kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

1260 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't get why people (the artists and/or fans) get offended if someone said the song was trash. Not everyone is going to like the songs your faves produce, It's their opinion. If they didn't like it, they didn't like it, It's not that deep ūüėā Even if the song got so many awards etc that don't mean sh*t, It's not going to stop people from hating it.

(I'm talking about the Marz (whatever his name is) situation with calling a song from BTS trash)

I heard that armys are trying to sue him. The amount of butthurt is unreal lol. Marz has every right to his opinion, just like everyone else in the world. Also Steven Aoki is one of the most generic and mediocre djs out there. If bighit wanted a bop, they would’ve contacted Porter Robinson. But hey, bighit probably wanted a song that would apiece to US audiences... And I still can’t believe Desiigner had some verses in the mic drop remix.... Ugh

- I’m kinda on the fence about Honey Popcorn. The thing is, all three members are/were jav idols. There’s nothing wrong with the members being javs idols, but it’s just a bit worrying how they’ll be treated. I just know knets will attack them. But in all honesty the members look really cute, and I’ll support them.

- I didn’t even realize SF9 was coming back today, but their new song is so catchy and addicting. I absolutely loved it.

Posted

- I wish Taeyong's stylist would lay off the crimping iron for him in MVs. JUST STOP. YOU MAKE HIS HAIR LOOK WORSE.

-...Taeyong's singing is better than his rapping. Not that his rapping is awful but...its just average? I think he has potential to be a stronger vocalist than a rapper but I guess he's stuck as a rapper. Thanks SM. :alpacaconfused:

-I miss Miss A. :( 

Posted

- I miss the pre-2013 kpop days

Posted

Lots of fans are drooling over the boys in BDS but I found the exposure and styling made them look pretty awkward. Song's still good tho

Also, Taeyong is one of the better dancers in the group but from the fancams, Ten just stands out a lot more onstage so it looked a little unbalanced to me (altho maybe Taeyong just wasn't at his best dancing-wise bc he's had way more activities to handle lately)

Posted

- I wish Taeyong's stylist would lay off the crimping iron for him in MVs. JUST STOP. YOU MAKE HIS HAIR LOOK WORSE.

-...Taeyong's singing is better than his rapping. Not that his rapping is awful but...its just average? I think he has potential to be a stronger vocalist than a rapper but I guess he's stuck as a rapper. Thanks SM. :alpacaconfused:

The whole song "Baby Don't Stop" gives me so much Taemin vibes, from the looks to the song itself. Not that I mind, but please SM let's not recycle. And when I heard Taeyong singing first thing I thought was "Why isn't he singing more in their songs". Another prime example of an idol who was a better vocalist than a rapper (SM tends to do stuff like this). 

Posted

Someone please tell me WHATS WITH SO MANY OF THESE SEXUAL HARASSMENTS BY ACTORS??? 

Some of the actors who harassed students should be punished but netizens should stop with the false allegations that totally has no proof whatsoever. 

Posted

People need to stop with the 3-song mashups, most of them sound messy and just plain weird.

Only mashup I actually like is DDD x Lip & Hip, that one sounds bomb af.

Posted

-I miss Miss A. :( 

THIS. HONESTLY THIS. They deserved so much better. 

Also, I don't know how this is gonna sound, but I get a little irked when foreign fans pin Alex (formerly from Rania) as the "foreigner who broke into K-POP." First of all, yes, Alex is black...but only half...and racially ambiguous. It's not like they chose someone who would really shake things up looks wise. Second of all, Alex already had her own music out long before getting in the group. Third, they clearly did not make her essential to the group despite her being the leader. On their first couple of stages she didn't even dance with them for the whole song. She just rapped then bounced. It was like she was a feature artist. She didn't even match with them in costume for the longest time. I feel like a lot of fans were delusional and thought she was one of the lucky ones who auditioned and made it despite being a foreigner, but it was so obviously a calculated publicity stunt. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have anything against Alex but, real talk, if Korea wasn't ready for Michelle Lee, someone who is HALF KOREAN and can sing her ass off, then I don't know why fans were shocked when they saw Alex's departure. I understand that foreign (specifically non Asian) fans wanna be in K-POP, and there isn't really anything wrong with playing with the idea a little, but I think fantasizing about it being super realistic if you've just "got the talent," is extremely delusional. But that's just me. 

Posted (edited)

Speaking of being half black and Korean, I don't think Korea will ever be ready (if not for a long time) for people like Michelle Lee and Yoon Mirae. They are extremely (imo) underrated for the talent they have in singing and rapping, it's like people just overlooked them. I would consider Yoon Mirae as one of THE best Korean female rapper out there, certainly better than these mainstream female rappers when it comes to delivery and lyrics. And I'm not just hyping them because they're black, I'm just stating facts. The fact that YG didn't debut Michelle is very sus to me and I didn't know until recently she was meant to be in YGE until they gave her the boot. smh.

Edited by MySerendipity

Posted

Opinions on jhope's mixtape?

I personally liked it, but what are your thoughts?

Posted

Opinions on jhope's mixtape?

I personally liked it, but what are your thoughts?

Umm, maybe it was the mood I was in yesterday but on a first listen, it was ok. It's very J-Hope because the songs were very loud, imaginative (almost dream like) and bright. I think I have to listen to it again before I actually give a proper opinion. Buuut do I think it's better than RM's and Suga's? No. J-Hope was actually quite soft with his delivery compared to the rest, giving it a 'dream like' and bright feel. I mean, look at the M/V. 

Posted

Umm, maybe it was the mood I was in yesterday but on a first listen, it was ok. It's very J-Hope because the songs were very loud, imaginative (almost dream like) and bright. I think I have to listen to it again before I actually give a proper opinion. Buuut do I think it's better than RM's and Suga's? No. J-Hope was actually quite soft with his delivery compared to the rest, giving it a 'dream like' and bright feel. I mean, look at the M/V. 

I agree with you on there. I think I just prefer a more aggressive rap delivery? That's kind of why I prefer Suga or RM's mixtapes more. I feel like J-Hope's was like diet J-Hope, he was softer in delivery and didn't have the intensity from his rapping I've heard from in in previous BTS songs. It isn't bad, in fact his mixtape is very J-Hope - a lot like his personality.  I didn't consider it horrible it was just different from what I've heard from him before.

Posted

i wish groups that were just solely vocal based were more popular, such as vromance. 

Posted (edited)

I wish dieting weren't so normalized (or even praised) for girl group members. I was watching this one clip taken from a livestream featuring CLC's Sorn:

She sounds sad and un-confident when she excuses such an unhealthy practice with ideal with "...buts it's our job." I also read recently about how Gugudan's Mina, who lost a good amount of weight, talk about how dieting screwed up her immune system to a point where she couldn't get up for weeks. It just kinda felt strange to me on how this is brushed off so casually or that this wasn't blowing up. There are a few more instances I can think of where idols have talked about extreme dieting as if it were okay. It's screwed up that K-pop kinda promotes an unrealistic beauty standard that encourages idols (especially ones in girl groups) to think that being thin makes you more appealing.

Edited by thingsome