• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7632 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Halsey and her "friendship" with BTS seems extremely disingenuous as fuck to me. I've been following her for a while now. Since like, 2015 ish. I remember at that time people were starting to know her because of 5 seconds of summer. She'd hang out with the drummer, Ashton a lot. There were a lot of rumors in the fandom that they were fucking lol. If you look at her track record, she seems to befriend whoever's popular with teenage girls at the time. First it was 5sos, then she started hanging out with matty healy from the 1975. (She wrote a poem about him on her old tumblr, and she also took a picture of his back while he was putting his shirt on after they presumably had sex). She deleted her tumblr, and I'm pretty sure the picture is gone from everywhere. I think you can still find the poem with a bit of digging tho. After that, she started hanging out with twenty one pilots. I stopped liking her at that point but I see now she's moved onto BTS lmao. Who's next? TXT? 

edit: grammar

Edited by puxae

Posted (edited)

Tbh I hate the nasal-y rapping a lot of gg do (l.e. hyuna and that rapper from clc idk her name but it was like that in no there’s others obvs) which is the main reason why i don’t rlly stan gg

i think the majority of the people who dislike girl crush concepts, myself included, is because of the fact the groups that stick to them are not capable of pulling them off (for example blackpink). Also may be due to their fans thinking they are unique and revolutionary while shitting on cute concepts. Blackpink has even gone to the point of calling themselves "the revolution".

(my blind ass quoted the wrong post)

Edited by mcheni
error.

Posted

Halsey and her "friendship" with BTS seems extremely seems disingenuous as fuck to me. I've been following her for a while now. Since like, 2015 ish. I remember at that time people were starting to know her because of 5 seconds of summer. She'd hang out with the drummer, Ashton a lot. There were a lot of rumors in the fandom that they were fucking lol. If you look at her track record, she seems to befriend whoever's popular with teenage girls at the time. First it was 5sos, then she started hanging out with matty healy from the 1975. (She wrote a poem about him on her old tumblr, and she also took a picture of his back while he was putting his shirt on after they presumably had sex). She deleted her tumblr, and I'm pretty sure the picture is gone from everywhere. I think you can still find the poem with a bit of digging tho. After that, she started hanging out with twenty one pilots. I stopped liking her at that point but I see now she's moved onto BTS lmao. Who's next? TXT? 

Halsey has a thread here on PULL and all the stuff you mentioned plus a lot more is on there. Even the song she wrote about haylor saying she could love harry more than taylor ever could and slut shaming her I think??? And stuff

Posted

I'm tired of people complaining about La Vie En Rose being "stolen" from CLC. Im sure plenty of songs get passed between a few groups, we just don't typically hear about it. I agree with everyone who says it was only as popular as it is because it was IZONE's debut, a debut that many people anticipated for many different reasons. The song doesn't even fit CLC's current image anyway, which is probably a big reason why the company agreed to pass the song on. 'No' was a much superior and fitting song for them. I'm glad they didn't keep LVER because it just wouldn't have done as well with them, stop hating it just because it was "stolen" by a group that fits the concept better.

Posted

I'm tired of people complaining about La Vie En Rose being "stolen" from CLC. Im sure plenty of songs get passed between a few groups, we just don't typically hear about it. I agree with everyone who says it was only as popular as it is because it was IZONE's debut, a debut that many people anticipated for many different reasons. The song doesn't even fit CLC's current image anyway, which is probably a big reason why the company agreed to pass the song on. 'No' was a much superior and fitting song for them. I'm glad they didn't keep LVER because it just wouldn't have done as well with them, stop hating it just because it was "stolen" by a group that fits the concept better.

I like the demo that clc put out more than izone’s version mainly due to the vocals but I do think the whole concept fits izone better. I just wish that the company secured the rights to the song beforehand so clc didn’t have to go through the whole thing of hinting the song to fans + filming a whole variety for the song + other things. Cube is just dum

Posted

aegyo isn’t pedo-baiting lmao

it seems like pedo-baiting because y’all be thinking that way

let people act cute, jesus

Posted

I'm so tired of these american interviews where the hosts ask the same questions and the designated English speaker answers or translates and they don't even perform anything. They're literally always the same

1) if you could collab w anyone who would it be
2) something about food
3) whoa!!! so wild that people in america like you (we love our fans!!!)
4) please dance for 10 seconds in this area too small to dance in

and bonus points when they bring up bts to a group that is clearly not bts or ask if they write their music

I get that it's all media play and has to be done but how many non fans even watch it or get interested in their music hearing them talk about how they ate chicago style pizza or whatever

Posted

hopefully mnet stops the produce series after produce x 101 but i highly doubt that

Posted

hopefully mnet stops the produce series after produce x 101 but i highly doubt that

They're thinking about bringing it to Japan so they're not gonna stop milking the Produce franchise anytime soon.

Posted

Twice's Yes or Yes is such a rape-y song. 

Posted

They're thinking about bringing it to Japan so they're not gonna stop milking the Produce franchise anytime soon.

oh i meant in korea lol

but japan might have a slightly different format than korea and china (hopefully). in chinese versions, they give a few eliminated contestants a chance to advance to the next round - if you've seen qing chun you ni (idol producer s2) and produce 101 china, then you know what i'm talking about 

Posted

• It's so weird to me how kpop fans brag about their favourite groups being rich lmao, especially ARMYs... like every time they find out BTS are super wealthy now they trend a hashtag to brag and like while I understand it's remarkable to see BTS go from dollar store chains to custom made gold rings, it's not YOUR flex?? Like they worked hard and went through countless shit to get where they are, what did y'all do aside from not bathe and starve just to stream?

Posted

-K-pop fans that make everything about streaming don't really enjoy the song.

-  Why are some army's butthurt about album critics giving the new album 2 or 3 stars. Not everyone has to like it.

- vixx is truly underrated. Their last album is full of bops.

- success in America doesn't mean everything 

- stacy nam is the best interviewer for k-pop artists. Her key and taemin interviews are top tier

- and please can delusional armys stop comparing yoongi to eminem 😑

Posted (edited)

TW // Abuse (blackpink's recent photocards)

I don't know if this is sensitive to any user but just in case I'll put it as a spoiler! :alpacacrush:

D426vEoW4AEhEvT.jpg

Even though multiple blinks have stood against this, Blackpink romanticising abuse in their recent album 👏 IS 👏 NOT 👏 OKAY 👏. Abusive relationships aren't concepts and blackpink are just glamorising it with a peach aesthetic and makeup. It's probably not the members fault but I highly doubt this is to spread awareness. It's just playing into the "bruised delicate flower" aesthetic. Making it into a concept for photocards that people collect and carry around is not empowerment (and if it was then they could have used it to give links and hotlines) and not a single cent from these albums are going to abuse victims so??? I'm just really disappointed in blackpink and I just think this is the last straw for me since Lisa wore box braids. It's 2019! :alpacadone:

Edited by tokyoyoongi

Posted

a long thread sorry yall

-momoland is not rude, half of kpop fans aren't really korean so you have no say (about nancys bulimia joke, she was 15 and if one of your oppars can do problematic shit and move on then why can't she?)

-americans (as someone living in america) do not care about kpop, they find it childish and silly and they laugh at your fave groups

-chungha is a better soloist than sunmi

-sunmi was so out of line for saying bts paved the way, esp when she was (not really but i digress) apart of wonder girls

-kpop fans need to stop trying to compare and shit on jpop when jpop made kpop, tea

-twice doesn't need to do a sexy concept.

-kard is a flop

-aoa needed choa.

-only stanning ggs doesnt make you superior