• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

2743 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one tired of Hyuna and Edawn? After Cube all they do is post photos with each other......like I get it y’all  fucking

I unfollowed them because of that.

It feels like a desperate attempt to prove to Cube that they're happy and living well even without Cube... They had the potential to be a cute couple but their photos are weird, I don't get why they always do that drug-addict make up look and don't get me started on their fashion choices. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted (edited)

I saw some armies saying they won’t support cause “they don’t want them to have it easy” and I felt pretty bad ):  but it was far fewer than  support messages.  

Am I the only one tired of Hyuna and Edawn? After Cube all they do is post photos with each other......like I get it y’all  fucking

Weren't they the ones always saying how it's sad and unfair that BTS went through so much hardships? That's a bit hypocritical. Also, you're not the only one about Hyuna and E'dawn.

Speaking of BigHit's new BG, I think a lot of Armys are company stans but they just don't wanna admit it.

Edited by mikamika

Posted

hyu’dawn been hiding it for 2 years+, give them a break lol

also red velvet’s vocals are overrated, i don’t know why people hype them so much when there are better vocalists out there like ailee/lee hi

it makes me sad that apink is basically the only 2nd gen gg left that’s active, but i guess in an industry like this it’s bound to happen since so many groups are being pumped out

i want to know how bts feels about their psycho fandom, i wish they would call them out on their bs

Posted (edited)

I just don't like BTS anymore. The fandom has kept me away to some extent but I just don't like their new music. It all sounds similar and try-hardish. Like they want to appeal to the western industry more and more. I used to be a huge fan but since "DNA" I've kinda backed out. I just don't like their new stuff  especially “Waste On Me” shit sounds like something pulled out of the Chainsmokers’ ass

Edited by leonheart

Posted

Weren't they the ones always saying how it's sad and unfair that BTS went through so much hardships? That's a bit hypocritical. Also, you're not the only one about Hyuna and E'dawn.

Speaking of BigHit's new BG, I think a lot of Armys are company stans but they just don't wanna admit it.

I’ve noticed that a lot of armies are company stans too, it’s impossible for some of them to understand that BigHit is just a company with the goal of profit just like SM, YG, JYP, Cube, etc.

i remember trying to explain to one that BTS will probably promote their junior group and I got so many comments saying that bighit isn’t shady and blatant like SM lol.

Posted

hyu’dawn been hiding it for 2 years+, give them a break lol

also red velvet’s vocals are overrated, i don’t know why people hype them so much when there are better vocalists out there like ailee/lee hi

While I personally like Wendy's voice more than Ailee's or Leehi's, I agree. I find the rest of the members to have really average singing, even Seulgi, who's the lead vocal. 

Posted

I’ve noticed that a lot of armies are company stans too, it’s impossible for some of them to understand that BigHit is just a company with the goal of profit just like SM, YG, JYP, Cube, etc.

i remember trying to explain to one that BTS will probably promote their junior group and I got so many comments saying that bighit isn’t shady and blatant like SM lol.

yesssss exactly!!!  Many also don't seem to understand the workings of a business and that bh is basically milking the cow right now because enlistment is inevitable.  Same with the supposed comeback of BTS.  When i saw the news i just rolled my eyes - of course they are going to have a quick comeback. 1 - they are riding the fame wave and 2. They need to get that cash in before the members start going away one by one.

It's just really sad because they are probably so tired and done with it at this point that their music quality is bound to get affected.

Posted

I bet BH stans are like YG stans before. They believe everything and thinks that their group's company are the best, until you know YG have done a lot of bad things. Well, I just wish Bang PD doesn't end-up like YG. Business is business, so I am not surprise with the debut of TXT. 

Posted (edited)

Well I might be if I like TXTs music I guess :D

Not sure about "company stan" BigHits a pretty good company (so far) so I don't see the problem that much. It's always weird when you find like YG or SM stans when that company has just constantly screwed over their idols yet they still defend the company.

Also It's really funny to see BTS antis/Kpoppies try and make up a narrative Armys don't want TXT to succeed when Armys got TXTs first member trending on twitter, the views for the first member teaser video are already really big (8 million views and only a day) and most of the users following TXTs accounts are Armys.

Edited by gglossier

Posted

Well I might be if I like TXTs music I guess :D

Not sure about "company stan" BigHits a pretty good company (so far) so I don't see the problem that much. It's always weird when you find like YG or SM stans when that company has just constantly screwed over their idols yet they still defend the company.

Now it's weird to have YG stans but I think @ I_am_NOT is right.  Many people stan bighit rn how they used to stan yg in the 2010-2011 era where it seemed like yg was different from the others because it didn't really care for its idols' looks and encouraged artistic expression in its groups (aka big bang writing their own stuff).  Yg was praised up and down in that era (coincidentally when big bang and 2ne1 were at their peak).  So i think that in a way history is repeateing itself.  Sure bighit is unlike yg as it started as a very small compay (no more though) but ultimately you have to realize that there is no such thing as a good company in the kpop industry - it's all about interests.  Sure, bighit is representing its artists interests very well and that's why its well liked, but it is a business at the end of the day and it is going to represent its own interests first, even if we don't see that from behind the scenes. (and there are a lot of problematic things that bh does too if you go in depth, but tbh it just acts as a business would)

Posted (edited)

Now it's weird to have YG stans but I think @ I_am_NOT is right.  Many people stan bighit rn how they used to stan yg in the 2010-2011 era where it seemed like yg was different from the others because it didn't really care for its idols' looks and encouraged artistic expression in its groups (aka big bang writing their own stuff).  Yg was praised up and down in that era (coincidentally when big bang and 2ne1 were at their peak).  So i think that in a way history is repeateing itself.  Sure bighit is unlike yg as it started as a very small compay (no more though) but ultimately you have to realize that there is no such thing as a good company in the kpop industry - it's all about interests.  Sure, bighit is representing its artists interests very well and that's why its well liked, but it is a business at the end of the day and it is going to represent its own interests first, even if we don't see that from behind the scenes. (and there are a lot of problematic things that bh does too if you go in depth, but tbh it just acts as a business would)

Oh I think most fans know a company is a business but just cause it's a business doesn't mean they should or they do treat their workers like crap. Like I said BigHit as of now is a pretty good company. Also BigHits profit distribution amongst it's idols are one of if not the most fairest amongst the current companies. 

Edited by gglossier

Posted

I think some of the issues that I've seen some Armys express about BigHit are concerns about them potentially overworking BTS since they've been promoting all year instead of letting them rest, but those concerns are often shut down by other Armys who say that BH always have BTS' best interest so they're not being overworked. They're kind of in a weird situation right now because you have a lot of Armys saying they'll support TXT but just as many Armys saying they won't because they don't want BH attention to shift to TXT but BTS only.

Posted (edited)

Honestly I don't get how people get excited based on teasers like the new TXT one and people saying they stan cherry bullet it's just pictures and names of people with no idea of how they sound or their personalities. It's different like with WayV I guess where people already know half of them

I'm totally open to staning them but? After they release a song or something.

Many know Cherry Bullet because one member, Haeyoon, was in PD48 and she's quite known for her vocals. Plus they have Vlives already so you pretty much have a grasp on their personality before debut.

Regarding TXT though, yeah, it's so weird how it's so overhyped. And it's so creepy how they gush all over the new member and call him a...baby? 🤨 I get this is common but without even knowing the member? Poor guy just breathed, it honestly freaks me out. 

Edited by pistoche
word

Posted (edited)

I think some of the issues that I've seen some Armys express about BigHit are concerns about them potentially overworking BTS since they've been promoting all year instead of letting them rest, but those concerns are often shut down by other Armys who say that BH always have BTS' best interest so they're not being overworked. They're kind of in a weird situation right now because you have a lot of Armys saying they'll support TXT but just as many Armys saying they won't because they don't want BH attention to shift to TXT but BTS only.

Yeah I've seen these concerns, I guess there is potential of overworking but tbh I haven't seen much evidence they are. They are on a world tour which people already know is a lot of work anyway especially since BTS is most probably the biggest tour a Kpop act has ever done, but still small compared to say Taylor, Beyonce or Ed. But they have been given breaks throughout the tour and they've toured before so they're equipped to the work. BTS has actually had less comebacks than groups like Twice, Wannaone, NCT and iKon in 2018 lol.

I've seen a bit of the "BH might shift attention to TXT" talk but this always happens when a new group comes along some fans get worried. Exols did it with NCT, Got7 fans did it with Stray Kids and Blackjacks did it with Black Pink (they were right to be worried though LOL). It's minority anyway.

Edited by gglossier

Posted

Uhhh i don’t think BH is milking anything... a new group comes out every 4-6 years or so for most companies and it was about time they did. BH has been openly looking for male trainees for about 2 years now. Also, BTS always had 2 Korean comebacks a year around June and Oct/November...lmao  

and of course armys are going to take interest in TXT?? imagine being the only child (homme is not an idol group so..) and suddenly having a baby sibling. Of course we’re going to be curious- isn’t that what most fans do..? Pretty sure SM and YG group stans do the same. I know there are some unreasonable people saying they’ll either become fans right away or won’t support TXT at all but honestly most of us are just neutral or supportive about it.