• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

4398 posts in this topic

Posted

theory 1: JYP is really set on making Izty the rival of BlackPink, so that includes their luxury brand stage costumes

theory 2: maybe twice and itzy have the same budget for their costumes? Makes sense that you could buy more expensive ones for just 5 members opposed to 9.

theory 3: slightly connected to my second theory about having the same budget BUT maybe because twice has more appearances on stage (concerts included) they have to stretch out that budget in the best way possible. Compared to Itzy who is mainly appearing on music programs.

bottomline is, i think F21 and other fast fashion clothing is more on brand with Twice’s image as the girl-next-door type. It’s makes them more approachable than someone decked out in designer brands

i haven’t watched their vids but have seen stills from it so that’s my only source. I agree that Hueningkai looks...off. Even tho yeah he is quite a looker but something is unsettling about his face? His profile is gorgeous but certain angles (straight to the camera esp) low-key reminds me of a Facetuned Edward avila. That hair is not doing Hueningkai’s face any favors.

On the clothing thing of Itzy and Twice, maybe this has also something to do with how the company works. I don't know if any of you watched that tedtalk/steve jobs type of video JYP made a while back and I won't be able to explain this accurately but, basically Twice is managed by their own team or mini company. I assume Itzy has their own team or mini company behind them as well that basically manages and does everything.

people nitpicking on appearances of idols who are minors are gross. next.

I didn't know he was only 16. I'm sorry about what I said that wasn't right.

Posted (edited)

Gray makes one of the best beats in the korean music industry why are people only acknowledging him because of his visuals? he ain't just a pretty face.

do you know what country they’re from? s.korea. and do you know what they obsess about? looks. i feel like people could care less about how many great beats you make if you’re ugly. k-nets will bully people that don’t fit their sTaNdaRds oF bEaUtY. 

Edited by Neglected

Posted

I'm sick of Red Velvet's coordis. SM must be running out of resources with all that money they're using to spy on their idols. Red Velvet has charms and looks, but they still dress them in the ugliest rattiest ass shit I've ever witnessed in my life. They dress them in clothes not fitting to their body types, and they look super weird but when they dressed SNSD, they made them all look like they had body when they have little to no curves (which is fine, but it's just an example of them PROPERLY dressing idols to their bodies), Why can't they do it for Red Velvet?

YG is a dumbass, he wants to start BP with major tours like they're a top star in America, why can't he pace himself?? I'm not an anti of BP, I actually like Rose (sorry can't do that accented e on the laptop) and Lalisa, but YG is a big liar. They haven't sold out their 60.000 tickets. Some tickets are being sold for as cheap as $30 right now. This causing hate to go to the girls when it should be going to YG for his inflation of tickets sold. Even my broke college friends can afford some of the tickets now, YG needs to start BP small, then build up to the major stadiums. Him rushing into things is the reason why CL, Lee HI, and other people in the dungeon aren't doing so hot. He needs to stop rushing them and be patient. YG (and PLEDIS) are the cause of their own future and current demise.

TXT's debut was cute but, it wasn't really amazing? I don't really understand the song. is it about a monster trying to find his other half? A horrible person trying to find his love? Like I'm very confused?? I don't really like the song much either. It just seems weird and not really my style. And as a dongsaeng group, of course they will be compared to BTS, but I didn't see anyone comparing in YT, I only saw the fans saying STOOPP YOURE COMPARING!!!11! NO COMPARISON! Like they belong to same company, of course people will say ohh~~ this is different from BTS, cool! or ohh~~~ this is similar to BTS, cool! NOt all comparisons are bad ones, some are innocent observations, these stans are getting so aggresive and it's only March oh ma gad please chill out a bit~ this isn't life or death~

OT:

(And to the people I know in real life who lurk in this thread and are the WORST types of stans, does this make me an UNnWoKe OpPaRR hATeRRzzzz?)

Posted

most idols have 0 stage presence

Posted

i am sure this is gonna be popular but YG deserves to spend some jail time for the taxes evasion. it would be a good pay back for all the scandals he's covered up in the past. he and his artists are associated with clubs that have track records of drugs gangs and sexual violence; instead of fixing the issue or disassociating himself with it he covered it up. 

*insert kim k here*

Posted (edited)

The rise of k-pop has made a lot of people obsess over anything Korean and display their gross fetishization towards Korean people. The fetishization of Asians in general is deeply disturbing and harmful. A lot of fans claim to be and pride themselves in being "woke" yet have never taken a good look in the mirror. They constantly infantilize and/or oversexualize their idols. I’ve been in several fandoms in the past, but the k-pop fandom as a whole has been the worst one I’ve been in. The obsession is on another level of crazy. For these reasons, I don’t get involved in its communities anymore and just listen to k-pop quietly.

Edited by lightning

Posted

the fact that produce x 101 introduced us a rank below F called "Rank X" is so weird like getting F wasn't embarrassing enough for these boys.

Posted

the fact that produce x 101 introduced us a rank below F called "Rank X" is so weird like getting F wasn't embarrassing enough for these boys.

WHAT? if i got x rank i'd literally want die why would they ever do that...

Posted

For a season called Produce X101 you might think that Rank X would've been the highest and yet...

Posted (edited)

For a season called Produce X101 you might think that Rank X would've been the highest and yet...

But that would be giving the Produce series credit for logic :D 

Edited by Senpai Trash

Posted

I think that some (well, most) people in the kpop community don’t understand that whether a song is good or not is subjective, not objective. It’s absolutely insane to see people fight and send death threats to people if they like a certain song/album/group’s music or vice versa... 

Posted (edited)

The rise of k-pop has made a lot of people obsess over anything Korean and display their gross fetishization towards Korean people. The fetishization of Asians in general is deeply disturbing and harmful. A lot of fans claim to be and pride themselves in being "woke" yet have never taken a good look in the mirror. They constantly infantilize and/or oversexualize their idols. I’ve been in several fandoms in the past, but the k-pop fandom as a whole has been the worst one I’ve been in. The obsession is on another level of crazy. For these reasons, I don’t get involved in its communities anymore and just listen to k-pop quietly.

That's right, they've taken the concept of 'fan' to a whole other level. Listening, watching perfs and attending concerts is one thing, writing fanfiction is bit too much. It's actually a bit tiring, pursuing your idols and keeping up with their whereabouts.

But I guess the good thing is that it gave tourism a huge boost. (Also, I'm awfully glad I didn't go Korea during my Kpop days or else I would've purchased lots of merch that would be sitting around now lol)

Edited by Zach08

Posted

I have a friend who is like that and every time we happen to see a Korean outside, she will go "he's korean" "look look, she's korean" "that guy is a korean". I haven't got the heart to tell her that nobody cares. 

Posted

I have a friend who is like that and every time we happen to see a Korean outside, she will go "he's korean" "look look, she's korean" "that guy is a korean". I haven't got the heart to tell her that nobody cares. 

don't forget the videos circulating a while back on snapchat where some koreaboo was filming and following a family at walmart.... all because they seemed to be koreans. 

i find that it's always been a coin toss for me when talking to kpop fans irl on whether or not they're the kind of weird, obsessive korean fetishists, but online its a little easier to just find a corner and stick to them. 

personally i feel that it's natural to get into aspects of korean culture after getting into kpop, such as the food or things like skincare. too many people cross the line into fetishization though, and it's beyond annoying to see that these kinds of people are usually the ones who are the loudest and get attention from non-kpop fans. 

Posted

People still stan Longguo after all the shit that was found on his private IG? On top of that, still ship him with Hyunbin after all the shit he did towards Hyunbin??

B2CE3CCE-65F4-4FF3-91F7-1CC4A4325D50.thu