• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

2743 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

• Just because you prefer to listen to 1st and 2nd generation groups rather than 3rd generation groups doesn't make you better than everyone else, nor does it make you more of an intellectual. 
  • Just bc people don't like x and x group and you do, doesn't give you the right to shove x group in people's faces at all times (i've seen this especially with bts and loona, and i hate it, and it's annoying)
  • You're not any better for not being "a part" of a fandom either. Most people don't stan 3475328945 groups, and are so casual listeners of most groups. Just bc you're a casual listener of a group and not a part of the fandom, whether it is known as a "crazy" fandom or not, does not make you any better. I am all for people criticising fandoms, but I don't like it when people criticise it by distancing themselves in a matter like this: "oh i am not a part of xx fandom bc I am better than that/i am not crazy" (...like, do you understand what i am trying to say?)
  • I used to like Blackpink, and I still do, but to a lesser degree after the gayo daejun performance. I feel like shit is going to go down at the YG headquarters next year. 
  • SM needs to pay much more attention to Red Velvet. RV had a good year with The Perfect Red Velvet repackaged album, but oh my god how bad I thought their mini albums were. I feel like SM is slowly pushing them aside (this might just be me, but that is the perception I have had of SM with RV this year as they are well known for slowly losing interest in old groups years before they debut new ones). 
  • I love NCT, but their stylists still sucks.
  • I don't like iz*one for some reason. Like, I have tried to get into them, but for some reason it just doesn't work. And also, I don't think they deserved the rookie (?) award they got at the MAMAs (we know the mamas are rigged af but anyway). I personally find their performances also really boring. 

These are all my opinions for now, I needed to air them out lol. Feel free to criticise any of my points; discussions are healthy. 

Edited by tea time

Posted

• I used to like Blackpink, and I still do, but to a lesser degree after the gayo daejun performance. I feel like shit is going to go down at the YG headquarters next year. 

Well I hope so, I'm so done with how his artists are treated. 

• SM needs to pay much more attention to Red Velvet. RV had a good year with The Perfect Red Velvet repackaged album, but oh my god how bad I thought their mini albums were. I feel like SM is slowly pushing them aside (this might just be me, but that is the perception I have had of SM this year).

Agreed. I'm curious about the new sm gg that'll probably debut within the next 2 years but I'm hoping they'll debut in 2020 because I want Red Velvet to be in the spotlight next year. I really hope they're aren't going to be pushed aside. Personally I haven't noticed much about that but we shall see in 2019. 

Posted

Nctzens always say it’s Whiplash but Baby Don’t Like It is the better "hoe anthem". Also thank god Taeyong's mullet is finally gone, I knew one of the members would get one when the whole trend started with boy groups and obviously it had to be him. Now I wish they'd bring back his black/brown hair, I can't believe it didn't even last a WEEK this year.

I wish stan twitter would stop trying to plug a video of their favs under other people's tweet, @/oh_mes' replies are a mess espescially. Whenever they tweet something unrelated to kpop or news, you just have a bunch of people coming in to reply with videos of theirs favs that have nothing to do with the original tweet. It's really obnoxious. 

Posted

• You're not any better for not being "a part" of a fandom either. Most people don't stan 3475328945 groups, and are so casual listeners of most groups. Just bc you're a casual listener of a group and not a part of the fandom, whether it is known as a "crazy" fandom or not, does not make you any better. I am all for people criticising fandoms, but I don't like it when people criticise it by distancing themselves in a matter like this: "oh i am not a part of xx fandom bc I am better than that/i am not crazy" (.. like, do you understand what i am trying to say?)

i never do fandoms bcos its never my thing to begin with. yes i am a casual listener and if ever i encounter a "crazy" fandom or not i usually just keep quite until the time that i am pushed to my limit or they cross the line when they start to really bother me cos they are staring to be out of place with there fandomness, thats the time i would probably say my opinion.

Posted

i never do fandoms bcos its never my thing to begin with. yes i am a casual listener and if ever i encounter a "crazy" fandom or not i usually just keep quite until the time that i am pushed to my limit or they cross the line when they start to really bother me cos they are staring to be out of place with there fandomness, thats the time i would probably say my opinion.

Yeah, I think that's fair. I'm mostly concerned about those who absolutely Have to exclaim that they are not part of any fandom at all times. I feel like that kind of attitude gets annoying and ends up belittling the whole concept of being a fan (something more than just a casual listener) of someone. 

Posted

I know I'm super late,, I didn't bother watching much of Mama this year and only saw a few clips from instagram but I finally read up on what happened during Vinxen's performance, watched it and the crowd is so disrespectful and disgusting. They gave him a black ocean, turned their backs on him and cursed at him (they called him a self-harming bastard! 😡) just because he was rapping about depression, self-harm and all the struggles he went through. It's something that he's always done in his rap, he's gone through so much and tries to speak up about it! How can people be this heartless..

