• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6771 posts in this topic

Posted

For example, I really enjoy SEVENTEEN'S old music like Mansae, Pretty U, etc. Ever since 'Don't wanna cry,' the only song I've liked of theirs that is recent is Clap. The rest has just been..not my taste. Hell, BTS has good music but sometimes I just can't bring myself to say I like songs like DNA and such.

i feel this. i'm not much of a fan of Oh My and Home tbh... (tho i'm glad they got lots of win with Home). I prefer their recent side tracks over their title tracks;;;;;;;;; Aju Nice will always be the superior SVT song for me 

Posted (edited)

when will music companies realize that it's fucked up to debut people that haven't even graduated high school yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ to add onto that imo survival shows should have a minimum age for contestants because seeing 96 liners be the oldest members of the show is kind of discomforting and I think most survival shows should be tailored to trainees in their mid-teens to twenties, not early teens, the process is very laborious and it's not good for kids who've literally just started puberty to be on rigorous survival shows that are even more stressful than training

age range for survival shows should be 5-8 years between oldest contestants and youngest contestants, not 10-15, so like 1994-2002 liners as an example range instead of 1993-2005 liners please. 2005 liners make me sooo uncomfortable to see competing alongside people who are already grown adults, specially in the case of ygs treasure box show where you could see the 05 line boys looked 13 years old compared to the 18-19 year old 99-00 line boys...  and don't get me started on produce 48 where wonyoung and yujin who I still think are too young to be debuting kept being shoehorned into the sexy concept box despite being middle school kids no no no no

Edited by lowblow

Posted

i love choi hyunsuk don't get me wrong but i felt like he was just shoved into treasure. like compared to the rest of the boys, he just stands out in an odd way imo. i believe because treasure's concept and image might be like flower boy or bubblegum-pop?? hyunsuk doesn't strike me as that and possibly suits magnum's image more - darker hip-hop style i'm assuming. but for all we know, treasure might have the darker image while magnum are the flower boys.

also yg pulling an exo is interesting. i wonder how that will turn out - even though he said treasure 13 are only getting together during debut and then going their separate ways. 

Posted

I do feel like Mamamoo’s music before the whole four seasons era was kinda messy and you’d have to have a feel for that sort of music to get into them but I feel like this whole entire era put them in a better direction for their music..... four seasons era gave us some of the best tracks Mamamoo has to offer.... I’m excited for what they have in store after this

Posted

My unpopular opinion: I honestly dislike the way that kpop is progressing as a whole??

I started listening to Kpop in 2014-2016, and I love the feel and sound most of the groups had at the time. But now it's getting super westernized and it sounds too similar to the music here in the US that I really don't enjoy. My music taste is kind of weird and I don't consider myself a kpop stan anymore because of how the majority of groups are sounding lately.

For example, I really enjoy SEVENTEEN'S old music like Mansae, Pretty U, etc. Ever since 'Don't wanna cry,' the only song I've liked of theirs that is recent is Clap. The rest has just been..not my taste. Hell, BTS has good music but sometimes I just can't bring myself to say I like songs like DNA and such.

Kpop has always been westernised though, if we’re being honest here

Posted

All these SUJU stans boasting about how clean their oppas images are compared to Seungri's on tumblr, that's not setting the bar high to begin with and let's not forget that some SUJU members: sexually assualted a woman in her bed in a resort, Fatshamed women, Threw a cake in boas face then when she got mad sent his fans to attack her online, Outted onew and taeyeon on his public blog with depression and Made racist/sexist comments. Like wow good for you guys your favs are somewhat less shittier than a a sexual predator and a pimp, what do you want a fucking cookie?

Posted

All these SUJU stans boasting about how clean their oppas images are compared to Seungri's on tumblr, that's not setting the bar high to begin with and let's not forget that some SUJU members: sexually assualted a woman in her bed in a resort, Fatshamed women, Threw a cake in boas face then when she got mad sent his fans to attack her online, Outted onew and taeyeon on his public blog with depression and Made racist/sexist comments. Like wow good for you guys your favs are somewhat less shittier than a a sexual predator and a pimp, what do you want a fucking cookie?

Not trying to WK but wasn't it Minho who threw a cake on BoA's face tho?

Posted

Not trying to WK but wasn't it Minho who threw a cake on BoA's face tho?

Yeah it was Minho: https://forevershiningshinee.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/minho-throwing-a-cake-on-boas-face/

I couldn't find anything else relating to the cake thing for Suju besides their own members lol. 

Hey I was wondering if you had a link or something about the sexual assault case because I couldn't find it. I'm not trying to WK or anything because even I don't like most of the members and I'm a fan of their music.

I will say that I think the whole Seungri case kinda brought the worst in people, like the idols and the fans. The Suju fans shouldn't be as defensive as they are every time something comes up and people want to get a go at SJ. I'm surprised fans would boast about them like that since everyone knows their rep, they must be delulu. They are men that worked themselves up from nothing, they can handle themselves. Like most of those men are not clean in the slightest. I can literally point out at least 3 members that are making that most controversy. If those 3 were to leave, the group would honestly have a better rep. Fans in general shouldn't be blaming random men left and right just because they are unlikable, that just cause unnecessary chaos. 

Honestly I feel like I'm watching some weird witch hunt, but like, shittier.

I should also mention that the Suju fan group is like the most chaotic kpop fangroup I've ever seen (including bts). Like if you ever wanted to see a group that feels like they are a just devoted circus monkeys to their fans, this group is the one :(

Posted

why do these fans think that their idols don't have any flaws? that they wouldn't do such a thing like sexually assualted women, fatshamed women etc. are they that delusional?

Posted

why do these fans think that their idols don't have any flaws? that they wouldn't do such a thing like sexually assualted women, fatshamed women etc. are they that delusional?

I don’t really know anything about SUJU so I can’t comment on that directly but I feel like there’s a difference betweeen expecting your idols to have flaws and thinking that they’ve probably assaulted women. I don’t think anyone assumes the latter.

Posted

1552906234619.thumb.png.7a3ac960f3819472

i have no words. this whole shit show is just...wild.

Posted

I'm tired of people commenting on Park Bom's face. We get it, she's a "Gangnam unnie," but she's literally had work done for so long and harsh comments on her face lead her to that point in the first place. Fan or not it's like getting old to me regardless, especially when almost every idol has had work done, even if their changes were not as drastic. 

Posted

1552906234619.thumb.png.7a3ac960f3819472

i have no words. this whole shit show is just...wild.

excuse me..........WHY do this? the situation with seungri right now isn't really positive. I know he's not arrested yet and proven guilty by a court of law but this just reads uncomfortable and insensitive

Posted

I'm tired of people commenting on Park Bom's face. We get it, she's a "Gangnam unnie," but she's literally had work done for so long and harsh comments on her face lead her to that point in the first place. Fan or not it's like getting old to me regardless, especially when almost every idol has had work done, even if their changes were not as drastic. 

People used to call her ugly way before she even got surgery and only started to call her natural face pretty once she changed so much. It’s absolutely disgusting.

Posted

i legit feel bad for her...YG really fucked 2ne1 over so badly. I'm glad she at least got to make another song, do what she likes. Also, yeah we can all see her face barely moves but when someone tells you 24/7 that you're ugly and worthless i guess shit like this is bound to happen. people are so insensitive it's disgusting. 

excuse me..........WHY do this? the situation with seungri right now isn't really positive. I know he's not arrested yet and proven guilty by a court of law but this just reads uncomfortable and insensitive

i have no idea. like, i can't believe people are still defending him after so many crap surfaced. beyond gross.