• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7872 posts in this topic

Posted

Somi's Birthday choreography is worse than I thought. She really does not dance much and the dance moves make her seem like a hyper little girl. She often just stands at one place in the choreography, walks from one dancer to another (and points her finger at them), jumps not high at the same place and pushes out her hip. I only saw how bad it is in a fan cam. The chorus with the dance break gets looks rather ugly and turns rediculous the moment she stretches both of her arms up and goes to her right side

And the butt shaking is a no-go for me

Posted

*picsthatmakeyougohmmm voice* hmmm......

85BDDEE4-775F-4460-826F-0067E685CAF2.jpeg

Posted

Never thought I would say this but bighit is literally dragging with this stadium tour

Posted

*picsthatmakeyougohmmm voice* hmmm......

85BDDEE4-775F-4460-826F-0067E685CAF2.jpeg

funny how bts has that unicef campaign... also funnier that the leg is speak yourself which ... oh wait you can't do that in saudi arabia.

even nicki minaj (an overall problematic person) pulled out of her saudi concert.  

i guess money speaks louder than morals...

Posted

Lowkey feel the same, she honestly ruined his group and probably he will never success, but I still feel kinda bad.

She has been lossing weight since Boombayah non stop and they still justify it, even that channel that makes videos about idols losing weight says she is ok...girl she isnt.

She definitely lost a little weight but at most she lost 5 lbs. I don't know how well versed most people on this forum are with what is considered healthy for Asian body types vs other ethnicities but there is a difference and in recent years there has been more data and research on the subject. Basically due to differences in body composition Asians should be utilizing a separate BMI chart. Generally if you have someone who is of African descent or black, someone who is Caucasian and someone who is Asian of the same weight the black person will have more muscle and the Asian will be fattier. Due to the fact that Asian body types are fattier across BMIs the cutoff for obesity is actually 25 compared to 30 for a non Asian subject. The cutoff for being overweight and underweight is likewise lower and as a result Asians are healthier at a lower BMI than non Asians are.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03014460.2018.1445288

Here is a study for South Asian children in the Netherlands. THey conducted this study out of concern for childrens health issues arising from obesity. While i know LIsa is no longer a child she is only 22 years old and the cutoff age for the study was 20yo so i still think it applies to her. 

Personally i have the same body type as Lisa. Long narrow skeleton with wider shoulders and small hips. I am just as skinny and i never dieted or even paid attention to what i ate until i stopped working out (i used to dance) and i got soft and realized i should get back into shape. After that i realized i should eat more protein and noticed a result of building more muscle ( i dont get bulky i just get lean and toned) Because i danced and i have the same body type i know for sure she doesnt diet because it's not possible with such a busy schedule. I agree she lost weight and i dont think she looks good right now but i think it's a result of being overworked and not because she's trying to be unhealthy. I don't like my body type...ie...i prefer if i had more of a butt because yes my body looks like the recent video of Lisa. The only way i can get it is by targeted weight excercises to build muscle there while eating a lot of meat ( imean a lot....it wasn't easy to eat that volume) which is what i realized three years ago when i actually tried to build a butt. I'v'e since lost what i built because life issues means no exercise.

Anyway my point is if you don't have the same body type you will think she's being unhealthy on purpose. 

Posted

funny how bts has that unicef campaign... also funnier that the leg is speak yourself which ... oh wait you can't do that in saudi arabia.

even nicki minaj (an overall problematic person) pulled out of her saudi concert.  

It's even funnier that armys dragged blackpink for perfoming at Coachella bc the owner is homophobic and misogynistic but bts having a concert in a country where gay people are prosecuted and killed and is led by a fascist regime thats committing genocide on Yemeni people, the same people their unicef campaign is supposed to be helping( although UNICEF is corrupt asf anyway lol), is no big deal!! :)

They're also going to great lengths to hide the fact that the Saudi government actually paid them to come, and that it's not just an independent concert :) but they woke right?

Posted

extremely unpopular opinion: I dont think Eunhyuk is ugly.

Posted (edited)

seems like chungha has no choice but to get botox constantly bc her skin keeps sagging due to the jaw surgery she did before pd101

1559FECC-105F-44B4-B4B0-43C17DE8458E.jpeg

Edited by sk2

Posted

She definitely lost a little weight but at most she lost 5 lbs. I don't know how well versed most people on this forum are with what is considered healthy for Asian body types vs other ethnicities but there is a difference and in recent years there has been more data and research on the subject. Basically due to differences in body composition Asians should be utilizing a separate BMI chart. Generally if you have someone who is of African descent or black, someone who is Caucasian and someone who is Asian of the same weight the black person will have more muscle and the Asian will be fattier. Due to the fact that Asian body types are fattier across BMIs the cutoff for obesity is actually 25 compared to 30 for a non Asian subject. The cutoff for being overweight and underweight is likewise lower and as a result Asians are healthier at a lower BMI than non Asians are.

