• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7608 posts in this topic

Posted

i saw a lot of bts fans get on chan's dick over his stupid hair. where was that same energy when your favs collabed with an adult who kissed a minor at her concert without consent (oh and apparently they're friends? lmfao) ? or when they collabed with a person who turned out to be rape apologist? like...what even.

The energy was there when the collab was announced before those few loud asses in the fandom start complaining about how we're 'hurting bts!1!1'

Now everyone is completely up her ass because she's nice to them? The bar is so low.

A lot of people pretend the nicki collab never happened though, myself included

Posted

it's sad to think but i feel like jisoo is left out a lot. they met ariana but she wasn't there with them and a lot of blinks noticed how she was uninvolved in the interviews. i know she isn't fluent in english but they should at least make her feel included. 

Posted

The energy was there when the collab was announced before those few loud asses in the fandom start complaining about how we're 'hurting bts!1!1'

Now everyone is completely up her ass because she's nice to them? The bar is so low.

A lot of people pretend the nicki collab never happened though, myself included

i really wish more people would be loud about that shit. tho i get why people are not. say anything bad about KiNgS oF (k)PoP and you might as well get doxxed at this point. 

like, there's a high chance they just didn't know, but, i guess i just wish that people would be as understanding and easy going with other groups as they are with bts lol.

tl;dr i'm tired of all that crap cause it really seems more like people just wanna drag people, not that they genuinely care about certain issues.

Posted (edited)

i'm glad twice didn't do a complete 180 on their concept

fancy is different, but still has that twice flare y'know

it's a hot BOP tho

i would still love to see a sexy twice concept though kkkkk

Edited by Neglected

Posted

i really wish more people would be loud about that shit. tho i get why people are not. say anything bad about KiNgS oF (k)PoP and you might as well get doxxed at this point. 

like, there's a high chance they just didn't know, but, i guess i just wish that people would be as understanding and easy going with other groups as they are with bts lol.

tl;dr i'm tired of all that crap cause it really seems more like people just wanna drag people, not that they genuinely care about certain issues.

They do this type of stuff all the time, drag other groups for doing the bare minimum (like when the boyz did that filter game and they tried to say they did blackface when it was supposed to be someone being fried by electricity?????) when Bts has the biggest track record for nasty racist bullshit. Even though they’ve apologized and grown from what they’ve done that doesn’t erase the fact that those things have happened and some fans felt like shit because of it.

Posted (edited)

They do this type of stuff all the time, drag other groups for doing the bare minimum (like when the boyz did that filter game and they tried to say they did blackface when it was supposed to be someone being fried by electricity?????) when Bts has the biggest track record for nasty racist bullshit. Even though they’ve apologized and grown from what they’ve done that doesn’t erase the fact that those things have happened and some fans felt like shit because of it.

I agree that ARMYs can be hypocrites a lot of the time, and do shit to other groups and fandom, but I really don’t think BTS has “the biggest track record for nasty racist bullshit”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but when have they actually done something inherently *racist*. They’ve been colourist (within their group and race) for sure, and you can debate they’ve culturally appropriated but when have they actually been racist? 

(please do enlighten me if I’ve missed some racism scandal tho)

Edited by staycalmdouche

Posted (edited)

yep.

i'm all for the "live and learn" thing, like, we've all done some dumb ignorant shit in the past and it's important to learn from that...but at least have the same energy for other groups too. 

this is why i low key dread when groups seem to "blow up" ... you get a lot of "those fans" and everything goes to shit (i guess it's most noticable with BTS cause they're so huge right now)

I agree that ARMYs can be hypocrites a lot of the time, and do shit to other groups and fandom, but I really don’t think BTS has “the biggest track record for nasty racist bullshit”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but when have they actually done something inherently *racist*. They’ve been colourist (within their group and race) for sure, and you can debate they’ve culturally appropriated but when have they actually been racist? 

i think this was just worded in regard to how armies yell "racist" at anyone who dares to wear cornrows and shit (like the whole fcking chan crap going on right now)

like, you can debate? i'm sorry but, if you call someone a racist for wearing cornrows, why not call the other person racist too for wearing afro? (i know it wasn't afro but idk the exact name of the haircut, i apologize)

like, they have REALLY said and done some questionable shit in the past yet their fanbase keeps acting as if they're innocent 2yo babies. (oh and don't get me started as their fanbase making them seem like gay saviors and woke kings for doing the bare minimum)

