iDubbbz

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

YouTube | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Ian Carter, also known as iDubbbz, is a YouTuber known for his satirical content, similar to videos made by Filthy Frank and H3H3 Productions. He's well known for his 'Content Cop' series as well as 'Bad Unboxing'.

Suprisingly, I haven't found a thread on iDubbbz on here, since he has said some extremely questionable things in his videos. But maybe there isn't a thread on him for a good reason? I'm unsure if he's okay to talk about on here, but if he's not then let me know!

You can either love or hate this guy. In my opinion, his content can be pretty funny at some moments, and he does bring up good points in his Content Cop videos. But what are your thoughts?

tenor.gif

Edited by chowchows

Posted

I like him and i also dont like him haha. He's funny but sometimes it's too much i guess. Im curious about his gf tho, does anyone know her Instagram? Or if she has a YouTube channel or anything, i only saw this video of him bursting in on her stream hehe.

Posted

I like his content cop series but that's about it. He irritates me at times but his content cop has always been my favourite. 

Posted

I like him. I really enjoy his content cop and disabled pokemon vids :) .   I'm black and personally I don't really take offense when he uses the N-word. (again i'm only speaking for myself) I understand him saying it can be problematic due his audience misinterpreting his point and using the N-word more frequently as a derogatory joke. However I don't think it's iDubbz fault, honestly his content is meant to be satire and offensive and he's allowed to have his own opinions. If his audience choose to be immature and dense then that's a separate issue. I know a lot of people disagree with many of the other things he says but overall, I don't really see a problem with him as a person. 

Posted

I really only liked his content cop videos but wouldn't call myself a fan, sorta like everyone else I am really not comfortable with the way he says the n-word. I'm really not okay with the usage of this word, regardless of intended satire. Like I really have no idea why anyone wants the say the n-word so much but, sure, fine.

Sorta like what reboot said, he sounds like the type of person who thinks he's smarter than he really is and constantly toots his horn about it. I PERSONALLY can't stand this type of person, regardless of who they are or if i find them funny, this personality trait just invokes a "fight or Flight" mindset.

Posted

im a big fan of him. it took me a while to come around but his sense of humor is very similar to mine. at first i was very uncomfortable with his use of slurs but i think ive become desensitized to it now. i still think its quite cringey, but i can understand his point of view to not give certain words power. just not something ill be doing in my personal life lol

Posted

I like him and i also dont like him haha. He's funny but sometimes it's too much i guess. Im curious about his gf tho, does anyone know her Instagram? Or if she has a YouTube channel or anything, i only saw this video of him bursting in on her stream hehe.

I actually do find his girlfriend interesting too. Or more how odd it seems that they’re dating, she rather seems like a gal he’d have made fun of before? Idk. Her handle on instagram is @anisajomha, I think it’s the same for Twitter and she's on YouTube too. She has a bunch threads on lolcow, but their autosaged. Anisa used to be a titty streamer on twitch (raihnbowkidz, there are some articles on her because her mom used to be a mod in her chat). 

Ever since she got together with Ian she seems to be switching between bringing up she’s his girlfriend every 2 sentences and saying she doesn’t date him for his fame and she doesn’t want people to follow her to see him/ask about him... 

(Image of her old stream from lolcow...)

1505705091944.png

Posted

(1st time replying to a thread on pull so im sorry if anythings off)

I love... and also hate his videos. Mainly because I adore stupid youtube drama

Idk. He just seems like your typical "intellectual" who never grew out of his 13 year old edgy humor but it IS fun watching him scalp other youtubers (he peaked during the leafy fiasco imo)

On the topic of him and his gf, I've only seen them interact a few times but.... it seemed really fucking awkward?? Maybe its just me but I dont feel any chemistry between them whatsoever. Makes me wonder how they even got together...

Posted

I've always thought he was ~okay~ but he had a negative impact on my ex/bff. his girlfriend is pretty cute tho. 

he started saying the n-word ironically because of Ian, which I was not okay with, but I let it slide (I'm mixed.) then he said something like, "anyone who isn't a poc shouldn't say it." and i was like... anyone who isn't black shouldn't say it, even then it's kinda meh. and he SASSED me. like, dude, lol. so thanks for your #influence, Ian. 

Posted

This dude is not a decent comedian. He never makes jokes, so he aint funny or clever, he's a bitter asshole with no punchlines. He makes bank from tween boys' sadistic need to insult everyone to filth. Then calls it satire. 

"don't give certain words power," this edgy prick doesn't have the authority to take the power of those words away either. too late, we got hundreds of years of sociopolitical power in those slurs. You aren't changing that now, Ian.