• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6198 posts in this topic

Posted

I am so tired of the (wannabe) eccentric idols and artist. Reading Tchaikovsky, being wannabe art-collectors - the more bizarre the better, wearing "edgy" clothing, is not going to make you more of an artist. All of you have the same aesthetic... it's getting repetitive.

The default answer as to why idols and artists use drugs seems to be without fail, mental-health issues. I feel like that is such a cop-out answer, you are still going to get penalized for it, so just admit that you wanted to do drugs. The only reason why it bothers me is because of "my oppa only did drugs cause he was really desperate"... could be so, but for every single one that gets caught? I don't know about that. 

Well, I doubt there's any idol in SK without some kind of mental issue, that market is the worst shit ever. 

Posted

Somi's debut song birthday sounded like i blame it on your love by charli xcx and shake it off from Taylor swift except its super bad and boring and and the mv look likes another rip off  bp mv inspired with with a little bit of jennies solo.. All in all its awful

Posted

Posting idol performances under random tweets is cringey and makes kpops fans look really annoying 

Posted

Jae from Day6's singing voice sounds super strained like he's trying too hard 95% of the time. And it sounds like he puts on a way of talking ("no mo, yall, ya boi") almost like he's imitating stan twt when he speaks English making him super unbearable to listen to especially on talkshows

Posted (edited)

izones new song has horrible mixing, the instrumental is nice but the way the vocals are processed sounds horrific and the focus on wonyoung and minjus wEAK vocals over stronger singers (yuri only getting one decent line? yujins voice being auto tuned to hell and back? eunbi getting like 2 seconds of screentime) and choice to have them sing in triplets when it's only a 12 member group makes no sense… even akb b sides sound fucking better than this (yaban no kyuuai says hello). 48g b sides have way more girls singing and somehow it sounds less tinny despite also being over produced. whoever did the mixing for Buenos Aries is a fucking failure and the incessant background screeching (I CAN DO IT! etc) is implemented into the song with no reason to be there, it sounds awFUL. such a disappointment vocally when the instrumental is solid. it's a waste of the production and the more talented members.

the b-sides for Buenos Aries at least sound better… Target is a contender for best song on the single. It's a pity that the title is so bad.

why is on the record also trying to push minju so hard over the actual centers for their j-releases? she's so fucking bland, better than hyewon but overall she's a discount Tyuzu in the looks department. I'd say the same about wonyoung, they're both p bland, Sakura stands out even if she can't sing that well. at least they're not pushing hyewon, her bug eyes and vacant, hollow expressions zoink me out 

somis new song isn't that bad for a bratty pop song, maybe its because I used to have a guilty pleasure for Cher Lloyd's first album, but it sounds fine to me. the one thing I do get tired of is Teddy's lazy drops, wish he'd come up with actual choruses

Edited by sappysappy

Posted

at least they're not pushing hyewon, her bug eyes and vacant, hollow expressions zoink me out 

I always thought I was the only one who felt this way!! She's pretty but still something about her face is unsettling to me 

Posted

- You can't convince me that Sakura didn't get robbed from the center position in Izone. 

- They should really take a break from making another season of Produce because the pool of talent this season is abysmal, also a 5 years contract for a temporary group is crazy. 

Posted

- You can't convince me that Sakura didn't get robbed from the center position in Izone. 

- They should really take a break from making another season of Produce because the pool of talent this season is abysmal, also a 5 years contract for a temporary group is crazy. 

a 5 year contract with a group full of people with mediocre talent. What a nightmare

Posted (edited)

I always thought I was the only one who felt this way!! She's pretty but still something about her face is unsettling to me 

I feel like for me it's the shape of her eyes, their aeygo sal, combined with the size of her lips, something about her looks very uncanny valley. her features don't gel with one another, not in an ugly way, but in a way that kind of makes you question why you think she's pretty because her features shouldn't work together? she's pretty in a sort of odd, still life way? 

a 5 year contract with a group full of people with mediocre talent. What a nightmare

Not even in keeping up with PDX the show, but seeing the perfs… that kid with the 7th sense fancam totally butchering his performance, eek. 

Edited by sappysappy

Posted

I don’t listen to izone but I decided to because i was curious about the sound of their new song based off the comments here. 

Honestly what a mess. It took me 5 minutes to realize these girls were singing in Japanese because their enunciation is bad, I’m not sure if it’s the auto tune or how the song was composed but everyone sounded off in terms pronouncing things properly imo. 

I have to agree with the person who said jpop groups have had better songs than this because it’s true. Even idolmaster Cinderella girls has better songs and technically the girls aren’t even real people just animated characters with voice actors

Posted

i swear produce x is some sort of a social experiment

Posted (edited)

Now dispatch is trying to get Seunghoon fucked for some bullshit. I knew baby boy was coming next for some shit. 

Dispatch is fucking evil, they are up to some shhhiiitttt and I am over it. Also how  do they "know" everything that's going on inside yg? 

They posted it up on their ig about seunghoon talking to "a" which is Han Seo hee that was involved with TOPs drug scandal. But to me it just seems he was trying to protect hanbin. 

SmartSelect_20190614-031043_Chrome.jpg

Also Lay's new song and M/V "Honey" is such a fuckboy bop. Here for it, love it. 

Edited by Velvetjin

Posted

Sakura was so obviously robbed lmao, I'm so glad Yiren didnt debut with that mess and got Everglow instead. 

Also I find Wonyoung's face super weird.

Posted

Sakura was so obviously robbed lmao, I'm so glad Yiren didnt debut with that mess and got Everglow instead. 

Also I find Wonyoung's face super weird.

Tragic honestly 😔 Also agree on Wonyoung, she's obviously very pretty but something about her eyes scares me? I dunno how to say but it feels like someone constantly staring at you it's uncomfy. Hyewon also gives me the same vibes.

Posted (edited)

Aurora by Ateez is actually good, it gives me 90s pop vibes. But it reminds me of Seventeen a lot too.. 

Edited by Velvetjin