Edited by vader_chan

Posted

People need to stop comparing Twice Fancy to BlackPink, and every group to BP in general! You'd think this is a popular opinion but still we see comments comparing BP to everyone everywhere. Sure, there were some parts of the MV and styling that were kinda similar, but thats just whats popular right now, people need to just recognize and appreciate that BP are sometimes trendsetters and its okay for other groups to be influenced by them. And what about the parts that aren't similar (aka, the majority of the video)?

Also, I think its strange how there were many people that were expecting Fancy to be more similar to ITZY Dalla. Why would JYP debut a gg with a certain concept and then slap that same concept on to their existing gg? I think there are some similarities, but theres still that unique Twice flavor!

Even if groups have some similarities, every group has their own unique flair. I wish people would focus more on that rather than accuse everyone of copying their faves.

Posted

Even if groups have some similarities, every group has their own unique flair. I wish people would focus more on that rather than accuse everyone of copying their faves.

ah and sorry for double posting but, BTS have sampled so many songs, yet, again their fanbase is sooo rabid when someone has even a tinsy bit similar thing to theirs (choreo for example, I still remember the damn Idol/Shootout discourse...apparently BTS invented the entire continent of Africa, including their dances. Kings)

Posted (edited)

Jimin calling Jungkook a Kkamondongie, RM saying nigga in multiple songs, even having involvement in one of the songs he said it in while knowing what the word meant, them having a photo shoot at a Holocaust memorial while having Nazi symbols on their clothes (don’t know if it was disproven that they wore Nazi symbols but it’s still extremely disrespectful to do a group photo shoot there), RM saying his skill is “talking black”, Jimin saying RM looked like a Maori chief.... I think that’s all? May be more though.

Edited by kagami232

Posted

Jimin calling Jungkook a Kkamondongie, RM saying nigga in multiple songs, even having involvement in one of the songs he said it in while knowing what the word meant, them having a photo shoot at a Holocaust memorial while having Nazi symbols on their clothes (don’t know if it was disproven that they wore Nazi symbols but it’s still extremely disrespectful to do a group photo shoot there), RM saying his skill is “talking black”, Jimin saying RM looked like a Maori chief.... I think that’s all? May be more though.

hmmmn. Fair enough tbh 

Posted (edited)

Eh, cultural appropriation is a sticky subject. I just think that when people want to do a hip hop concept and they get braids just because of it, it comes across as imitation to me. To me, it’s most definitely using blacks as a costume. It’s part of the styling, it’s something they put on and take off at will to suit the “concept”. It’s like when people wanna dress up as Native Americans, they’ll get the whole shebang, the headdress etc. Braids and cornrows may not be on the same level as clothes, but they are definitely part of black culture, which is these kpop stylists *always* associate it with hip hop/rap. It’s not a coincidence that it’s only the rappers that get braids/cornrows. It’s totally an imitation. 

Lol I don't think you understood what I was saying, Along the lines I basically said what you just said. 

I was talking about if people don't use it as a concept. Example, If a person was taught the history of how braids came to be and was taught the techniques etc and they seemed interested and well educated and then had their hair braided afterwards, without associating it with any "imitation" (and there are some people like this) then I don't think that's cultural appropriation. If they use it in a hip hop concept like you said then that's a problem. 

Edit: And as I said, it's just a hairstyle, as long as you're not disrespectful. 

Edited by MySerendipity

Posted

Rly wish stan twitter would stfu about BBMAs, it's obvious BTS will win.  It's all I see on my timeline.

Posted

i'm glad twice didn't do a complete 180 on their concept

fancy is different, but still has that twice flare y'know

it's a hot BOP tho

i would still love to see a sexy twice concept though kkkkk

hopefully in time we'll get to see a sexy twice concept ! i'm glad they finally got to try something new after like... 4 years lmao they deserve a change up. like i really love their music but it was getting a lil boring you know?