• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

292 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, this is my first topic on here, I'm new to this site. I wanted to discuss a music company called 88rising who are quite famous on youtube. They're mostly known for managing Rich Brian, Joji, Keith Ape, Higher Brothers, etc. 

EW.thumb.png.6695f355190adc3f1e1622bc00c

Their founder is Sean Miyashiro

seanew.thumb.PNG.6f80b6d27a85ec595f96097 source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4BUXDONL8 (another cringe vid of some guy praising this label) 

seanew2.thumb.PNG.168f1c0947a7100efcdf4b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their purpose is to help East Asians find audiences in the US and their channel MOSTLY includes trap, hip hop, EDM music, or any fucking artist who is East Asian and makes good music.

EW3.thumb.PNG.6819ac313216a6b9f0818c95ad

Their channel basically has everything to do with East Asian shit and East Asian culture. 

EW2.thumb.PNG.71d2c1e2a4c9883fdb4702e453

I have no problem with them other than the fact that they seem like a try-hard wannabe Fung Brothers(which someone already said & I agreed w/) when Asia is the LARGEST CONTINENT and is not just about East Asians. If their channel was so much about Asians, then why don't they put Central/South Asians, East Russians, or Middle Easterners on there? And they seem arrogant (& unprofessional) just because they have connections.

This is NOT my pic, it's from the lilymaymac forum -

TEXTS.thumb.PNG.209f3a81f4a9bce75269acb9

Lilymaymac was a "model" they hired who is actually a self-hating pure Filipina who's only famous for cat-fishing herself to look half-White, she's also prejudiced and racist to Black people. They are hypocritical for hiring someone like her and these were their replies ^. Trashy and unprofessional... but after that, they unfollowed her and she seems to be off their label now.

Their music is okay (I have a few favorite artists on there) but they seem to mainly jump on the trap rap hype or going for whatever is popular now. I dislike the mumble rappers they put on there because they're talentless! They have good cameras and all, but the video production is cringe as hell. I mean I like WeChat by Higher Brothers, but the music video was just basic and awkward/cringe for the texts - 

TEXTS2.thumb.PNG.63d76c08f8e57dd473e5d41

LMFAO they're nowhere near rap labels like Death Row Records or Aftermath Entertainment. 

What I thought was strange was how they made adult models perform sexual acts on Rich Brian (one of their youngest artists) who was 17 at the time. Like wtf, he's a minor. xD  I found it gross, creepy, and full of double standards (not many people said anything about this bc HE'S A BOY and it's TRAP).

CHIGGA.thumb.PNG.62c7e772abb5e08067a3f80

CHIGGA2.thumb.PNG.e8653089ede4e188c5518e

CHIGGA3.thumb.PNG.41c84758061749f99a608d

The woman on the right is one of their models, I think. Her instagram is @aleshaninja and I think remember searching somewhere before that she's in her late 20s. I don't know because I can't read Japanese. 

SUMGIRL.thumb.jpg.abb879f325630b5c399ca7

^ I've also looked at her instagram and she looks full Japanese with iris implant surgery and bleached blonde hair. Seems like another East Asian trying to look White. She also looks cross-eyed, such cheap models that are quite unattractive like Lilymaymac. Lol and is 88rising really an "Asian-promoting" company for hiring models like this? What I'm concerned about is that 88rising condones weird shit like this? LMAO

When I watch their rap music videos, they're just like mainstream trap, they don't treat women as anything more other than sex objects. Trap rap is about "getting something", it's not real rap. Haha, I wonder what else they do with the women behind the scenes.This is all I know about 88rising, what are your opinions? 

Edited by anonymouskid

Posted

Hi, this is my first topic on here, I'm new to this site. I wanted to discuss a music company called 88rising who are quite famous on youtube. They're mostly known for managing Rich Chigga, Joji, Keith Ape, Higher Brothers, etc. 

EW.thumb.png.6695f355190adc3f1e1622bc00c

Their purpose is to help East Asians find audiences in the US and their channel MOSTLY includes trap, hip hop, EDM music, or any fucking artist who is East Asian and makes good music.

EW3.thumb.PNG.6819ac313216a6b9f0818c95ad

Their channel basically has everything to do with East Asian shit and East Asian culture. 

EW2.thumb.PNG.71d2c1e2a4c9883fdb4702e453

I have no problem with them other than the fact that they seem like a try-hard wannabe Fung Brothers(which someone already said & I agreed w/) when Asia is the LARGEST CONTINENT and is not just about East Asians. And seem arrogant (& unprofessional) just because they have connections. (these are NOT my pics, they're from the lilymaymac forum)

TEXTS.thumb.PNG.209f3a81f4a9bce75269acb9

Lilymaymac was a "model" they hired who is actually a self-hating pure Filipina who's only famous for cat-fishing herself to look half-White, she's also prejudiced and racist to Black people. They are hypocritical for hiring someone like her and these were their replies ^. Trashy and unprofessional... but after that, they unfollowed her and she seems to be off their label now.