Here is a study for South Asian children in the Netherlands. THey conducted this study out of concern for childrens health issues arising from obesity. While i know LIsa is no longer a child she is only 22 years old and the cutoff age for the study was 20yo so i still think it applies to her. 

Personally i have the same body type as Lisa. Long narrow skeleton with wider shoulders and small hips. I am just as skinny and i never dieted or even paid attention to what i ate until i stopped working out (i used to dance) and i got soft and realized i should get back into shape. After that i realized i should eat more protein and noticed a result of building more muscle ( i dont get bulky i just get lean and toned) Because i danced and i have the same body type i know for sure she doesnt diet because it's not possible with such a busy schedule. I agree she lost weight and i dont think she looks good right now but i think it's a result of being overworked and not because she's trying to be unhealthy. I don't like my body type...ie...i prefer if i had more of a butt because yes my body looks like the recent video of Lisa. The only way i can get it is by targeted weight excercises to build muscle there while eating a lot of meat ( imean a lot....it wasn't easy to eat that volume) which is what i realized three years ago when i actually tried to build a butt. I'v'e since lost what i built because life issues means no exercise.

Anyway my point is if you don't have the same body type you will think she's being unhealthy on purpose. 

We never said she isn't naturally skinny, but there is a difference between that

_106438328_gettyimages-1136616057.thumb.

that

C6yd72BV0AADqBv.thumb.jpg.20e561336822be

and that 

superthumb_(5).thumb.jpg.90e164dcedb4da7

Posted (edited)

Personally i have the same body type as Lisa. Long narrow skeleton with wider shoulders and small hips. I am just as skinny and i never dieted or even paid attention to what i ate until i stopped working out (i used to dance) and i got soft and realized i should get back into shape. After that i realized i should eat more protein and noticed a result of building more muscle ( i dont get bulky i just get lean and toned) Because i danced and i have the same body type i know for sure she doesnt diet because it's not possible with such a busy schedule. I agree she lost weight and i dont think she looks good right now but i think it's a result of being overworked and not because she's trying to be unhealthy. I don't like my body type...ie...i prefer if i had more of a butt because yes my body looks like the recent video of Lisa. The only way i can get it is by targeted weight excercises to build muscle there while eating a lot of meat ( imean a lot....it wasn't easy to eat that volume) which is what i realized three years ago when i actually tried to build my a butt. I'v'e since lost what i built because life issues means no exercise.

asians have naturally lower BMIs but not drastically. Thai women have an average BMI of 19-23. Lisa is BMI 15. Being bone thin is actually uncommon in Asia. Everyone is different however there is a point in time where you can definitely tell if someone is physically unhealthy. 

Also, same body type =/= your bodies working the same. you can have the same body type but have different metabolisms, muscle mass, digest certain foods differently, etc. 

Edited by babybear

Posted

We never said she isn't naturally skinny, but there is a difference between that

Hidden Content

that

Hidden Content

and that 

Hidden Content

maybe I’m just bad at spotting stuff like this but I honestly can’t see much difference between the first and last pictures? You can see her ribs in both & I can’t see her arms to tell if they’re different.

Posted

maybe I’m just bad at spotting stuff like this but I honestly can’t see much difference between the first and last pictures? You can see her ribs in both & I can’t see her arms to tell if they’re different.

The first one and last one was to show the difference in the rib cages. The last one is worse than the first and the one in the middle shows that she isn't always that skinny and has a little bit of "fat". If your bones show so much like in the last photo then no matter what your body type is it isn't healthy. You can be really skinny without your rib cage showing so much

Posted

Y'all love to be woke only when it has bts' name attached to it. I guess money speaks louder than morals for super junior and stray kids as well, and all the other groups that performed at "problematic" places. 

Posted

Y'all love to be woke only when it has bts' name attached to it. I guess money speaks louder than morals for super junior and stray kids as well, and all the other groups that performed at "problematic" places. 

So because other groups are also problematic no one can criticize bts on its own?... sorry but I fail to see the logic.

It's a matter of being hypocritical.  They have a targeted message and a unifcef campaign that are at complete odds with everything Saudi Arabia is at the moment.  Last time I checked these two particularities applied to them only.

Posted

that rumor about some members of pristin are joining rania is dumb. i doubt they would join a company that treats their idols a lot worst than pledis.