• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

@bonjourmoon | kerrie moon

200 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't hate this woman, at all, and she seems like a good mom (I pray she's not an anti-vaxxer, god fucking forbid) and her kids always seem like they're happy, but her over-dramatic captions and try-hard poetry just.............. sit poorly with me. and her whole "my beautiful, my love, my dearest, anshsdhsjd) just weirds me out.

I don't think she's a bad person by any means and her feed is really, really pretty (followed before she went private) but I hope she stops this weird ass pseudo-poetry. It's really damn obnoxious. 

And her messaging Pooh and blocking them is a pussy-ass move, I'll be blunt. It's happened to me once or twice and it's the most cowardly thing you can do if you're taking a ""stand"" against a ""bully"". It's even more see through when you end it with "Merry christmas uwu love and light uwu". 

Edited by Umbreon

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_2017-12-28-03-14-14.thumb.jpg

all that crying about how we are just haters trying to kill her vibe, only to comply and do exactly as we say :alpacafedup:

nonetheless, i like shorter captions! *thumbs up to kerrie* and i love her house! 

omg man i somehow missed or forgot that first paragraph of this post and realized i said the same thing but slighty reworded, lmao. Sorry about that.

Edited by Pooh

Posted

I always kinda looked at that weird- her whole "I'm very sensitive" thing about parenting. I don't think she's a bad mom, and her kids seem very happy, but when a mother of kids describes herself as very sensitive and gets incredibly upset when people say her way of typing is corny.

I am not a mother, so I'm not gonna say "You're a bad mom because you're sensitive weh" because fuck if I know she's a bad mom. She's actually probably great and better than she gives herself credit for. But, she needs to be careful about how sensitive she lets herself be. I say this as someone who works with kids (still not the same thing as being a mom but I get kids)- when they get past the cute ditzy age, they can be little monsters.

They scream and throw tantrums and hit other kids and talk back. Like JDot said, they'll tell you they hate you. They may even hit you, scream, dump their lunch, throw things, and make fun of you. Not always, maybe never- but it's a possibility you need to accept may happen and you need to stone up. I say this because I want to see you succeed, because as corny and pretentious as I find your captions, you seem lovely. But spinelessness will be your downfall. 

Standing up for yourself doesn't have to mean "make yourself cruel". You can be strong and kind at once. I believe in u. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Winnie

Posted

This is terrible, but I wonder if she realizes how much "pink gifts" sounds like a ham-handed sexual euphemism.

Posted

^
I think that's an amazing assessment of her.
I also think being a stay-at-home mom isn't doing her any favors. She was a teacher before, right? So she knows how awful kids can be. I mean, haven't we all been in a class where the teacher (or substitute teacher) is soft-spoken and the students walk all over them? So there's no way she's done this whole ~soft as the first drizzle of honey fresh from the comb~ act forever.
But now she has the luxury of only interacting with other people who share her weird view of the world, who back her up. And I hate that. You need people to call you out on your bullshit, not mindless supporters.
And as others have mentioned, her children are going to grow older and more self-aware. What happens when they're too embarrased to bring a friend over because of your aesthetic, Kerrie? What happens when they want to have a say in decorating their rooms? What happens if they sneak out at night and cuss you out to your face and get in trouble for punching a kid in the face at school? They're not going to be little figurines in your perfect ivy-trimmed dollhouse forever.
I get annoyed at her sensitivity mostly because I think about my own mom, who is tough as nails, who never had the option to stay at home with me and bake croissants whilst penning depthless Instagram novel-captions. It makes me fucking sick that a few people on the internet call her out and she moans about how hard she has it. I'm working towards a future in which I can hopefully give back to my mother for all those times she carried me ten miles on foot to the health center to get my vaccinations, for all those times she went hungry to make sure I had food to eat, for all those 3AMs she woke up at to go to work.
Being soft doesn't actually make you the toughest or bravest in the long run. It's just something people on the internet with names like bonjourmoon like to perpetuate.

