• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8338 posts in this topic

Posted

To my surprise, a lot of people think that Big Bang can resume as a group if they kick Seungri out. It might be possible for TOP to return to the industry, but maybe not with BB. All of these controversies with Seungri gives a negative connotation to BB, especially those who has faced controversy before e.g. TOP. So maybe it is smarter of him to reinvent his image, instead of keeping the negative connotation if he continues w/ BB.  

Also, I feel like G-dragon, Daesung and Taeyang would have a weird dynamic if they were to continue to promote as Big Bang.

Posted

Lol at kpop idols unfollowing seungri now when its a well known open secret in and out of the industry that he has been doing this for ages. 

Naeyeon seems like she dislikes all of the twice members..... 

Posted

honestly can’t wait till they reveal the names of the other people involved. my teacup is gonna overflow !!!!!

Posted

I think it’s a comforting display of human empathy when people care about justice in situations that don’t directly affect them. Why would you be annoyed that people care?

if i misunderstood what you were saying then I apologise

oh it's just that, from what i saw, people were mostly uh...more interested in dragging celebs instead of worrying about the victims. and then on the other hand you had people who were STILL defending them, despite all the shit that was being translated from Korean sites. 

like, i dunno, i feel like a lot of intl fans aren't informed enough yet act as if they know everything i guess? kinda wish more of them would focus on getting to the bottom of this and helping the victims instead of just caring about the idols. 

(i hope that makes sense, i am super bad with expressing myself in english today idk why lol)

Posted

Damn I kinda wish Zico didn't get pulled into the whole Seungri thing. Like I always saw him as a bit slimy and I didn't really like him but still, that dude was innocent... People don't deserve their name being pulled through dirt when they didn't do anything wrong.

It was just proven that Zico had no awareness of what was going on and wasn't even in contact with the group of people for multiple years. There wasn't even any investigation towards him and he wasn't in the chat, so people are just coming after him just because they don't like him. 

Now bitches like JJY, that bitch looked and is slimy. He didn't even regret what he did>:(

Posted

Heh, D.O might leave EXO. I was shocked but now that I think about it, he's got a career in acting and maybe that's just what he prefers over singing. I was sure someone like sehun or xiumin would leave first but I don't think they have a lot outside of EXO.

Posted

oh it's just that, from what i saw, people were mostly uh...more interested in dragging celebs instead of worrying about the victims. and then on the other hand you had people who were STILL defending them, despite all the shit that was being translated from Korean sites. 

like, i dunno, i feel like a lot of intl fans aren't informed enough yet act as if they know everything i guess? kinda wish more of them would focus on getting to the bottom of this and helping the victims instead of just caring about the idols. 

(i hope that makes sense, i am super bad with expressing myself in english today idk why lol)

fair enough, that makes sense. I’ve seen a couple of ppl here being all ‘my gosh, the TEA’ and to those people I say.... please give your energy and attention to something else. Women aren’t being assaulted for your entertainment.

i guess it just depends where you’re looking for your reactions because I’ve mostly seen people feeling awful for the victims and fearful for the reporters potentially risking their safety to expose the higher-ups. There are always going to be some ppl on the internet that seem to treat everything like a joke though.

Posted

I'm surprised chen and Xiumin haven't dipped from exo by now.

Posted

Why? Did something happen to them?

Posted

Heh, D.O might leave EXO. I was shocked but now that I think about it, he's got a career in acting and maybe that's just what he prefers over singing. I was sure someone like sehun or xiumin would leave first but I don't think they have a lot outside of EXO.

sm denied it, he isnt leaving

Posted

im not really catched up, what happened with gd & seungri/why is bigbang in a scandal? ive only heard something about seungris club but why did someone boring gd up also  

(seungri is retiring from the entertaiment industry and big bang) 

heres a thread that explains most of the things that went down https://twitter.com/k_fact_/status/1105161400484212736?s=21

Posted

Off topic but I felt like Park Bom’s comeback EP was a bit underwhelming (probably cause I only listened to it once) but I’m also really happy she’s doing music again. 

Posted

do you mean you think Xiumin would step awa y from entertainment altogether? I don’t know how it actually is in korea but I always got the impression that he was most well-known as a part of Exo rather than on his own. Don’t know if that made any sense sorry but basically I’m saying - is he one of the more popular members or nah?

Chen, on the other hand, does a lot of OSTs and stuff so I could see him being a solo act.

Posted (edited)

fair enough, that makes sense. I’ve seen a couple of ppl here being all ‘my gosh, the TEA’ and to those people I say.... please give your energy and attention to something else

i guess it just depends where you’re looking for your reactions because I’ve mostly seen people feeling awful for the victims and fearful for the reporters potentially risking their safety to expose the higher-ups. There are always going to be some ppl on the internet that seem to treat everything like a joke though.

in no way was “tea” referring to women who got assaulted, lmao 

the tea is the other scumbag men who are going to be exposed for being involved in those group chats, acting like raping women and filming sex without the woman’s consent is a game

i just can’t wait till their career gets destroyed, thats what they get honestly 

Edited by Neglected

Posted

Chen is getting a solo soon actually I think.

Also, I forgot who mentioned it, but I also thought Jennie's solo was underwhelming and yeah, sure, she may have looked more vibrant on stage, but...that may or may not have been because she got the spotlight..? I mean, even when Beyonce went solo, yes she performed her ass off...but she did just the same when she was in a group, not the other way around (I don't even stan Beyonce, but I can't deny her work ethic). Or even a closer example would be CL. CL would perform her tail off in 2NE1 AND while solo. I'm not trying to be harsh on Jennie or lift other artists up to put her down, but I just don't see the point in giving her a pass for performing "better" while solo. I personally found "Twit" by Hwasa to be a better solo song or "Noir" and I wish I was as impressed with "Solo" since Jennie gets so much hype.

I really liked Bom's comeback single, but I feel like I could tell that she can't annunciate her words like she used to and they tried to fix it in production. Her diction sounded off, but maybe it was just me?

I adore Chungha but babygirl cannot twerk and I don't know why variety shows kept telling her to. She seemed to have fun though. 

As much as I want Amber to make it big, idk if she will ever be as big as she was in her prime f(x) days.

Jackson's raspy rapping voice seems SO forced and I don't like the sound of it at all. 

To the person who mentioned Jay Park being better with RnB, ABSOLUTELY. Tbh, I miss "Joah" era Jay Park. I thought he was adorable then and truly gave his heart to that song, plus his high notes in the end put me in my feelings. After that, idk, he kinda fell off for me. 

I actually can't stand looking at old kpop vids sometimes because I love it at first but then it makes really sad. 

The scandal regarding Seungri makes me feel sick and I really hope the victims find peace. Not an unpopular opinion (I would hope), but I feel like it needs to be said.