...

Posted

Itzy really is just good at making songs that you hate at first but really start to love later

My ranking for this mini is:

Cherry > > Icy = It’z Summer for now....  The remixes..... The Dalla Dalla one is good actually but the Want it one ....

I love Cherry even more than I did when I first heard it in the album trailer. Icy is catchy even though I hate that dancebreak part and don’t really like the singing in the prechorus. It’z Summer is kinda weird... but I feel like it would’ve been a cool title track as well since it fits the summer concept.... but I don’t like the empty chorus that much.

Posted

I will repeat what i said before about Itzy. I see their potential and will always give them a chance for now. I mean come on, they’re probably the first rookie group i’ve seen/exposed to who can expertly balance that “confidence in cuteness” energy as opposed to the “helpless woodland creature” energy, you know what i’m saying?

BUT HERE’S THE THING.

My issue with Itzy as a girl-group brand is not with the girls, but it lies with their songs. Every song they have released thus far all sound more or less like the same song, just different iterations. It’s like we’ve had three debut songs over the span of several months. It’s almost like their higher-ups all can’t decide which song the girls will debut with so they decided to release all instead against a large budget for the MVs. Not that it’s super bad, it’s just...you know what i have a feeling all parts of the songs can be made into a boss-level frankensong. And maybe that is their actual goal

COME ON ITZY I REALLY WANT TO ROOT FOR YOU BUT YOUR SONGS ARE MAKING IT HARD FOR ME OKAY

Posted

I mean you can’t really force yourself to like their music, so don’t stress out over it. There’s tons of groups out there that you can get into especially with the oversaturation and also you can just bias the members if you really really want to and support them outside of their music once they start showing up on variety shows.

Posted (edited)

kpoppies, if you have to listen to a song 15 times to finally like it, that song isnt good

Screenshot_20190730_000001.jpg

// yeji should be the center of itzy instead of ryujin

Edited by nayun
spelt ryujin wrong

Posted

// yeji should be the center of itzy instead of ryujin

You know I genuinely forgot Ryujin was even center lol. That's how much Yeji shines in performances

Posted

Damn I knew kpop stan twitter was crazy, but never to the point that you'd get cancelled for deleting a viral fancam lmao.

Posted (edited)

Coming from an nct stan who can't stand nct dream bc their so young and the cute concept , I actually really like 'Boom'. I like their new mature route. They are growing men and maturing. They can't stay with that cute concept forever.

Also I think the whole nct manager thing is blown up except for in Renjuns case. Who actually has proof she touched Jeno inappropriately? Just because she was close to their oppa with the umbrella that's considered to be pedophile tendencys?

Hidden Content

Here's a really weird minor thing but did Takuya (ex cross gene) really get rid of his mole? It really seems like it. I thought he was okay with it and honestly it was cute, like a beauty mark. :( 

I noticed that too! Esp in his new vlogs. Either way he's still the cutest. 

Edited by Bitch I'm y/n

Posted

Damn I knew kpop stan twitter was crazy, but never to the point that you'd get cancelled for deleting a viral fancam lmao.

Canceled for liking Exo too

Posted (edited)

im pretty sure they got canceled for lying about being hacked and then acting like they pulled one over on everyone, and also deleting a fancam that was actually helping fancy spread on twitter solely bc a certain fandom was using it, as well as then bringing in exo (which is honestly the dumbest reason ever but we know how twt works 🙄) 

Edited by Ayyy_1ma0
typo

Posted

You know I genuinely forgot Ryujin was even center lol. That's how much Yeji shines in performances

Yuna or Yeji should be the centers, Ryujin is boring to look at.

Just how bad are Itzy's vocals? I remember Lia being the only main vocal doing playback while the rest were singing but damn, the high notes on Icy are bad even in the studio ver.

Posted

I loved Ryujin on MixNine and she was the reason I paid attention to Itzy in the first place but I barely noticed her in Dalla dalla and even in Icy she’s seriously overshadowed. Did she just have really favourable editing or something lol

Posted

Cherry shouldve their titled track that we all deserved 

Posted

Stan Fromis_9