• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

4282 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I actually wanna see a survival show for a mixed group but the thing is:

• the line-up would dominate in males than females if the ranking is mixed
  • survival shows with both genders (mix nine and the unit) have debuted separately (1 female and 1 male group)
  • gender focus survival shows are awesome don't get me wrong but I'd love to see another co-ed group
  • imagine the scandals

My question is, do you prefer gender-focused or mixed survival shows? and would you watch a survival show for a mixed group?

Yes! I would have definitely watched a survival show for a mixed group! I think that sounds like so much fun tbh. I really like mixed groups and wish there was more of them as well 

Also just to add in my own unpopular opinion:

I don't think groups should do their songs in english. I get why NCT would bc their concept is literally about reaching out to as many countries as possible, but I don't like that other groups are planning on doing songs in english. I like listening to music in all kinds of languages, but as someone who is not a native english speaker i'm just tired of english being seen as "the" language when it comes to music. Like, music that isn't in english isn't regarded in the same way as music in english is. (does what i am trying to say make any sense?)

Edited by tea time

Posted

I hope that Produce 101 will do something like their most recent season but with guy j-idols instead.

Posted

I actually wanna see a survival show for a mixed group but the thing is:

• the line-up would dominate in males than females if the ranking is mixed
  • survival shows with both genders (mix nine and the unit) have debuted separately (1 female and 1 male group)
  • gender focus survival shows are awesome don't get me wrong but I'd love to see another co-ed group
  • imagine the scandals

My question is, do you prefer gender-focused or mixed survival shows? and would you watch a survival show for a mixed group?

Thing is Korea dont like coed groups, Kard wasnt flopping at the begining bc of their ifans.

Kpop is so boring nowadays. BTS wins everything, there's no competition anymore. 

Most award shows are attendance awards, YG and SM boycotted most, so of course its all Twice and BTS (except for song of the year, it would be too big of a mess if it doesnt go to iKON) 

Posted

V sounded like he was deaf in that charlie puth thing, they all sounded so bad.

Posted

V sounded like he was deaf in that charlie puth thing, they all sounded so bad.

for me jimin was the worst, their voices sounded super strained which was weird cause  normally they dont sound bad. . idk what happened there but it was baaad

Posted

THIS. It's even worse when you're not a BTS stan but everything seems to be all about them. I'm so sick of hearing about BTS and all the dramas and fanwars Armys love to create. They are the most toxic fandom I've ever came across. Within the span of a week there's drama going on about FIFA (iT'S oKaY faM iT'S 1 FAnDoM VS 11 fAnDoMs WE DON'T ASK OTHER FANDOMS FOR HELP!!!!), Purple Ribbon Project (thEy StOlE oUr iDeA!!! iT wAS a mEanInGfUl prOjEcT foR BTS and ArMyS!!!), V being mad about getting stalked (lEaVe mY OppAs aLoNe b*tCh!!!)... 9_99_99_99_9

Someone needs to find out who is the original creator of fanchants and lightsticks and tell Armys to stop copying other groups by coming up with their own fanchants and lightstick!!!! 9_99_99_9 

What V did was so petty. Imagine all the hate and harassment that girl is going to get, she's his fan after all. 

i’m not up to date at all, what happened with v and that girl

Posted

The Fake Love remix for BTS’ new Japanese single was so boring. Like all they did was edit out the guitar and added in atmospheric sounds. But at least Airplane Part 2 sounded good.

Posted (edited)

Following a choreography =/= a good dancer and entertainer. I don't understand why so many KPOP fans shit on american singers for not dancing. Dancing doesn't automatically mean you're a good performer or a good entertainer and especially not in KPOP where the robotic nature can be even boring more than a person who doesn't move on stage. The best performances I've been to were The Weeknd & Kanye.

Edited by Diamondss
spelling

Posted

Following a choreography =/= a good dancer and entertainer. I don't understand why so many KPOP fans shit on american singers for not dancing. Dancing doesn't automatically mean you're a good performer or a good entertainer and especially not in KPOP where the robotic nature can be even boring more than a person who doesn't move on stage. The best performances I've been to were The Weeknd & Kanye.

As a dance student, I agree with you with the first sentence. Following choreography doesn't necessarily make you a good dancer. If you put your own dynamics into a phrase of choreography and execute it well, that's what makes you a dancer (imo). Learning dance for 4 years has taught me that dance is more than just performing on stage. There is more science behind dance than you think.

As for the rest of the sentences yes I couldn't agree more. K-pop is different to Western music so I don't get why some k-pop fans shit on western singers for not being able to dance. They are singers, not k-idols. Dancing is not in their criteria. Don't get me wrong, that would be awesome if they could dance as well but they don't necessarily have to. 

Posted

about the whole armies being annoying..  did anyone see that tweet where the OP said omg imagine if BTS did deadly sins concept and most ppl were like, um minsta x literally just did that and she lost her shit and went on the defensive? lol

also, i was so tempted to say how jooheon was the first to bring kis cats to a fansign e days ago and V brought yeontan today but.   im not that petty and i dont wanna be like one of them bishes....

Posted

about the whole armies being annoying..  did anyone see that tweet where the OP said omg imagine if BTS did deadly sins concept and most ppl were like, um minsta x literally just did that and she lost her shit and went on the defensive? lol

also, i was so tempted to say how jooheon was the first to bring kis cats to a fansign e days ago and V brought yeontan today but.   im not that petty and i dont wanna be like one of them bishes....

lol i really doubt that taehyung brought his dog just because jooheon brought his cat to a fansign when 1. no one really cares about what goes on in fan signs of other artists unless it's controversial 2. no one but monsta x fans knew and cared about him brining his cat to the fan sign for the thing to blow up for other groups to "copy" it  3.taehyung often brings yeontan to work. he brought him backstage during music shows since the fake love era and MV filmings.

Posted

lol i really doubt that taehyung brought his dog just because jooheon brought his cat to a fansign when 1. no one really cares about what goes on in fan signs of other artists unless it's controversial 2. no one but monsta x fans knew and cared about him brining his cat to the fan sign for the thing to blow up for other groups to "copy" it  3.taehyung often brings yeontan to work. he brought him backstage during music shows since the fake love era and MV filmings.

i know, that's my point exactly....armies keep attacking random groups for such random and unoriginal shit that's it's ridiculous....

like, 7 deadly sins aint really a ground breaking concept either, let's be real here...

also a lot of the comments on Shoot Out MV were how MX copied fake love cause apparently BTS invented high contrast studio photography?? and how the choreography looks similar to Idol choreo, meanwhile, they have no idea that its inspired by a south african dance, which i forgot the name of...but I guess the entire continent of Africa is copying BTS 

another maybe unpopular opinion: Idol reminds me so much of Shakira's Waka Waka, it has the same freaking vibe and i just can't ever seem to like it...Fake Love (at least the extended version) kinda grew on me but this? nope.

Posted

That whole bts x Charlie puth collab was a nightmare. The rap line was decent but all the vocal members sounded like cats yowling. Charlie wasn’t any better.

Posted

for me jimin was the worst, their voices sounded super strained which was weird cause  normally they dont sound bad. . idk what happened there but it was baaad

(My bad if I multi-quoted, I'm new to the site and not really sure how the quoting thing works) But I think that it's because they just finished up their world tour, and in my opinion they shouldn't have even performed as many songs as they did (bcus they were visibly tired)