• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6300 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``

Posted

Twice's Fancy is every recent Ariana Grande video mixed together (no tears left to cry, 7 rings, god is a woman, buwyg). Tzuyu holding the planet balloons is literally in God is a Woman, Ariana has balloons with planets on them too. I know they don't have control over their music videos and what not, but the label definitely saw Ariana's aesthetic/style and realized that's what people like right now. Pretty disappointing that they can't think of an original theme for them, but its weird how no one is talking about that. 

What?

Posted

(Probably not too unpopular) AOA's Jimin looks really bad/unhealthy but the people in her instagram comments saying she needs to eat or that they're worried isn't doing anything to help and i'd wish they'd stop.

Posted

-I'm pissed about pristin breaking up but in someways, it was for the better especially for kayla's mental health in the long run. 

Posted

I feel like SM's just reusing the whole EXO concept with Superhuman... Like yes, I understand that EXO doesn't own that concept, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's being reused since EXO has all but broken up. I like the song, yes, but it's just MAMA 2019 ver.

I'm laughing because you say this as if a whole SHINee doesn't exist. Their style is all over that song, it's pretty good though.

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``

Posted

The news about Hara is honestly so disheartening. I'm glad that people saw the signs with her recent instagram posts and I hope she's getting all the love and help that she needs. She must've felt so lonely and thought she had no one to turn to for an attempt to be the only choice for her. I'm grateful for her manager and the authorities who found her in time.. just narrowly avoided a tragedy. 

Posted

Reading the news about Hara almost ending her life was so heartbreaking. Right now she needs all the love and support from her family, friends and her fans (does she refer to her fans as kamilia or another name? just curious). I want her to be safe and happy. Yes, everyone has gone through tough moments in their life but not getting the support from loved ones just add fuel to the fire. I don't know what Hara is going through at the moment but I can feel her pain. All we can do now is to tell her how much we love her, support her, appreciate her and respect her as a human. We need to let her know that we are there for her.

Posted

Hara's suicide attempt really does remind me  how much people underestimate online harassment and bullying; legitimate and unbridled, repetitive hatred towards a person by a mob of people that will lead them to develop complexes about themselves that manifest as actual mental hardship. It upset me to think about as someone who's been harassed by a slew of people at once, to think of Hara's psychological state as she read comments blaming her for her ex boyfriends abuse broke my heart. It's often underestimated how brutal online harassment has become in the digital age, calling online harassers cowards, without realizing that hate comments can easily take a toll on a person with a vulnerable mental state.

In this case, Hara, an abused woman, who already blamed herself for her ex's abuse, was negatively reinforced by online posts to continuously blame herself for his abuse.

when I was an eating disordered newbie kpop fan I used to not like hara because I envied her and because she was "skinny", but as I outgrew that and I looked into the type of person she was, I felt bad for judging her based on the way she looked out of my own insecurity. she and jiyoung were shamed for something they said to two dickbag MCs on a show long before the incident with her abusive ex boyfriend.

I applaud her for standing up for herself, and I was horrified by the reactions to her not standing for abuse any longer. I only can imagine what her ex did to her combined with the hate comments and god knows what else have put her in a mental state detrimental enough to drive her to suicide. I hope she recovers and is able to help overcome the pain this has caused her. 

Posted

(Probably not too unpopular) AOA's Jimin looks really bad/unhealthy but the people in her instagram comments saying she needs to eat or that they're worried isn't doing anything to help and i'd wish they'd stop.

She photoshopped those pictures to look extremely skinny and malnourished. Recent pictures of her public appearances tell another story.

Posted

She photoshopped those pictures to look extremely skinny and malnourished. Recent pictures of her public appearances tell another story.

Yeah, there’s a really good vid about it here: https://youtu.be/ScVuPy9fitM

This channel is pretty interesting.. it can’t be used as proof that a certain idol is healthy or unhealthy but it does give you a pretty good analysis on the health of an idol.

Posted

Yeah, there’s a really good vid about it here: https://youtu.be/ScVuPy9fitM

This channel is pretty interesting.. it can’t be used as proof that a certain idol is healthy or unhealthy but it does give you a pretty good analysis on the health of an idol.

Hehe I love that channel that's where I got the info from lol. Hopefully her channel won't be deleted though 😔

Posted (edited)

in the past month or two of me using twt, ive ive witnessed a lot and i mean A LOT of nsfw content regarding people who seem to be nothing but co-workers // friends..

Edited by strawberryfields

Posted

in the past month or two of me using twt, ive ive witnessed a lot and i mean A LOT of nfsw content regarding people who seem to be nothing but co-workers // friends..

They don’t have many friends so they automatically assume these people are doing something more than just friendly stuff