• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8610 posts in this topic

Posted

If Jennie really is depressed or going through something then I hope YG lets her take a break and get help with it. It would be terrible for it to break her first. But without some sort of explanation you can’t expect people to just give her a pass. If I started turning up late everyday and never completed my work and didn’t give any explanation for what was going on I would get fired lol

Posted (edited)

Disappointed, but not surprised. A lot of companies show favoritism: Hyuna, Hyunseung, G-Dragon, and Taemin are just a few who receive better treatment 

Its truth that those you mentioned are favored, however, except Hyunseung, all put their everything in both their solos and the group, Jennie doesnt. 

To add a few more favored that didnt give a fck about their groups' performances at all: Taeyeon and Sulli, Jessica wasnt really favored but she was lazy, Tiffany was favored but never was lazy till last year before leaving. 

Some favored that care about the group: Chanyeol (He got the TH collab while Kai got Fenty Beauty's collab petition rejected, and I'm pretty sure Sehun was asked for a LV collab but SM rejected again - however Chanyeol cares about the group to the point of pucking backstage then going on stage again), Joy (At least cares more than Yeri, but Yeri is not as lazy as Jennie), Krystal (not as favored as Sulli but still there, fainted two times bc she wanted to give her all, almost fainted a third) and I guess the list goes on. 

Edited by arinbunny

Posted

Tbh BP needs a leader who holds others responsible and corrects them ,that's why they always look so messy and out of sync when they perform live. I don't know who the leader could be though because they seem so lenient with each other.

I'm not surprised that people get tired of defending them. Yes being an idol sure has it's bad sides and none of us want them so be unhealthy, hated on and depressed but performing is their job after all. What happens to people who don't do their job properly?They get fired. Idk why some delulu blinks think it's fine to underperform so often. In real life people wouldn't give you so many chances just because you had a bad day or two.

BP doesnt have a leader???:alpacashocked: I thought the leader was Jennie

Posted

Am I the only one that doesn't get why Jennie even is a favorite of YG at all?? If she wasn't in a group and didn't wear high-end brands nobody would give a single fuck about her. Her group mates are basically carrying her. I just can't understand this. Does she look like the young version of YG's wife or something??? Is she in the illuminati???? Long lost child of YG?????? Because I don't see any more talent in that girl than any of her group mates. 

I'm thinking because her mother is rich as fuck. 

YG just deleted the Jennie being lazy videos on yt, the videos against Lisa or Rose are still up. The video shows he reported manually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4sxmo91N4 

Posted

YG just deleted the Jennie being lazy videos on yt, the videos against Lisa or Rose are still up. The video shows he reported manually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4sxmo91N4 

it already went viral, i feel like it's too late for damage control

he won't admit that his princess is being lazy :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

it already went viral, i feel like it's too late for damage control

he won't admit that his princess is being lazy :alpacaheadshake:

More than damage control this will make things worse lol

Posted

Am I the only one that doesn't get why Jennie even is a favorite of YG at all?? If she wasn't in a group and didn't wear high-end brands nobody would give a single fuck about her. Her group mates are basically carrying her. I just can't understand this. Does she look like the young version of YG's wife or something??? Is she in the illuminati???? Long lost child of YG?????? Because I don't see any more talent in that girl than any of her group mates. 

This made me laugh so much. xD I agree with you, I don't see why she's a favorite. 

Posted (edited)

RV's latest comeback "really bad boy" kind of bothers me because it feels like such a blatant repackage and yet SM promote it as it's own album and releasing a halloween themed comeback in late november just makes me laugh. Timing was so off on that one but the show must go on 

Edited by sasdinhub

Posted

YG deleting the vids will just backfire on them.

GKTDOoi.jpg

It really looks like "Jennie and her backup dancers".

She's basically acting that way. Blackpink who? Oh, my group members? No, they've become my backup crew since I released a solo single.

Posted (edited)

RV's latest comeback "really bad boy" kind of bothers me because it feels like such a blatant repackage and yet SM promote it as it's own album and releasing a halloween themed comeback in late november just makes me laugh. Timing was so off on that one but the show must go on 

I agree that releasing it a little earlier would be more appropriate but I'm still excited for it, the girls look so incredibly stunning and I love the concept as opposed to Power Up. This also reminds me that Red Velvet, who has so many comebacks in a year that I lost count, is still much more energetic on stage than Jennie. Yeri might be the lacking one in the group but Jennie's level of laziness is still unbeatable. 

Interesting that YG blocked the video when it has already gone viral and it's so easy to re-upload it on other platforms. I'm not sure if blocking the video is a smart move because it shows us that YG is aware so now everyone will just anticipate what will be their response or will they just sweep this issue under the carpet? 

#LazyJennie is still active on Instagram, posting her magazine shoots. The only time she's not lazy is when she's posting videos and photos of herself. If I were Jennie I'd stop all the posting and or apologize to the fans. Her indifference makes her appear shameless tbh. 

Edit: I saw Blinks defending Jennie again saying that people only cut out the parts where "she's tired". I watched the entire fancam and I still think she's lacking energy compared to the other 3 girls, she doesn't seem like she enjoys performing. I also think "being tired" is not a good excuse. If she's tired at the start of their world tour... Is she going to perform while sitting towards the end? Have to compare it with the other groups again like RV, TWICE, BTS,... I'm sure they are all tired with their crazy schedules. I still think the criticisms towards Jennie is valid. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

I'm curious what does her mum do?

Posted (edited)

I'm curious what does her mum do?

rumored to be a director AND major shareholder in CJ&EM.

ALSO about red velvet, i honestly think the timing of their comeback is way off simply because SM don’t really understand how Western holidays work. Like whenever they release a Christmas single, it’s always a depressing song or just something with sleigh bells ringing in the background. and yes, yeri gets lazy sometimes but not jennie-level of laziness.

Edited by Cinnamon crumpet

Posted

Lol YG is cleaning Jennie's mess up like a parent. I don't remember him ever doing that for one if his artists. (Sry but Jennie is not an artist to me anyway,because they usually take pride in their work)

She takes her fanbase for granted. That's the problem with idols who blew up ever since their debut. They never had to worry whether people will still be interested in their new releases or when their next comback is going to be, meanwhile you have idols working their asses off for years and working part-time jobs to make ends meet.