Their music is okay (I have a few favorite artists on there) but they seem to mainly jump on the trap rap hype or going for whatever is popular now. I dislike the mumble rappers they put on there because they're talent-less! They have good cameras and all, but the video production is cringe as hell. I mean I like WeChat by Higher Brothers, but the music video was just basic and awkward/cringe for the texts - 

TEXTS2.thumb.PNG.63d76c08f8e57dd473e5d41

LMFAO they're nowhere near rap labels like Death Row Records or Aftermath Entertainment. 

What I thought was strange was how they made adult models perform sexual acts on Rich Chigga (one of their youngest artists) who was 17 at the time. Like wtf, he's a minor. xD  I found it gross and full of double standards (not many people said anything about this bc HE'S A BOY and it's TRAP).

CHIGGA.thumb.PNG.62c7e772abb5e08067a3f80

CHIGGA2.thumb.PNG.e8653089ede4e188c5518e

CHIGGA3.thumb.PNG.41c84758061749f99a608d

The woman on the right is one of their models, I think. Her instagram is @aleshaninja and I think remember searching somewhere before that she's in her late 20s. I don't know because I can't read Chinese. 

SUMGIRL.thumb.jpg.abb879f325630b5c399ca7

^ I've also looked at her instagram and she looks full Chinese with iris implant surgery and bleached blonde hair. Seems like another East Asian trying to look White. Lol is 88rising really an "Asian-promoting" company for hiring models like this? What I'm concerned about is that 88rising condones weird shit like this? LMAO

When I watch their rap music videos, they're just like mainstream trap, they don't treat women as anything more other than sex objects. Trap rap is about "getting something", it's not real rap. This is all I know about 88rising, what are your opinions? 

daaammmnnn expose them!!!

Posted

they are quite arrogant to the point I unfollowed their social media...even though I like rich chigga and higher brothers.. they are completely demeaning to women and not promoting any women artists actively or with respect 

Posted

We Asians should just disown them and strip them from their right to represent us with their lilymaymac supporting ass and arrogant shitty attude they have showed in customer service. They should know they are NOTHING without us. We don't serve 88, 88 serves us. WE made them and WE are the ones they should listen to. Fuck "representing Asians" when you treat us like we're idiots and only numbers you can milk money from.

they only had Lily as their model cause 'shes pretty and famous' but she doesn't have skills, like bro she can't even make/keep friends and she's awkward, racist, and a catfish like 88 you had one job!

they are quite arrogant to the point I unfollowed their social media...even though I like rich chigga and higher brothers.. they are completely demeaning to women and not promoting any women artists actively or with respect 

i see your point, and yet the women they did promote was Lily who has the personality of wet trash bag...sigh what has society come too

Something that pisses me off is that shes a koreaboo/ weeaboo. Like she hates asian people yet she likes them for the aesthetics. And she was fetishing the Japanese clothes (i don't remember much about what clothes or whatever she was doing). It pisses me off how she gets away with it...

Posted

i have such mixed feelings about them...like i honestly feel like their audience is more geared towards getting black and white people to think asians are "cool" rather than actual asians.

Posted

i've seen 88rising promoting this artist named Yaeji, and imo I really like her music. She's very different compared to the kinds of girls they have on their platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxCItHxLiM

Posted (edited)

Edited by reboot
nvm

Posted

sooo what's the 88 in their name stand for because i'm p sure 88 is used by nazi's for "heil hitler" as h is the 8th letter of the alphabet... idk, just a weird number to choose with that connotation behind it. when i first saw this thread i thought this was going to be about some nazi group lol

Posted

is that girl really Chinese? literally all her Instagram posts have Japanese letters, not Chinese. 

Posted

sooo what's the 88 in their name stand for because i'm p sure 88 is used by nazi's for "heil hitler" as h is the 8th letter of the alphabet... idk, just a weird number to choose with that connotation behind it. when i first saw this thread i thought this was going to be about some nazi group lol

seriously I thought I was walking into a racist snowflake thread. 

I have no idea who these people are but from the pictures alone, they look like fucking posers and a cringefest lmfao. 

If I could show 88rising with a picture, it would be a picture of a skinny, half naked 15 year old boy holding an airsoft gun at the camera looking like he gangsta or some shit lol. 

Also leave Yaeji alone, 88. Don’t drag her down.

Posted

uhhh i hope thats not true lol but 88 symbolizes good luck in china and are lucky numbers so im pretty sure that's what theyre going for

Posted

uhhh i hope thats not true lol but 88 symbolizes good luck in china and are lucky numbers so im pretty sure that's what theyre going for

nope it's true https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/88 but thanks for the explanation, i didn't know that! shame it also has this kind of meaning over here though

Posted

That is a truly unfortunate name. (Though thanks @reboot for pointing out why they probably did that.) I can’t imagine how people who have no clue would react to that merch though...