• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8436 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by okamixe

Posted (edited)

Exo-m 2.0 is happening with how they're treating winwin (?). Can sm stop being horrible !! like i feel so bad :alpacadone:

Edited by mzkvctm

Posted

What's with nctzens always complaining about some members stans that hope their fav get better treatment. If your bias was treated like Ten back in 2017, like Kun up until WayV and Winwin now, you'd complain about SM being shit too.

Posted

legit question, why are bts considered woke kings when they do the bare minimum? my twitter was filled with this vid from monsta x and honestly, that one vid contains more lgbt friendly motives than anything bts aver coughed out. they said "love is love" a couple of times and people praise them as gay lords lol. i don't get it. (meanwhile, crap like expensive girl, war of hormone and that jin/rm song get a free pass for being sleezy lol) 

Posted

hard carry is got7's worst song. i said what i said

Posted

legit question, why are bts considered woke kings when they do the bare minimum? my twitter was filled with this vid from monsta x and honestly, that one vid contains more lgbt friendly motives than anything bts aver coughed out. they said "love is love" a couple of times and people praise them as gay lords lol. i don't get it. (meanwhile, crap like expensive girl, war of hormone and that jin/rm song get a free pass for being sleezy lol) 

because... mob mentality... fans LOVE to hype up their favorite group and army is.... numerous compared to other groups

Posted

I’m not gonna fight you on your opinion but I wonder why you think they’re overrated talent wise.... Not all of their music is for everyone but they have such a diverse discography that you could find something you’d like in there... but at the end of the day it is subjective 

The talent part tho.... imo they’re one of the most well rounded groups with great dancers, great vocalists, and great rappers.. they’re also amazing performers too. Hell, even Dara is pretty good at what she does even though her vocals are lacking and she’s mostly just a visual. I think the only ones that can match up to their performance power right now are Mamamoo and two other groups. 

In my opinion, while 2NE1 might be great at performing, none of them are exceptionally talented except for Minzy, who's a great dancer and good singer. CL's dancing is okay but Dara and Bom look really stiff. Bom is the main vocalist but she has really bad technique: breathy, pitchy and her notes don't connect well. CL and Dara also have weak singing voices. Can't comment on their rapping though 

Posted

PSY paved the way.

Posted

What's with nctzens always complaining about some members stans that hope their fav get better treatment. If your bias was treated like Ten back in 2017, like Kun up until WayV and Winwin now, you'd complain about SM being shit too.

ugh some nctzens are just only care about their faves and not realize how poorly treated the others are. ten had suffered a knee injury after hit the stage and had surgery so he couldn't do much in 2017 but with kun and winwin - its sad to see them being mistreated along with other members. sm really hasn't learnt from their mistakes after hangeng's contract termination and the kris-han-tao lawsuit (even after jyj, jessica and no minwoo). they don't give a crap abut their freedom and well-being and will do anything to make sure it goes their way. 

winwin's situation is by far the worst - i mean he can't sing and dance alone. his job is to perform and create music so that's basically stripping his human rights. can't believe sm begged winwin to join them just to be mistreated like that.

Posted

ugh some nctzens are just only care about their faves and not realize how poorly treated the others are. ten had suffered a knee injury after hit the stage and had surgery so he couldn't do much in 2017 but with kun and winwin - its sad to see them being mistreated along with other members. sm really hasn't learnt from their mistakes after hangeng's contract termination and the kris-han-tao lawsuit (even after jyj, jessica and no minwoo). they don't give a crap abut their freedom and well-being and will do anything to make sure it goes their way. 

see I was pretty sure about Ten having a knee injury and being out for that reason, sort of like why Jaemin was away, but I always see people talk about that period like he was in the basement. It’s why I’m always wary of these ‘my fave is being mistreated~’ rants because I can never tell if there’s actual mistreatment happening or just misinformation.

Posted

They gotta start giving better names for groups.

Posted

winwin's situation is by far the worst - i mean he can't sing and dance alone. his job is to perform and create music so that's basically stripping his human rights. can't believe sm begged winwin to join them just to be mistreated like that.

see I was pretty sure about Ten having a knee injury and being out for that reason, sort of like why Jaemin was away, but I always see people talk about that period like he was in the basement. It’s why I’m always wary of these ‘my fave is being mistreated~’ rants because I can never tell if there’s actual mistreatment happening or just misinformation.

Most of my frustration with Ten and SM in 2017 was when we learned about his knee injury, it was when he returned to Thailand for military enlistment and SM didn't make any announcement on him being injured. Fans only found out about it through fansite pictures at the airport. There was a time when he was still doing fine and when they went to Thailand, Ten said he wished he could perform and meet fans more often, made me tear up :( Even with Jaemin, I wish we'd get updates from them once in a while even if they're resting.

Kun's situation honestly made me mad, like he's been confirmed for NCT since 2016 but only debuts officially 2 years later in a song that he doesn't have any lines or even gets a proper moment to shine?? Like the fact that they released 6 MV and he only got put in Black On Black didn't sit well with me when they promoted Empathy. Kun stans were also called annoying when they wanted Kun to be promoted more often.

SM has always had favourites and I'm not gonna deny that I stan some of the more favouritised members, but with NCT it's just so obvious how SM  treats them. Most of the complaints about members being treated unfairly is most of the time towards SM but a lot of nctzens see it towards their own fav and try to make it a competition instead. The fandom contradicts itself so much sometimes, one time they want fans to love everyone/OT21 but will turn against some members the next. 

Posted

reading all this about NCT reminded me that I saw a post calling out JYP for not giving GOT7 equal amount of lines lol. More often than not you really hear all of them in every song, they even give rappers parts in ballads. Meanwhile, SM......

Posted (edited)

They also praise BTS in general for not doing cultural appropriation stuff when Hoseok had braids during Mic Drop era and Namjoon said he wanted to get braids/cornrows (?) again. I cant find the clip he said that in though because armys got someone’s account suspended for posting it 🤯

Monsta X are the real woke kings except for Jooheon cuz he did that “black people language” thing once on a talk show but it was a whiiiile ago so I don’t think he’s like that anymore 

Edited by kagami232

Posted

I remember once I said I didn't like boy with love as much as HYYH and before and the koreaboo said "we all have different taste" very passive aggressively

Woo wait till she hears my thoughts on their music after HYYH, specifically since the start of it because I can't remember what year their music started going downhill.