• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6771 posts in this topic

Posted

Here’s my unpopular opinion: Taehyung should release a solo RNB album or just completely debut solo... I don’t know how he’d do that with this packed schedule but whatever.

Girl group stans call themselves feminists but shit on idols like Hyoyeon and Hwasa for not fitting their beauty standards.

God I'd love to hear his voice on a solo RnB project! BTS's current safe pop style is not doing him any favours right now lol

TBH 98% of Girl group stans only like girl groups for their looks and concepts, which is pretty ironic considering that's what they assume bg stans only like boy groups for lmao like if you go through gg stans twitter, majority of them are only hyping up the girls' looks and rarely talk about the music, vocals, choreo, it's not a surprise that they'll shit on the women whose looks don't fit their standards.

Posted

TBH 98% of Girl group stans only like girl groups for their looks and concepts, which is pretty ironic considering that's what they assume bg stans only like boy groups for lmao like if you go through gg stans twitter, majority of them are only hyping up the girls' looks and rarely talk about the music, vocals, choreo, it's not a surprise that they'll shit on the women whose looks don't fit their standards.

99% of gg stans on Twitter are like:

these girls only stan boy groups cause their biases are good looking and show their chests sometimes lolol that’s why they accept shit music 

god damn hwasa looks like *insert racist joke or completely cruel insult here* and this is why you should stan *insert group  known for their visuals here*

Posted

Has Blackpunk performed at Coachella yet? Cos I’m literally hearing zilch about it...

Posted

Rose from bp looks so thin. Watching them on James corden and comparing her with the other members made me a bit worried.

lisa looks skelly too, but her dress swallows her so its not as noticeable here. Jisoo is the only one that looks ok imo (jennie is borderline skelly but idk)

loved how Jisoo didnt flinch tho. 

Posted

lisa looks skelly too, but her dress swallows her so its not as noticeable here. Jisoo is the only one that looks ok imo (jennie is borderline skelly but idk)

loved how Jisoo didnt flinch tho. 

Rosé and Lisa are those type of naturally underweight girls who can never get big due to their fast metabolism but I hope the label isn’t making them get even more skinny than they already naturally are.

Posted (edited)

image.jpgI hope that coachella has the same energy as "but namjoon..."

Funny how bp got compared with 2ne1 especially with performance based  like i dont know man... This crack me up soooo bad

Edited by Sab
funny as hell

Posted

image.jpg

>2NE1 could not have pulled off Coachella like BLACKPINK did

ignorance is bliss :alpacabored:

the girls were okay but it wasn’t mind blowing 

Posted

image.jpg

I respectfully disagree. At least those two groups have albums and 2NE1 was an amazing group before YG started giving up on them. BTS also performs well so idk what they’re talking about. 

I don’t even listen to either of the two groups but I feel like I need to defend them cuz this is unnecessary 

Posted

-Kpop has actually gone up in quality and creative in terms off MV's and concepts remember how basic and cheap some 2nd gen's groups MV's were? 

-  Not attacking or accusing anyone but some big bang members definitely knew more then they let on specifically TOP and Daesung

- I'm over western collabs idc if they bring in clout all of them are terrible all of them have the same wannabe western generic pop feel with no one looking like they want to be there and the western artist looking  and sounding uncommitted 

- TWICE is actually trying something outside their comfort zone, GOOD. its about damn time.

Blackpinks last good song was PWF.

Posted

I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but I was disappointed to see that BP kind of lipsynced at the second Coachella performance.  You can see this during kiss and make up where Rose moves her hand and her mic is nowhere near her mouth and the track plays as usual, with her voice on it.  Sure, it was a bit louder when they added some vocals but anyone can sing with full on back vocals.

Posted (edited)

saesong on YouTube isn’t good at singing

her voice sounds like she’s forcing it out, makes me cringe 

Edited by Neglected

Posted

-  Not attacking or accusing anyone but some big bang members definitely knew more then they let on specifically TOP and Daesung

Oh? What are you referring to?

Posted

I don’t like how western media talks about Kpop. It’s so weird. They just can’t be respectful or normal about it. It’s like they’ve  encountered aliens for the first time. IMO

Posted

Rosé and Lisa are those type of naturally underweight girls who can never get big due to their fast metabolism but I hope the label isn’t making them get even more skinny than they already naturally are.

yeah, this shit ain't "naturally skinny"

52465246.thumb.jpg.343932dffa2b096a11be1

i'm not gonna beat the dead horse anymore, but 90% of kpop idols are starving and it's a fact , and honestly, i am over their idiotic beauty standards (body type, skin color etc most koreans don't naturally have) 

anyway...another thing that comes to mind is that, i am also done with fans thinking what idols wear is their choice. 90% of the time it isn't. maybe sometimes when they have downtime? but every entertainment industry is manufactured to hell and back, kpop even more so...so i don't know why people get so worked up about the shit that idols wear both positive and negative when most likely their contract doesn't allow them to say shit.