• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

3312 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

long rant ahead about seungri’s cases

i don’t know if i’m being a ~true fan~ like others that believe that he is innocent. but i stand firm that i want seungri to be punished aka retiring because of what he has done. if he is innocent, he wouldn’t retire but instead he could ask everyone to support him during the investigation and stand together with him that he is not guilty. btw i saw someone posted that he retired because “hE’s TiReD oF eVeRyOnE’s JuDgEmEnTaL aSs” that he’s guilty, and i feel like they’re being sarcastic or just too delusional up his ass. i mean, come on!!! his charges are drug, prostitution, and corruption, they’re like by far some of the worst crimes. there’s like ten confirmed victims already and everyone’s busy protecting their uwu oppa and his career?? if you are supportive, don’t support of him by believing that he is innocent in his charges, support him of his decision to retire and believe that he learnt his lesson

anyeays even though i also love JJY and has been an avid fan for years, i still can’t believe that he was among ones who shared the footages among the celebrities. but didn’t he learnt his lesson after the scandal with his ex-girlfriend? like i’m so heartbroken that he still continued to do sleazy greasy stuff behind everyone’s back.

edit: also i believe most of pull users are very mature and understanding, i’m still wondering if this is true, please read this

https://twitter.com/k_fact_/status/1105161400484212736

Edited by Eeyore

Posted

Reading comments on international coverage of Seungri's scandals feels like looking at Vic Mignogna's Rosembool Rangers rant all over again lol. People keeps spamming out "Innocent until proven guilty!" but have they ever considers why majority of k-netizens supports his interrogation or something...

lmao I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw resemblances to Vic's case with him. BB is one of the few male groups I've bothered to care about more than casually alongside SM's boygroups and I am particularly fond of TOP, but there is nothing coming out of this that methinks is going to make Seungri look better and I have little qualms with him leaving the industry and being given jail time- what he's involved in is despicable and there's no amount of MY OPPAR NEVER DID THAT thats gonna convince me he's not guilty- the evidence overwhelmingly is stacked up against him and his peers. fuck the fate of BB when they're probably gonna be done soon anyway, justice should be served

every fucking time someone gets implicated in cases like these it's always the same rehashing of the MY FAV WOULD NEVER DO THAT crap

I hope he is punished and I hope they reveal who all the others in the group chat are including the politicians who are involved, I know they've already revealed multiple names- because I don't think after this the politicians involved should still be in office. please don't just kick the kpop stars out of the industry, also make sure to implicate the businessmen, CEOs, politicians and all the other creeps who hold positions of power. They need to be taken down too.

i love k-pop but the recent swell of scandals like this and the sopa student scandal remind me how ass backwards korean culture is capable of being

Posted

long rant ahead about seungri’s cases

Hidden Content

edit: also i believe most of pull users are very mature and understanding, i’m still wondering if this is true, please read this

https://twitter.com/k_fact_/status/1105161400484212736

This is fascinating, thanks for sharing.  It sounds like a real life korean drama. 

Posted

i am honestly tired of intl fans being super passionate about the whole thing when they literally don't have access to half of the information the koreans do. 

also, i just hope this whole thing doesn't get swept under the rug once the celebrities are convicted or not.

Posted

The fact people think Seungri is getting “bullied” and are somehow comparing this situation to Jonghyun’s passing is mind blowing to me 

Posted

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when people keep saying this is like a Korean drama. Like, yes, some drama plots focus on corruption and this case is seriously corrupt. But, I just think it’s unnecessary. I feel like it’s belittling it in a way... 

Posted

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when people keep saying this is like a Korean drama. Like, yes, some drama plots focus on corruption and this case is seriously corrupt. But, I just think it’s unnecessary. I feel like it’s belittling it in a way... 

was thinking the same thing. dramas are entertainment and this situation is a real thing involving real people, and it's a horrifying one to say the least. comparing it to a drama is kind of insensitive imo

Posted (edited)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1309816wpp/jung-joon-young-admits-to-crimes-in-letter-of-apology 

Has anyone seen the videos of him arriving at the airport and getting swarmed by press? 

i’ve saw the video at the airport and he’s looking so lifeless while being swarmed. the fact that the security guards were pushing all the reporters shows how serious these cases are...

i really liked him for years but i honestly don’t agree of him sharing the illegal footage but damn it’s so heart wrenching and disappointed to see him turn into a criminal. but i’m about pissed at how some people are harassing him on ig comments when they just jumped on the bandwagon to defame him lol?? 

Edited by Eeyore

Posted

i’ve saw the video at the airport and he’s looking so lifeless while being swarmed. the fact that the security guards were pushing all the reporters shows how serious these cases are...

i really liked him for years but i honestly don’t agree of him sharing the illegal footage but damn it’s so heart wrenching and disappointed to see him turn into a criminal. 

ps: roy kim unfollowed him on ig too

I was also a fan of his and it kinda shows how little do we really know about idols.

Posted

i am honestly tired of intl fans being super passionate about the whole thing when they literally don't have access to half of the information the koreans do. 

also, i just hope this whole thing doesn't get swept under the rug once the celebrities are convicted or not.

I think it’s a comforting display of human empathy when people care about justice in situations that don’t directly affect them. Why would you be annoyed that people care?

if i misunderstood what you were saying then I apologise

Posted

I was also a fan of his and it kinda shows how little do we really know about idols.

I end up going off topic.

I'm not really a huge fan of k-pop. I don't really listen to it much but I do like to keep up with the current affairs in the industry (yes my nosiness does extend to other cultures) But I mean it can't be THAT big of a shock that we, the consumers, know so little about 'idols'. I agree that the seungri case is indeed shocking in that it shows how despicable individuals can be. The sad truth of the matter as stated by the twitter user in the link of the first post of this page. There are probably more 'idols' and political figures involved in this. This case just highlights how what we are shown will never be the WHOLE truth (there is truth in the 'persona' that they show us) but realistically they are just human. They also will have darker feelings from time to time but end up having to hide it behind a facade of happiness due to the k-pop industry demanding so. I do think that both international and domestic fans of k-pop should be more understanding and allow these 'idols' more space to breathe (such as not making a HUGE fuss whenever someone dates someone) I think that's why I am a little more accepting of Hollywood as most fans are more lenient on celebrities and will accept them even if they are being douches.

Posted

To my surprise, a lot of people think that Big Bang can resume as a group if they kick Seungri out. It might be possible for TOP to return to the industry, but maybe not with BB. All of these controversies with Seungri gives a negative connotation to BB, especially those who has faced controversy before e.g. TOP. So maybe it is smarter of him to reinvent his image, instead of keeping the negative connotation if he continues w/ BB.  

Also, I feel like G-dragon, Daesung and Taeyang would have a weird dynamic if they were to continue to promote as Big Bang.

Posted

Lol at kpop idols unfollowing seungri now when its a well known open secret in and out of the industry that he has been doing this for ages. 

Naeyeon seems like she dislikes all of the twice members..... 

Posted

honestly can’t wait till they reveal the names of the other people involved. my teacup is gonna overflow !!!!!