• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

5296 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As a girl I prefer girl groups over boy groups. I can find myself listening to boy group tracks and albums, particularly from SM ent, but I won't find myself really stanning them very hardcore or checking up on news about them. I have always been a girlgroup stan through and through.

Not really into BTS, see the above for reference, but I think RM is attractive and has very nice legs.

I wish SM ent would announce that f(x) is dead, they're never going to give us a comeback. Leading everyone on with false hope is sad.

I feel bad for Huh Yunjin and Lee Kaeun of PLEDIS. Kaeun has been fucked over by the company for years and Yunjin really chose the wrong entertainment company to join considering the history of treatment with PLEDIS and their girlgroups. I also feel so bad for PRISTIN and the rest of AS's talent being wasted, Kaeun and E-Young barely had time in AS before they effectively went on perma hiatus and they never really got to showcase their talents. The girls outside of V in pristin had no promotional time last year, and they probably will have none this year. The kyla situation is denied repeatedly, no one will clarify what is going on. I can understand why PLEDIS group stans domestically and internationally are fed up with them.

I feel bad for Yunjin's future, she's still very young and she has a chance to get out, but I doubt she will. She is an impressive singer at a very young age, she's honed her skills, she's done fucking opera, she's pretty, she can dance, she's bilingual! I feel like it's such a waste allowing her to rot at PLEDIS. Kaeun much as I love her was slandered for being one of the oldest members of the PD48 cast, and it saddens me to say that she'll soon be "ancient auntie" (god, I hate the korean public and their obsession with ageism) material in crazy people's eyes, it's not her damn fault she never got exposure in her own group before she hit her twenties and it's not her fault she was stuck in the dungeon for so many years (although if you review AS's japanese material they gave her better line distribution in their japanese releases, due to her japanese fluency i'm guessing, she has a nice voice, I wish they utilized her when the group was still active instead of giving her less than 5 lines per korean title track). I am glad that PLEDIS provided both girls exposure by allowing them on produce 48 but i feel like in the end it didn't benefit them when the company will shelve both kaeun and yunjin in the dungeon. Meanwhile I don't even want to touch their other messes with a ten ft pole. Treat ur fucking artists better PLEDIS, don't waste their talent.

YG is honestly such a creep and I'm tired of people defending him. He treats his idols terribly. He's forgotten how to fucking promote them. BP doesn't even have a full album out yet. There is a reason YG is the only company of the Big 3 who's suffering on a musical level, YG is a shithead. SM and JYP at least know how to manage their golden cash cows while YG expectedly has tiny teeny promotion cycles and then proceeds to make most of his money by pimping BP out for CF's. Give the girls some stage time.

Speaking of bad decisions, why of all BP's members why did YG give the first solo to jennie? Sure she's fine but Lisa or Rose have more unique voices and presence than her. Jennie for me is just kind of that overrated member, she is very pretty and does a decent job... but she's nothing that special... and I feel like she's gotten soft because of either YG giving her favoritism or some kind of other debacle that's demoralized her. Either way, Rose or Lisa should've gotten first solo. And Lisa needs to sing more, her voice shouldn't be only in the rapping sections. She can sing fine.

Edited by lowblow

Posted

People still stan Longguo after all the shit that was found on his private IG? On top of that, still ship him with Hyunbin after all the shit he did towards Hyunbin??

that's just messed up. i feel bad for hyunbin, longguo's former pet cat rucy and whoever got dragged into this mess.

Posted

that's just messed up. i feel bad for hyunbin, longguo's former pet cat rucy and whoever got dragged into this mess.

He's somehow forgiven because he apologised 🤷🏻‍♀️ What he did to Hyunbin was practically psychotic, I don't know how you can still think they're some cute ship. Don't even get me started on the whole mess with his cats.

Posted

OT: does anyone find the number of k-pop group members to be distracting sometimes or is it just me? i can hardly follow when the group has 7 members dancing together. Also, it is baffling how fans can remember the names of the members they like.

Posted

Hidden Content

i feel u. groups like seventeen/loona, it’s hard for me to focus when there are like 10+ people switch around every five seconds, it’s annoying. i can’t be bothered to learn all the names either, too much work zzzz

Posted

Speaking of bad decisions, why of all BP's members why did YG give the first solo to jennie? Sure she's fine but Lisa or Rose have more unique voices and presence than her. Jennie for me is just kind of that overrated member, she is very pretty and does a decent job... but she's nothing that special... and I feel like she's gotten soft because of either YG giving her favoritism or some kind of other debacle that's demoralized her. Either way, Rose or Lisa should've gotten first solo. And Lisa needs to sing more, her voice shouldn't be only in the rapping sections. She can sing fine.

ugh i agree with you abt lisa needing to sing more. when i first listened to playing with fire, i was amazed by her voice. it was clear and pretty!!! lol i'm bad at describing voices but, it sounded so DAMN NICE. i want to hear her sing more!!! 

Posted

the fact that produce x 101 introduced us a rank below F called "Rank X" is so weird like getting F wasn't embarrassing enough for these boys.

oh god, make it stop already :alpacaworry2: also the new produce contract is gonna be 5 (?) years or something... honestly if i would manage a kpop company i wouldnt send my trainees/already debuted idols(this will cause the idol either missing so much comebacks of their previous group and/or being way too overworked..) there no matter how much 'exposure' they could get

also bts fans losing their shit over the fact that jk called himself hyung (which he, in fact is to the txt boys) on twitter.. im sorry but i find it a bit cringy, you would think he was like 12 but he's over 20 :alpacadone:

Posted

I said TXT album wasn't that impressive but damn,,,,,why all of the songs are stuck in my head now :alpacadone:

Posted

ugh i agree with you abt lisa needing to sing more. when i first listened to playing with fire, i was amazed by her voice. it was clear and pretty!!! lol i'm bad at describing voices but, it sounded so DAMN NICE. i want to hear her sing more!!! 