Posted

Even though it seems like a small and superficial thing but similar to most here I would love to directly ask her what she'll do when they develop their own sense of style. And this is gonna be a bit OT bc I'm gonna talk about my experiences a bit where clothes became a big part of my development as a teenager and is what ultimately gave me my confidence. And despite my dad finding it a bit weird, one thing I'll always thank him for is allowing me the space to be myself. I think Kerrie has a warped idea that being an active parent is to constantly control every aspect of their child's life to avoid them getting hurt or god forbid, a narcissistic means to try and make their children an extension of themselves so they can feel as if they've somehow succeeded as a parent. An active parent is not some shadow behind their children all hours of the day, but a rock to rest on when one feels weary and a guide when one needs it. 

Posted

“little girls section”. didn’t kenna post something about shopping in the “little boys section” the other day?

cute cardigan, tbf. it’s just the wording that’s a bit weird. why not say “girls section” or “kids section”? or even just say it’s from target. 

this caption is a nice length and it’s sweet though, nice one kerrie! 

C75F4B1E-9B15-4B51-BE05-6E3A734685AF.jpeg

Posted

That cardigan is really cute. Though, I don’t think that’s from the little girls section? Teens, maybe. Unless that’s what she’s referring to. 

Posted

That cardigan is really cute. Though, I don’t think that’s from the little girls section? Teens, maybe. Unless that’s what she’s referring to. 

Yeah I'm a bit confused, wouldn't that be way too long for most kids under twelve-ish? 

Posted (edited)

It's sold under "girls" and in info says "sizing: kids" sizes go from extra small up to extra large. The girls section only has pictures of kids from around 10-12 so the advertising doesn't seem aimed at anything older, also the underwear that they sold was mostly the sort of stuff I started wearing as a tween rather than anything a 15+ would wear. I'm unfamiliar with Target however so I'm not sure whether girls would just buy from womens for more mature looking stuff (In the UK many stores have set sections for children/teens/adult but there doesn't seem to be that in Target.) I really love it too, looks cosey it's made with part spandex so it'd be stretchy and not as constrictive even if sold for children with a grown woman wearing it.

cutesleeve.thumb.png.aee8e27cebad3d2ba22

Edited by Iggybee

Posted

It's sold under "girls" and in info says "sizing: kids" sizes go from extra small up to extra large. The girls section only has pictures of kids from around 10-12 so the advertising doesn't seem aimed at anything older, also the underwear that they sold was mostly the sort of stuff I started wearing as a tween rather than anything a 15+ would wear. I'm unfamiliar with Target however so I'm not sure whether girls would just buy from womens for more mature looking stuff (In the UK many stores have set sections for children/teens/adult but there doesn't seem to be that in Target.) I really love it too, looks cosey it's made with part spandex so it'd be stretchy and not as constrictive even if sold for children with a grown woman wearing it.

cutesleeve.thumb.png.aee8e27cebad3d2ba22

Target does separate its departments into kids/teens/women (though the juniors' section and the adult section of Target specifically are basically the same thing), just like the way you said. :) 
So it is technically from the children's section, but I still wouldn't have called it the "little girl's section." That implies, like, toddlers or something.
Alsooooooo, say I was a fan of Kerrie's but not as *pixie-like* as her. My ass would be sending her a picture like something from that People of Walmart site. I imagine most of her followers probably aren't as ~teensy tiny and smol~ as she is.

(happy new year to everyone! thanks for always being hilarious and brilliant. :alpacacrush:)

Posted

The irony in Kenna liking that post... :alpacadone: Ehhh, I don't know, there's just something about them choosing to phrase it as "little boy's//girl's" sections when they could have just said kids or children's or something. I know there's probably nothing ulterior behind Kerrie saying that but it just seems so?? I just really don't get the desire to show off that you can fit into kids//teens clothes? Sure, it's kind of funny as an adult if you're that damn short lol but it's not really so impressive I'd feel the need to post on social media about it??

Part of me almost feels a little bad reading that last caption though. It kind of reads like she doesn't actually have a lot of friends IRL if she's posting captions like that on instagram?