Posted

I know I'm super late,, I didn't bother watching much of Mama this year and only saw a few clips from instagram but I finally read up on what happened during Vinxen's performance, watched it and the crowd is so disrespectful and disgusting. They gave him a black ocean, turned their backs on him and cursed at him (they called him a self-harming bastard! 😡) just because he was rapping about depression, self-harm and all the struggles he went through. It's something that he's always done in his rap, he's gone through so much and tries to speak up about it! How can people be this heartless..

honestly just disgusting. and they act all shocked and sad when idols reveal how they are depressed and stuff.. fucking hypocrites

this kinda behavior needs to stop, but honestly i don’t think it’ll ever stop.

Posted

^^^I guess this is the vicious cycle of the kpop industry.  Idols are made out to be perfect human beings (mostly pretty objects for the public) so of course they are going to appeal to a certain group of people - most of whom are impressionable, rather young and in most cases don't have much outside world experience.  And because these are the fans that support the groups they are going to go to great lengths to make sure the idols deliver.  So when they step out of the line just a little bit, there is backlash. 

I feel like someone should make a list with all of the dumb reasons idols have been trashed over or criticized -  that would be very entertainning.

Posted

Am I the only one who noticed that Jennie has a picture of herself in her phone case?

78B559CC-8752-4D77-867E-945F4AD9063A.thu

I used to be a fan of hers but the past year she’s really been on my nerves. I really feel bad for the other BP members who are much more talented than her. 

Posted

Am I the only one who noticed that Jennie has a picture of herself in her phone case?

78B559CC-8752-4D77-867E-945F4AD9063A.thu

I used to be a fan of hers but the past year she’s really been on my nerves. I really feel bad for the other BP members who are much more talented than her. 

It was made a 'meme' out of how confident Jennie is but it just looks so self centered to me after all the shit that has happened around her in just two months...After the Solo performance I linked the other day they performed Dx4 and when they finished she grabbed her stomach and the pity party began again 🙄 literally for a 5min performance lmfao why is she trying to go Solo when she can barely perform for 5min, I'm...

Rosé deserved it x192711716172721 more

Posted

It was made a 'meme' out of how confident Jennie is but it just looks so self centered to me after all the shit that has happened around her in just two months...After the Solo performance I linked the other day they performed Dx4 and when they finished she grabbed her stomach and the pity party began again 🙄 literally for a 5min performance lmfao why is she trying to go Solo when she can barely perform for 5min, I'm...

Rosé deserved it x192711716172721 more

so... why was she holding her stomach?

anyway regarding her being 'YG's princess' like that shit just pisses me off and it doesn't end well at all. just look at what happened with sulli and f(x), suzy and missA. I have this resentment towards shit like that because whether its intentional or not it ruins a groups chances of being popular. usually its just that one member that succeeds. i mean look at where f(x) is now... no comeback, back to the dungeon and its so NOT fair to the other members. 

Posted

anyway regarding her being 'YG's princess' like that shit just pisses me off and it doesn't end well at all. just look at what happened with sulli and f(x), suzy and missA. I have this resentment towards shit like that because whether its intentional or not it ruins a groups chances of being popular. usually its just that one member that succeeds. i mean look at where f(x) is now... no comeback, back to the dungeon and its so NOT fair to the other members. 

They were saying it was bc of her motion sickness when homegirl could just be on her period 💀

Also I have hop on f(x) coming back when China-SK politic mess is really over, f(x) cant come back at all bc they would be 3 but EXO are 8 without Lay so they can do it, I'm so tired of that mess.

Posted

I was just talking about this with someone. As a Say A I can't lie, I was super salty about Suzy getting all the attention, same thing with f(x), but one thing that gets to me is that at least with Suzy, Sulli, Hyuna, CL, etc. they could hold their own on stage. Jennie can't even do that, so I'm just here like...why is she the "Princess" if she can't even keep up though? It'd be one thing if she had the most stage presence or was the most charismatic, but like... Imo that's clearly not the case so this choice doesn't even make sense to me. I can't be too bitter about an idol getting attention if they are at least coming through, so Jennie looking lazy is really not helping her. 

Posted

I was just talking about this with someone. As a Say A I can't lie, I was super salty about Suzy getting all the attention, same thing with f(x), but one thing that gets to me is that at least with Suzy, Sulli, Hyuna, CL, etc. they could hold their own on stage. Jennie can't even do that, so I'm just here like...why is she the "Princess" if she can't even keep up though? It'd be one thing if she had the most stage presence or was the most charismatic, but like... Imo that's clearly not the case so this choice doesn't even make sense to me. I can't be too bitter about an idol getting attention if they are at least coming through, so Jennie looking lazy is really not helping her. 

jennie apparently is filthy rich and her mom is like connected to YG, allegedly. so she has a different option if being in a group doesn't fit her tastes which when i think about it pisses me off more. 

I do agree with your sentiments but i vaguely remember when sulli was close to leaving the group she became lazy as well. hyuna and CL I can't argue with because those badass bitches perform like its their last. 

Posted

Sulli got pretty lazy and got a lot of hate for it too , not just when she was almost leaving, she looked displeased with performing way before.