I get what you mean! I think Lisa's voice is so clear and pretty too, her voice was the most captivating one for me in Whistle. I hope she gets to sing more. 

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

I wish they picked a few talented members for groups and focused on their training rather than put 7+ people when half of them will have no singing skills or stage presence. From all the huge groups I know I only feel like Seventeen is managed well (by themselves probably, not by Pledis lol), maybe Twice (I just don't know enough about them) but it's still distracting. The music also turns out to be messy because everybody needs a line and it's unlikely that all the idols' voices you gathered will sound harmonious together. Companies give all the idols their own image that they're supposed to stick to but when there's so many people, half of them get lost, especially when the company or the idol couldn't make up an interesting personality. The chemistry between the members is also affected by this, the competition is higher.

My favorite group is still NCT but it's such a mess, they're not doing that good and I'm afraid they'll fail and most members won't get the possibilities they deserve. I can't help but think that taking in foreign members is SM's way of saving money because they can be paid less. If SM ruins Wayv without promoting them properly, I'll be so disappointed (but not surprised).

Edited by Lalalana

Posted

-I thought I'd like Z-girls more, but something seems missing from their overall sound to make them stand out a bit more. Although their concept is interesting at first. I plan to casually follow I guess to see where I go.  

-I really want to hear more vocal coaches with unbiased opinions on kpop singers' song on youtube, but I know that's not quite possible in the current climate. Even the very few who are somewhat critical have a petty habit of exaggerating just for the sake of getting certain fans upset so idk anymore.  Although I'm not an expert myself, I have been involved with different chorus' growing up. Which means I can tell when a vocal coach is actually being helpful when complimenting or giving advice on certain singing techniques. Or proper advice when its obvious someone's life choices are affecting their singing in a bad way that can cause permanent damage if not remedied asap. Like I said though, it seems many now are afraid to upset fans even if what they are saying is correct. 

-I'm pretty much so over people constantly covering for a company's obviously questionable, fake or inhumane decisions over time. Sure, a company is a company that does things to make money.  However, that doesn't excuse a lot of things. It's understandable people don't want to upset the group they like when they see fans complain. Some things should be said and seen unfortunately for things to get better.  Even the old excuse, "well why would they sign with that company again if they don't like how they're being treated?", doesn't make sense to say. Especially when so many groups in kpop have resigned with a company that treated them badly all the time behind the scenes or out in the open, only for things to get worse for them the longer they've stayed. Fans and the company hiding it doesn't help anyone involved. The more that's covered up the worse it looks, so there's no point in doing that. 

Posted

I get what you mean! I think Lisa's voice is so clear and pretty too, her voice was the most captivating one for me in Whistle. I hope she gets to sing more. 

yes i agree. i really like lisa's voice and i really wish she could sing more, i like when she raps too.

also bts fans losing their shit over the fact that jk called himself hyung (which he, in fact is to the txt boys) on twitter.. im sorry but i find it a bit cringy, you would think he was like 12 but he's over 20 :alpacadone:

i think the fans are used to JK being the maknae of a boygroup (fans babying him too) from BigHit but now that there is a new boygroup that recently debuted who is much younger than him they are still adjusting to the fact he isn't the youngest anymore. idk just my opinion.

Posted

I wish they picked a few talented members for groups and focused on their training rather than put 7+ people when half of them will have no singing skills or stage presence. From all the huge groups I know I only feel like Seventeen is managed well (by themselves probably, not by Pledis lol), maybe Twice (I just don't know enough about them) but it's still distracting. The music also turns out to be messy because everybody needs a line and it's unlikely that all the idols' voices you gathered will sound harmonious together. Companies give all the idols their own image that they're supposed to stick to but when there's so many people, half of them get lost, especially when the company or the idol couldn't make up an interesting personality. The chemistry between the members is also affected by this, the competition is higher.
My favorite group is still NCT but it's such a mess, they're not doing that good and I'm afraid they'll fail and most members won't get the possibilities they deserve. I can't help but think that taking in foreign members is SM's way of saving money because they can be paid less. If SM ruins Wayv without promoting them properly, I'll be so disappointed (but not surprised).

been a fan of TVXQ back in the day and from what I witnessed SM is the worst company out there (as far as I know). They would definitely prioritise money over anything else. I didn't like when the members split, it is like a part of the original group's chemistry is gone. I second that it is for money.

Posted

i think rappers should sing more lol. other than lisa, LE also has a good and unique singing voice. 
as a carat, i wanna hear cheol sing more too (lol. maybe i'm just not...paying attention much to him but slssksks it still blows me away when i hear him sing and not rap for once)

Posted

i haven’t watched their vids but have seen stills from it so that’s my only source. I agree that Hueningkai looks...off. Even tho yeah he is quite a looker but something is unsettling about his face? His profile is gorgeous but certain angles (straight to the camera esp) low-key reminds me of a Facetuned Edward avila. That hair is not doing Hueningkai’s face any favors.

He looks like Finn Wolfhard in my opinion! he's cute :alpacacrush: