• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6273 posts in this topic

Posted

I really like keys solo but compared to Taemins it seems like he gets the end of the stick. The MV was just a dance MV. I love Taemin to death but the favorism towards him and his solo stuff makes me sad.

At first I was excited that BTS is having a stadium tour, but after seeing the venue....you wont even be able to see the screens :( also instead of adding new countries to the back of the tour, why are they adding a second date to every venue :/

Posted

I always thought Luhan’s thing was looking like the most perfect normal guy ever. Like, he sort of looked like your average dude just...better? idk lol I can’t explain it but it’s kinda what I think about baekhyun too

Haha I guess like if Luhan walked into my uni class, he'd grab my attention xD 

Posted (edited)

Txt debut album is alright, not really impressive imo :alpacasad: All of the songs are good, but only because of certain parts. When I listen to the whole song, just doesn't really draw me in or anything. What caught my attention the most is their music video though. BigHit always seem to have such amazing creative/art directors for their works. I'm a sucker for the aesthetic :alpacasad: 

Sunmi's music never fails to amuse me. I feel like her music has its own style and that really shows in songs like gashina, siren, heroine. It's just so unique and really draws me in right away within my first listen :alpacacrush: Noir is a bop and the MV is on point.

Edited by glossyuga

Posted

1 txt's debut was ok?? i didnt like the mv that much but some parts were cute, the song itself was nothing special (havent listened to b-sides though) but i guess it will grow on me bc i mean it sounded nice despite being a little boring

2 sunmis noir: honestly sunmi really doesnt have a single bad song.. the mv was rly nice too!!! currently listening to the song for like the 100th time :alpacacrush:

3 speaking of debuts; the kpop industry is so oversaturdated (is that the correct word? lol) like theres so much debuts coming its overwhelming

(also juri (akb48 & if you watched produce48 she was there too) graduated and will be joining woolims upcoming gg :0 i was super shocked when i heard that lol) 

Posted

i really liked txt's debut tbh (probably because i'm a sucker for fresh concepts). the only thing that bothered me in the song was the excessive morse code during the bridge. i get that it's their thing but it was super messy imo. other than that, everything else was pretty good!

Posted (edited)

I see people sharing their opinions on TXT here already...

I'm a sucker for these types of concepts though so I really liked their music and performance. Also I think the whole story about the boy with horns and blah blah was very cute and I'm curious about how it will continue. So yeah, exciting times in k-pop land. 

Edited by Pastei
Made a comment I regret making

Posted

noir was really cool, it was dark and i’m into messed up shit :alpacacrush:

if anyone can make a gif of the beginning scene of her taking a selfie in front of the burning birthday cake hmu

Posted (edited)

- TXT’s debut wasn’t fantastic but it was pretty good. 

- I Wanna Be was a great song and Soyeon was a good addition to the song. I’m not a huge fan of Soyeon, but her rap fits the song perfectly. Aside from Soyeon, the dance looked fun and energetic, and Key looked like he was having a good time. 

- I’m kinda shook that Juri left AKB48 for Woollim. I really hope she succeeds in Korea, but she’ll probably get attacked for her gravure modeling. 

Edited by dustbin
spelling

Posted

TXT's debut is nothing special and I'm cringing at the comments that go along the lines of "didn't want to stan just because it was bighit, but after hearing their amazing and unique voices in this song that is the ambrosia of the heavens, TXT are my new gods" because honestly Crown is a basic song and the MV, to me, is nothing special (also was it just me or did they all sound vocally similar to one another??). Nothing we haven't seen from Dream, Astro, or The Boyz :/ hopefully they'll become more interesting as they grow. 

Posted

Honestly didn’t expect to like TXT at all but the song was pretty good and I liked the mv a lot. The choreo was cool too. It’s not really my style of music but it’s pretty catchy so I’ll probably end up listening to it a few more times just to get it out of my head lol 

poeple are DEFINITELY overhyping it though - it’s not particularly original or unique. I don’t get why everyone always needs to say how groundbreaking their faves are - it doesn’t matter if your music/concept is similar to others if you’re doing it well. 

Posted (edited)

why did jyp pay for good looking expensive clothes for itzy but buys tacky expensive clothes and forever 21 for twice? 

theory 1: JYP is really set on making Izty the rival of BlackPink, so that includes their luxury brand stage costumes

theory 2: maybe twice and itzy have the same budget for their costumes? Makes sense that you could buy more expensive ones for just 5 members opposed to 9.

theory 3: slightly connected to my second theory about having the same budget BUT maybe because twice has more appearances on stage (concerts included) they have to stretch out that budget in the best way possible. Compared to Itzy who is mainly appearing on music programs.

bottomline is, i think F21 and other fast fashion clothing is more on brand with Twice’s image as the girl-next-door type. It’s makes them more approachable than someone decked out in designer brands

I see people sharing their opinions on TXT here already...

I think this will truly be an unpopular opinon, I think Hueningkai looks slimey. He's good looking but something is turning me off for some reason. 

i haven’t watched their vids but have seen stills from it so that’s my only source. I agree that Hueningkai looks...off. Even tho yeah he is quite a looker but something is unsettling about his face? His profile is gorgeous but certain angles (straight to the camera esp) low-key reminds me of a Facetuned Edward avila. That hair is not doing Hueningkai’s face any favors.

Edited by Cinnamon crumpet

Posted

i haven’t watched their vids but have seen stills from it so that’s my only source. I agree that Hueningkai looks...off. Even tho yeah he is quite a looker but something is unsettling about his face? His profile is gorgeous but certain angles (straight to the camera esp) low-key reminds me of a Facetuned Edward avila. That hair is not doing Hueningkai’s face any favors.

I didn’t know which one he was so I looked it up and, well....you’re not wrong. I’m never gonna unsee this now so thanks for that 😅

I don’t really get the hype about his looks to be honest but then I don’t get it about Monsta X’s Hyungwon either and I guess he has the same type of look going on

Posted

I didn’t know which one he was so I looked it up and, well....you’re not wrong. I’m never gonna unsee this now so thanks for that 😅

I don’t really get the hype about his looks to be honest but then I don’t get it about Monsta X’s Hyungwon either and I guess he has the same type of look going on

I mean i also had to google it if my eyes were deceiving me and apparently someone else on onehallyu saw the resemblance way back in January. They pointed out that it’s because of the hair.

HEY BIGHIT YOU NEED TO CHANGE THIS KID’S HAIR ASAP. You would not want your supposed visual member to be compared to edweird, trust me

Posted

Gray makes one of the best beats in the korean music industry why are people only acknowledging him because of his visuals? he ain't just a pretty face.

he along with cha cha malone, groovyroom, boycold, woogie, divine channel, code kunst and giriboy imo make the best beats. just because i dont mention any other producers that doesnt mean i dont like their work. this is just my opinion and that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

the last thing we need is for this to be an ongoing discussion on who makes the best beats. 

Posted

people nitpicking on appearances of idols who are minors are gross. next.