• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

7844 posts in this topic

Posted

So Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa were really used as backup dancers for Jennie's Solo performance this time, you know what man? I'm out.

Sorry maybe I'm not looking right but can you link a video for me? I don't see them back up dancing

Posted (edited)

Lisa's fancam is more clear 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXoZRcZP70 

Yikes! This and the fact that Jennie's song has lyrics like "I'm going solo" just makes it more obvious the group is Jennie and friends. YG also handpicks all her outfits himself. I remember when news of her getting a solo came out, people freaked out about the other members and he announced that they'd get a solo too like it was an afterthought.

Edited by mikamika

Posted

sort of ot but the fact that other ppl hate the circle lenses (esp blue or really unnatural colors) on idols makes me glad. Like that one look zitao did at a mama show forever ago??? Thats the shit I see in nightmares lol. But overall the trend is trash and is thankfully dying. i hate when there’s a photo shoot published and everything looks great like shots wise except for the fact that they’re wearing terrible looking lenses. idk it just looks creepy 90% of the time

Posted

sort of ot but the fact that other ppl hate the circle lenses (esp blue or really unnatural colors) on idols makes me glad. Like that one look zitao did at a mama show forever ago??? Thats the shit I see in nightmares lol. But overall the trend is trash and is thankfully dying. i hate when there’s a photo shoot published and everything looks great like shots wise except for the fact that they’re wearing terrible looking lenses. idk it just looks creepy 90% of the time

its always hard for me to look at sometimes bc those colored circle lenses (esp the blue ones) can make so many of them look cross eyed bc of how the lenses are. 

Posted

Yikes! This and the fact that Jennie's song has lyrics like "I'm going solo" just makes it more obvious the group is Jennie and friends. YG also handpicks all her outfits himself. I remember when news of her getting a solo came out, people freaked out about the other members and he announced that they'd get a solo too like it was an afterthought.

Highly doubt the rest will get a solo lmao they barely get anything in the group to begin with...

Posted (edited)

In terms of music Loona > G Idle 

People trash Loona cos of their fans but honestly I think the music they make is a lot better?!? I'm not trashing G Idle but I had to listen to their two title tracks multiple times before getting into them. 

i listened to some of Loona's songs and got really into it at first however for G Idle i couldn't really, its like their music isn't my kind of taste or was it just boring imo. 🤷‍♀️

IMG_3128.thumb.GIF.0e5056e087fba31c046b4

Edited by blvck

Posted

Highly doubt the rest will get a solo lmao they barely get anything in the group to begin with...

I thought the same thing, as a matter of fact he can barely give promotions to his own artists. I think he just said they'll get solos so Blinks could shut up. 

Posted

My first Kpop artist Jung Ji-hoon (actor) aka RAIN. I still listen to that man sing. However, Kpop has become a bit too much. Most of the problem comes from the fandoms. The fandoms are at war for no reason at all. If a group puts out better content than the popular group, the fandom comes in and do their best to sabotage. If the popular group is up for 8 awards but lose 2, the fandom harasses the group(s) that won the 2. It's ridiculous. 

Don't get me started on the companies that mass produce these groups. Some groups write, produce, choreograph and film their own content (ex. Seventeen) themselves, but the record company wants to own their content. The companies put pressure on the artist to be best at the cost of their mental health. 

Then you have these YT channels that pit groups against groups which get the fandoms all riled up. The more views a channel gets, the more money that channel earns. The fandoms are making them money.

Do I still listen to Kpop? I'm an occasional listener. I'm not in a fandom and I don't follow groups either. If you put out a good song, i'll listen. I like to form my own opinion. 

Posted

Ik I'm late but I literally just saw that BTS performance with Charlie Puth. It's really something else. They really sounded bad. The only stable ones were Jungkook, Jin and the rap line. Jimin and Taehyung sound so bad. And ARMYs can try to defend them by saying they were tired and thats totally understandable, they are human beings but it doesn't stop the fact that they sound bad. And I've been seeing many comments criticizing Jimin but not so many in Taehyung. My unpopular opinion in all this is that Taehyung sounds worse than Jimin. 

Also, Bighit needs to stop making Jimin scream so muchcause it's obviously affecting his voice. And the auto tune needs to go. 

Posted (edited)

oh god... blackpink is seriously just becoming “Jennie and the girls”, the other members are screwed into Jennie, Thai Girl, 2nd Bom and Pretty Girl. imo BP is like a mix of 2NE1 and SISTAR now, with 2NE1 vibe kind of songs and SISTAR’s kind of spotlight on one member. within a few years they’re gonna sue YG or leave the company 

Edited by Eeyore

Posted

(a long time lurker here, ive read this thread for a long time and decided to comment lol)

im honestly as much of a kpoppie as one can get and also a fan of blackpink even though my interest in them has died down quite a bit lmao,,,, anyway i watched blackpinks recent ddu-du ddu-du performance and during some parts i couldnt even hear jennies rap like..at all and then the next verse sounded really forced,,, i was like sis...u good?

it's really bothering me, is her voice really that strained or was it just a momentary thing (i really dont know anything about vocal technique/rapping/performing etc sorry for the dumb question lol)

also is it just me or are girl crush concepts becoming overused?

Posted

Honestly. They are. And 90% of the time it's so forced, like the girls try to have that "badass $wag" but kpop makes it SO try hard to the point where I just wince. Even some boy groups have me like...."?" when they try it. Ultimately the companies are at fault and I'm so over them using this formula.

*Also, imo, Blackpink was doomed from the start tbh. With the disbandment of 2NE1 and YG legit stating he wanted Blackpink to be the "prettier version" of them, that already set the tone, so Jennie's solo is no surprise. 

Posted

(a long time lurker here, ive read this thread for a long time and decided to comment lol)

im honestly as much of a kpoppie as one can get and also a fan of blackpink even though my interest in them has died down quite a bit lmao,,,, anyway i watched blackpinks recent ddu-du ddu-du performance and during some parts i couldnt even hear jennies rap like..at all and then the next verse sounded really forced,,, i was like sis...u good?

it's really bothering me, is her voice really that strained or was it just a momentary thing (i really dont know anything about vocal technique/rapping/performing etc sorry for the dumb question lol)

Its always like that with Jennie, in most live performances she sings like 50% and the rest is just backtrack so you cant heard nothing at all