• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7601 posts in this topic

Posted

My Unpopular Opinions:

• Most music videos that I've seen by BTS almost look like a less extreme version of PonPonPon's music video.
  • I'm sick of people identifying all Korean music as K-pop.
  • Most Vocaloid pop songs are better than most K-pop songs. Aesthetic wise and music wise.

so you've only seen dna, idol and boy with luv lmao 

Their older mvs used be so well done and interesting to watch like run, i need u, and the wings short films but now it's just "lets throw them in designer clothes and have them dance in front of an ugly ass technicolor background with terrible cgi" 

Posted

thoughts on nct dream's new comeback? i kinda liked it, though i cringed at jaemin's / jeno's ''rap''. also, is it just me or donghyuck / haechan sounds a lot like jonghyun in some parts? i have a feeling this song must have been a shinee reject as well.

just listened to it and I feel like the song sounds too mature in a way for their “teenage” concept? I don’t really think it fits their concept/image well at all. Like I guess they’re all older now, but then shouldn’t new younger people be added in...

and why they had to go and put cornrows on poor chenle smh

Posted

- popsicle slaps and the girls did really well with the song, pronounciation and the dancing was on par with most kpop rookie groups 

- after watching the entire show, i can safely say most of the girls on uhsn aren't koreaboos but won't deny that there definitely are some. some of the girls are super intelligent and quite educated on korean culture and history and are willing to learn more (e.g. livia, luna, vlada, maria, olene) , its funny when people complain about the show they only show the parts where someone did something problematic (?) (the maria , sungwoon situation) but disregard the parts where the girls are actively learning about korean culture and showing enthusiasm towards stuff like history, which majority of kpop fans don't know or give a shit about

- ateez is one of the most overrated kpop groups in history, like why are they even so successful? their music sucks and their visuals aren't anything new. i understand the popularity internationally of BTS, blackpink and monsta x but cannot wrap my head around why ateez are so successful these days. i feel generally the same way about loona but will admit their predebut concept was very interesting and something never done before in kpop and they actually have some really good songs. 

- seeing the armies gas up namjoon's rap in seoul town road is actually laughable

- super frustrated about the ikon situation and feel really really bad for the other guys (jinhwan, donghyuk, yunhyeong, chan) as they hardly ever got the spotlight in the group because of hanbin and bobby and now their future is compromised because of that same person. i wouldn't be surprised if they are not friends or in contact with him anymore. that being said i do think the situation was handled wrong but drugs are a big no no in south korea, its not the west and fans need to stop pushing western standards on eastern cultures

Posted

so you've only seen dna, idol and boy with luv lmao 

Their older mvs used be so well done and interesting to watch like run, i need u, and the wings short films but now it's just "lets throw them in designer clothes and have them dance in front of an ugly ass technicolor background with terrible cgi" 

Yeah pretty much those. I probably will look at the other ones you've mentioned, though.

Posted

thoughts on nct dream's new comeback? i kinda liked it, though i cringed at jaemin's / jeno's ''rap''. also, is it just me or donghyuck / haechan sounds a lot like jonghyun in some parts? i have a feeling this song must have been a shinee reject as well.

idk why but it reminds me of we go up, i don't hate it but i don't love it. what i don't like is their choice of hairstyles.

Posted

idk why but it reminds me of we go up, i don't hate it but i don't love it. what i don't like is their choice of hairstyles.

afaik the director(?) of the mv is the one who did the cinematography for we go up as well.

Posted

I find Jenny’s attempts at thirst trapping on instagram really funny idk why. Like i can even hear her captions with her bland-ass no energy voice when speaking in English 😂

also heads up, we’re gonna get a boring (ok maybe not boring, but yknow BP House kind of entertainment) video/summer special of them in Hawaii. They were wearing mic packs in that one picture of Lisa showing off her henna tattoo

Posted

afaik the director(?) of the mv is the one who did the cinematography for we go up as well.

not the mv but the song itself. 

Posted

i luv bp and all but jisoo isn't a particularly good singer?? why do blinks think she sounds like a damn angel or something LOL her second part in ktl sounded strained and didn't do her any favors. the only one i would argue knows how to sing is rose and even she can be a big hit or miss. 

Posted

daesung was irresponsible for not background checking his tenants especially since he bought the building right when burning sun was starting to be uncovered and when top had his weed scandal. you'd think he'd be more careful and keep his hands clean but he didn't bother checking. 

anyways, i bet taeyang will be the next member with a major scandal. idk why i just feel like he's next on the media's chopping block. 

Posted

i luv bp and all but jisoo isn't a particularly good singer?? why do blinks think she sounds like a damn angel or something LOL her second part in ktl sounded strained and didn't do her any favors. the only one i would argue knows how to sing is rose and even she can be a big hit or miss. 

Neither is a good singer, Rosé's technique (she is my bias but Im going to be honest) sucks, Jisoo got in the group pretty late, she was supposed to be an actress, she did improve since the debut tho, Jennie has 0 energy and Lisa just sucks overall.

Posted (edited)

I think it’s safer to classify Jisoo just as someone who could carry a tune. Not good, not bad, just overall tolerable. Especially when she’s not doing BP style songs, her voice could be okay. Like in a school program, she could be classified as good. But nowhere near greatness when considering her chosen profession

rosé’s much suited for cafe songs. Like just the chilling, jamming type of tunes. Ones where she’s not obligated to scream or force to reach a higher note.

jennie and lisa, mehh. Both could carry tunes but not that tolerable to listen to. Lisa’s a little bit easier on the ears if she’s singing nonchalantly, like she’s not really trying to be good. Jennie, oh jennie. I hate it because she literally just mimics other singers’ voices to sing. I’ve probably heard atleast 4-5 voices that she produces in every song they do. I mean, atleast lisa’s consistently using the same voice

Edited by Mudslideshaker
spelling mistakes

Posted

I think it’s safer to classify Jisoo just as someone who could carry a tune. Not good, not bad, just overall tolerable. Especially when she’s not doing BP style songs, her voice could be okay. Like in a school program, she could be classified as good. But nowhere near greatness when considering her chosen profession

rosé’s much suited for cafe songs. Like just the chilling, jamming type of tunes. Ones where she’s not obligated to scream or force to reach a higher note.

jennie and lisa, mehh. Both could carry tunes but not that tolerable to listen to. Lisa’s a little bit easier on the ears if she’s singing nonchalantly, like she’s not really trying to be good. Jennie, oh jennie. I hate it because she literally just mimics other singers’ voices to sing. I’ve probably heard atleast 4-5 voices that she produces in every song they do. I mean, atleast lisa’s consistently using the same voice

Boy do I fucking agree with the point of Jennie mimicking other singers. The "Rum pu-pum pu-pum pum" in Kill this love was clearly an attempt at emulating Rihanna's voice when Rihanna sang the same line in her song "Man down".  

Posted (edited)

What do you guys think of Kang Daniel's solo debut?

Edited by I_am_NOT