• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6816 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't like Lisa something about her is off to me 

Posted (edited)

I don’t really care when idols get plastic surgery..... Especially when it’s “minor” things like nose jobs and eyelid surgeries...if it makes them happy then that’s good, no need to rag on them. If Lisa really did get a nose job then that’s her, if she’s happy then let her be happy... I don’t get why people still use idols getting plastic surgery as a reason to hate on them. If the company pressured them to get work down however, then the hate should be directed towards the company, not the artists.

I only have a problem w/ it when it becomes too much to the point where ppl are looking like their faces are going to explode with the amount of Botox they have...

Edited by kagami232

Posted

I don’t really care when idols get plastic surgery..... Especially when it’s “minor” things like nose jobs and eyelid surgeries...if it makes them happy then that’s good, no need to rag on them. If Lisa really did get a nose job then that’s her, if she’s happy then let her be happy... I don’t get why people still use idols getting plastic surgery as a reason to hate on them. If the company pressured them to get work down however, then the hate should be directed towards the company, not the artists.

I only have a problem w/ it when it becomes too much to the point where ppl are looking like their faces are going to explode with the amount of Botox they have...

Many celebrities in any country get plastic surgery, it's not a big deal, but I don't get why so many fans get upset and defensive when somebody points out idols have had something done... as if they're personally offended by it. Too many people in Korea get ps, it's most likely your fave has had it too. It gets ridiculous sometimes when stans claim that an idol's appearance is all natural when it's obviously not, why defend them when it's not a big deal in the first place.

Posted (edited)

I don’t mind plastic surgery, as in if they get smth done and are happy, fine that’s their business.  I just rly hate how normalized it is in kpop, like there are trainees that debut and are already getting fillers(I know they’re not considered surgery) at like 17 yrs old, but fillers also require a lot of maintenance so they keep going back and eventually just “fix” the problem, then people get surprised when their faves are barely mid twenties looking 35 .

this rant was caused by chungha btw lol.  Lately, she looks like 2016 Kylie Jenner.

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted (edited)

I don’t mind plastic surgery, as in if they get smth done and are happy, fine that’s their business.  I just rly hate how normalized it is in kpop, like there are trainees that debut and are already getting fillers(I know they’re not considered surgery) at like 17 yrs old, but fillers also require a lot of maintenance so they keep going back and eventually just “fix” the problem, then people get surprised when their faves are barely mid twenties looking 35 .

this rant was caused by chungha btw lol.  Lately, she looks like 2016 Kylie Jenner.

That’s what I was talking about when I meant the face exploding botox thing..... I was surprised that she was That young when I looked up her age.... I thought she was at least in her 30s when I first saw her.

I hate how normalized it is too.... nobody can have normal ass noses cause they don’t fit with the beauty standard or whatever..... It’s like they want everyone to look exactly the same.

Edited by kagami232

Posted

>I don’t mind plastic surgery, as in if they get smth done and are happy, fine that’s their business. 

>I just rly hate how normalized it is in kpop, like there are trainees that debut and are already getting fillers

Regardless of if they're happy or not with the PS they've had done it normalises it on their platform so chose one, you can't have both

Posted

>I don’t mind plastic surgery, as in if they get smth done and are happy, fine that’s their business. 

>I just rly hate how normalized it is in kpop, like there are trainees that debut and are already getting fillers

Regardless of if they're happy or not with the PS they've had done it normalises it on their platform so chose one, you can't have both

that was my point, plastic surgery can enhance / improve your looks.  But it’s so overdone in kpop.  I don’t think it’s “scandalous” when they get smth done, but I also think they microanalyze every single “flaw” and it’s just so normal to debut with your eyes and nose already done, is that not scary ?

Posted (edited)

Edited by lightning

Posted (edited)

kpop is getting so boring and exhausting

- there are too many groups that are so similar with nothing special to offer, too many idols that are just average, too many faces that don't make an impression, too many songs that don't have an impact, it's so cluttered and annoying (also, the fans contribute to this sooo much, like just shut the fuck up and enjoy the music,  why do you have to  literally start a war over the fact no one likes your faves? who cares!!!! and why do people get so mad when people prefer one thing over another? are we not allowed to have personal interests anymore??? we all have to like the same thing???)

- it feels as though anyone can become an idol as long as you have a pretty face :/ i haven't seen anyone really pop out and give something genuine

- also i hate it when people call their groups "artists" like no...half of them can't choreograph, can't write their own music, and don't really contribute to the process of creating the album. this might sound rude but more than half the idols out there are just tools to make money and its so weird when people put them on a pedestal and call them "revolutionary". like bitch no...they did not come up with the concept or anything....they are just good at portraying it

- most idols should be actors or models rather than singers/dancers (like jennie lol)

- amber is my least favourite member of f(x) because she seems really tacky. i love her personality and everything she stands for but she comes off as really tacky sometimes and i think her best era was 4 walls. her solos suck too sorry not sorry (and i'm saying this as a BIG fan of f(x))

- i also feel the same way about key's solo (a BIG BIG BIG shawol here!!!) i think it was really underwhelming and that he was trying too hard to create a "unique fashion" image. key is sooooo freaking talented but his songs and mvs were really cringey to me :-)

- people into kpop/celebrities in general should be more forgiving. i hate to see x is cancelled because of y. celebrities are human, they make mistakes but they don't have the privilege of keeping those mistakes private. we should work on being more forgiving because i think its insane when people hate on people for doing something out of line. cut them some slack for crying out loud (not referring to seungri though, those kinds of things are unacceptable and he deserves to be punished for his actions along with all the other people involved with spy cameras...absolutely disgusting and inhumane)

Edit: adding a bit more

- i hate kpop accounts on instagram, they literally take screens shots from twitter and post them on ig. just make a twitter account omg...

- i dont think international fans should re-edit whitewashed pictures if they have no proof of what the celebrities' real skin tone is. darkening skin colour is the same as lightening it :-/

- dyed hair looks sooo nasty irl if its been done too many times. some idols should take a looong break (like jinsoul!!! i love loona and jinsoul but please girl...your hair has lost all of its beautiful volume and texture) but i guess it makes sense why a lot of idols have to depend on colourful hair...since they lack in a lot of other things (again, sorry not sorry) 

Edited by Apple

Posted

As an avid Jpop listener, I absolutely hate Japanese versions of Kpop. It sounds so out of place imo. I understand they're targetting Japanese kpop fans so the sound and everything needs to be the same but it honestly ends up sounding so bad because Japanese and Korean pronunciation is not the same so the flow of the song ends up sounding weird. 

I also don't understand why companies even bother releasing Japanese versions of Kpop songs since most of my Japanese friends who like Kpop simply listen to the Korean version instead and don't bother much with the Japanese versions.

Yes!! Every Kpop Star who’s released Japanese versions the music sounds so weird and out of place the only person that can really pull it off is BoA

Posted (edited)

Yes!! Every Kpop Star who’s released Japanese versions the music sounds so weird and out of place the only person that can really pull it off is BoA

- boa is surprisingly underrated internationally? like idk about south korea but no one ever talks about her in north america despite her being one of the most talented performers out there 

edit: and i totally agree, boa has the best japanese tracks along with shinee

Edited by Apple

Posted (edited)

Edited by lightning

Posted (edited)

Bon Bon Chocolat is catchy as hell but Everglow looked so awkward in the MV to me? Maybe they aren't comfortable in front of the camera yet, but I'm used to "girl crush" groups serving face and attitude and it seemed like they were directed to stay pretty for the camera above having personality imo. 

Edited by cocoaqueen