• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

3375 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I the only one that thinks that Tempo by EXO has the best choreography of 2018 so far. 

Posted

i didn’t like tempo

those bed squeaking noises during the chorus  were annoying 

Posted

Opinions on IZ*ONE's "La vie en Rose"? It's gotten praise and believe me I do support the group but to me the song was really.. mediocre and anticlimactic. The bridge of the song built up into nothing, the chorus was a let down. The only redeemable quality was Choi Yena's unexpected rap. 

It's the only decent Produce debut song. Dream Girls was shit and Energetic was mediocre. La Vie en Rose is listenable enough. Tbh, the lineup for IZ*ONE isn't that disappointing. They have baseline talented girls (except for Hyewon). I just hate that they milked AKB48 only to get 3 girls in the group. Just give the girls good songs and promote them properly, they might get popular after a while. Not Wanna One level (idek how the fuck they got that popular. They're not even that outstanding as a boy group.) of popular but they have a chance of becoming more popular than I.O.I.

Posted

I like kokobop better than tempo 

kokobop was really a whole bop

but tempo mv still has good ass visuals and im a sucker for the aesthetic 

Posted

Tempo was a decent song, but it sounds like Love Me Right 2.0 except Tempo has more rapping. The worst part of Tempo was the bed noise. Like why??? It was super distracting. But honestly the rest of the album was pretty good, especially Gravity, 24/7, Damage, and Oasis. 

Posted

Ateez's debut was really good, not really an unpopular opinion. Also I really like A.C.E and PLT and I hope they blow up. 

I've listened to tempo by EXO and my first impression is that it's an okay song, not bad or amazing, just okay. 

Also idk why SM keep trying to push NCT in America when EXO have a bigger fanbase, it would have made more sense for them to push EXO or even Red Velvet. Actually I would love it if Red Velvet was as popular as BTS as they'd be able to be successful in their own right as a girl group instead of being seen as the second BTS. 

Also Wendy's song with John Legend was super boring, like it was a chore to finish the whole thing.

Posted

i didn’t like tempo

those bed squeaking noises during the chorus  were annoying 

the bed squeaking sound was unnecessary but I looooooved the song :alpacalove:

Posted (edited)

Tempo was a decent song, but it sounds like Love Me Right 2.0 except Tempo has more rapping. The worst part of Tempo was the bed noise. Like why??? It was super distracting. But honestly the rest of the album was pretty good, especially Gravity, 24/7, Damage, and Oasis. 

it did remind me of Love Me Right but thank heavenly bodies that the rapping this time was not out of place in the song and the delivery improved A LOT. I get the purpose of the bed squeeks (being suggestive and stuff) but yeah, totally agree it was distracting because it was in the entire chorus. I wish was more of a punctuation like in dean’s first verse in i’m not sorry, wherein it more or less functioned like a wink.

i feel sad that the MV for Tempo was done in heavily recycled sets, it feels like we’re back in the SM 2010 box sets. I get that it probably was the only way they could have lay on the same set (but not at the same time) as the other members to convey the message that he is still part of exo without shelling out that much money than, say, an on-location shoot where everyone literally has to be there shooting at the same time. It really feels like the MV was done in a rush

I REALLY LIKED THE SONG THOUGH. And love that they still have their distinct sound despite having a long hiatus as a group

edit: i liked the chinese version of tempo more. Lay had two lines in it atleast but he was still not with the group dancing. But it’s something, i’ll take it instead of nothing

Edited by Cinnamon crumpet

Posted

Bed squeaking sounds in Tempo reminded me of NCT's Baby Don't Like It, but I really enjoyed it! The MV was a bit basic but the aesthetic was nice and the styling wasn't bad. Every shot of the members was a killer and I found the beat refreshing.

Posted

But y'all - wasn't the squeaky bed sounds the funniest thing you've ever heard in Tempo? I laughed like a maniac when I heard them, shit is goooooooold. It's funny how people sorta crack on girlgroups for being so SeXuAlLY cHaLLeNgINg in their videos (EXID, Stellar, et.al.) and then these dudes just pop up with "don't mess up my tempo" while sounds from fucking on a bed are playing. K-pop double standards will never cease to amaze me, friends. 

On a side note, I actually like Tempo. I thought Monster was a bad song and Lotto was g a r b a g e, so this is a relief. Also, just like someone else posted, I thank them for stopping with the Tropical House trend! 

Posted

That "squeaky bed sound" is a sample that is very often used these days in songs. I'm just saying I don't think it's suggesting anything, it's just a popular sample at the moment, to me it's becoming a bit overdone. I love Tempo though 👌🏼

Posted

Yes or Yes sounds quite similar to SNSD's "Say Yes". 

Posted

SM Superstar has really bad music selections.

YG is a shit company.

Posted (edited)

Kris wu music is getting...like more and more cringe...

I like his two songs July and Deserve but idk how I feel about other songs.... November Rain lyrics are ehh...

Edited by gloyoosu2

Posted (edited)

Quick question, what do you guys think about  Jo Woo Chan x Park Hyun Jin x A Chillo with their debut song 'OGZ'??? 

Edit: And the RM (BTS) situation?

what happened to RM?

edit: nvm

Edited by leonheart
i just found out what happened