• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

6273 posts in this topic

Posted

Senorita was such a letdown and I feel bad for thinking that since it’s Soyeon’s song :(

Posted

I'm iffy about Loona's debut on Japan sometime this year. They may have better chances there than in S. Korea but it's highly unlikely. I'd like them to prove me wrong but I feel it's better to tour around U.S.A or Brazil first than debut in a country where barely anyone even knows them. 

Posted

Yo sorry if its late can the person that has problems with Red Velvet just post it here lol it's like hyping up you got tea but you don't post any.

1) even though I'm a big fan of Sulli, I'm kind of salty, I mean... I'm happy she left due to her depression and mental health issues, however, the member who puts the least effort (understandably) gets to work with big brands like Estee Lauder while Amber and Luna gets left in the dust.

2) I really want Highlight (BEAST) to go into their dark concepts again... Their ballads ain't it :(

3) I genuinely hope Blackpink doesn't succeed in the US for their own sake ... Because if they do YG will realise their 4 pretty faces and mediocre music will get them far and will continue to only give them 1 song per year.

4) I really want to get into Loona  as the girls are sweet but their music, although catchy, is basic and oh god the fans scare me. The company also seem to be riding a high horse lol """"unique sounds""""" talking like it bjork. 

Posted

TxT is being treated like the second coming, especially Huening Kai. I listened to their preview and I'm not really impressed: it seems like bighit's reiteration of The Boyz in terms of concept and diversity in sound. 

Idk if it's just my feed algorithm that's been giving me a lot of Huening Kai, but I'm seeing a lot of hype for him as a visual and multiracial/multicultural god (no one seems to really know his actual ethnic mix though? I've read like 10 different combos at this point) but I really personally don't think he looks particularly attractive: average, but not worthy of the god status he's being given. 

Posted

tbh i think it would be the best for jin to take the variety show route. he's pretty funny and apparently he's already friends with a lot of variety show hosts so he'd have no problem fitting in. 

this is probably super unpopular but here it goes: no one in bts' vocal line has a pleasant voice to me. i don't know anything about singing so i can't determine if they're good singers or not, but i sure as hell know that i don't enjoy listening to them. jungkook's voice is too airy, jimin's is like that bananies ovocadies vine, jin is basically yelling most of time... i guess v is ok but then again, not something i would go out of my way to listen to.

Posted

shipping idols and real people in general is invasive and creepy and no one will ever convince me otherwise lol. thinking 2 people would look cute together is fine, as long as it ends there. but going out of your way to write fics about them and analyzing every single interaction they have? that's just sad.

whenever i read about male kpop idols as “boyfriends” or “husbands” on tumblr i'm always shook how almost realistic the written post could be as if they (the people who wrote it) personally know a lot about the idol's life and true personality. it gives me goosebumps sometimes.

Posted

tbh i think it would be the best for jin to take the variety show route. he's pretty funny and apparently he's already friends with a lot of variety show hosts so he'd have no problem fitting in. 

This completely. I can’t see him as an actor personally, but he does well on variety and I could see this being really good for him.

Posted

Like I get that it's pretty cool that BTS get to sell out stadiums and how people get to hear their faves live. However, what i don't get is people being ok with sitting so far back that you can barely see the group. This is why I didn't try for tickets for their London show yesterday as I knew my budget would have meant that I would have been sat right towards the back.

Posted (edited)

I just can't handle all these delusional fans overanalyzing idols' interaction with one another. And no, it's not because I was jealous and wanted oppars all to myself inb4 people start using this as a counter argument lmao. I'm way too old for this 'shipping myself with oppa' nonsense :P 

So I got a video of Taehyung x Tzuyu recommended to me on YouTube and I got curious so I decided to watch it. And holy shit, I kid you not, these fans speculated that those 2 were dating just because Tzuyu glanced at Taehyung's direction for 0.05 nanoseconds and vice versa. They didn't even directly interact with each other. I mean like.. when someone bows to you, of course you're going to glance at their direction ¬¬ doesn't necessarily mean you're in love with that person jfc.

Just because two people are good-looking doesn't mean they should date each other. Fans shouldn't be shipping real people like they ship anime characters ffs.

Edited by Legolas

Posted

I'm tired of kpop companies debuting Chinese idols just to make their group enter China but giving them like 2 lines and put them always in the back, they do this with Shuhua in all come backs and I'm so done already.

Posted

I'm tired of kpop companies debuting Chinese idols just to make their group enter China but giving them like 2 lines and put them always in the back, they do this with Shuhua in all come backs and I'm so done already.

i dont know if its true but they said shuhua asked to have less lines this comeback until she works on her pronounciation. fans have said she sounded like she was just singing gibberish

Posted

I just can't handle all these delusional fans overanalyzing idols' interaction with one another. And no, it's not because I was jealous and wanted oppars all to myself inb4 people start using this as a counter argument lmao. I'm way too old for this 'shipping myself with oppa' nonsense :P 

So I got a video of Taehyung x Tzuyu recommended to me on YouTube and I got curious so I decided to watch it. And holy shit, I kid you not, these fans speculated that those 2 were dating just because Tzuyu glanced at Taehyung's direction for 0.05 nanoseconds and vice versa. They didn't even directly interact with each other. I mean like.. when someone bows to you, of course you're going to glance at their direction ¬¬ doesn't necessarily mean you're in love with that person jfc.

Just because two people are good-looking doesn't mean they should date each other. Fans shouldn't be shipping real people like they ship anime characters ffs.

yes i totally agree. real people are not some anime or cartoons to be shipped, kpop idols have a life that they control themselves not the fans so they decide who they will date or something. it really creeps me out when delulu fans do that. i hate the fact that if an idol date they need an approval from fans if they should accept the relationship or not. wtf.

IMG_4403.thumb.GIF.0ccffbf294d809cdb8b77

Posted

i dont know if its true but they said shuhua asked to have less lines this comeback until she works on her pronounciation. fans have said she sounded like she was just singing gibberish

Sure, but having her in the back in the dance too? She could at least be in the front, but she is always in the back.

Posted

Sure, but having her in the back in the dance too? She could at least be in the front, but she is always in the back.

Shuhua said she didn't know how to dance before she started training and she trained for less than two years.

Posted

people like to say taeyeon and jennie and krystal have attitude problems when super junior get violent with each other often and mark from got7 has broken aircons/ thrown laptops at people. kyungsoo from exo gets violent from time to time as well. and so many actors have attitude problems ughh yet y'all only talk about women who have straight faces.

unrelated side note:

why did jyp pay for good looking expensive clothes for itzy but buys tacky expensive clothes and forever 21 for twice?