• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Melanie Martinez

1865 posts in this topic

Posted

So she said the music for this film/album and I know it’s only a 30sec snippet of one song but it literally sounds the same as crybaby to me .. same circus/music box instrumental, same lyrical style .. 

Melanie is a one trick pony imo. I don't think she really can do anything other than her uwu sexy baby shtick 

Posted

So there was only 1 snippet for all of the “assignment” locations, just the Lunchbox Friends one. Seems like more of these are coming.

Her fans were complaining about the day they chose to do this whole “assignment” thing because apparently in New York state all students there are required to take mandatory regent exams on this day. So a lot of kids were late or missed it all together. And I mean yeah I gotta agree that it’s dumb... your main demographic is middle/high school teens, and you pick the one day of the year they have mandatory testing to put on this event?? 

I was trying to find more stuff about this thing, and someone who went said that Melanie herself of course wasn’t there, but her team was. Her team was happy they came to the “assignment” and took a pic of her that they sent directly to Melanie + gave them a postcard (according to this person anyway).

anyway here’s some recent pics I wanted to throw in of her with some friends celebrating one of their birthdays:

38A13DF6-DB69-4635-9B73-6BCDC9FC5597.jpeg

96C9AA06-D4FA-4A63-82C6-E7C8438E9A7D.jpeg

Posted

So I’m thinking and isn’t the 6th of September like the day kids go back to school? Shouldn’t she release the album and merch before so they can buy her back to school merch before school? 

Also a thought about her songs since she’s realised her fan base is basically just kids at this point and listening to the first 2 song snippets her songs are probably going to be even more childish than crybaby was 

Posted

So there was only 1 snippet for all of the “assignment” locations, just the Lunchbox Friends one. Seems like more of these are coming.

Her fans were complaining about the day they chose to do this whole “assignment” thing because apparently in New York state all students there are required to take mandatory regent exams on this day. So a lot of kids were late or missed it all together. And I mean yeah I gotta agree that it’s dumb... your main demographic is middle/high school teens, and you pick the one day of the year they have mandatory testing to put on this event?? 

I was trying to find more stuff about this thing, and someone who went said that Melanie herself of course wasn’t there, but her team was. Her team was happy they came to the “assignment” and took a pic of her that they sent directly to Melanie + gave them a postcard (according to this person anyway).

anyway here’s some recent pics I wanted to throw in of her with some friends celebrating one of their birthdays:

38A13DF6-DB69-4635-9B73-6BCDC9FC5597.jpeg

96C9AA06-D4FA-4A63-82C6-E7C8438E9A7D.jpeg

Tbh and this whole "assignment"  thing remindes me of when Death grips did their ARG back when they was promoting  their  "No love Deep web" album they had people do all fucking dumb shit like answering a  payphone in the middle of no where, getting a jar of honey from a bee collecter  plus most of the clue was on the dark web that they ended up canceling the ARG.

A less extreem example would be Emilie Autumn back in the day she aranged a scavenger hunt for her album Enchant but only released on of the clues.

Posted (edited)

Melanie is a one trick pony imo. I don't think she really can do anything other than her uwu sexy baby shtick 

judging from her interviews/artistry she's not smart enough/intelligent enough to do anything else as an artist. melanie thinks she's some kind of edgy ~deep~ musician but she has the depth of a 13 year old. 

melanie is like this decade's emilie autumn tbh. she uses mental illness/the "wow i'm so cRaZy" thing as an accessory to her image and is overtly annoying about it. emilie autumn was bad but at least her lyrics were like, somewhat decent but we still had to put up with her insane 'asylum' thing. melanie is like 10x worse and is very obviously flaunting her love for DDLG, which is alarming bc a lot of her fans are very young impressionable young girls. 

also melanie is an idiot. "i thought everything we did is consensual!!!!" oh my god how can someone be so stupid 

Edited by esotika

Posted

I found the postcard that was given to people who showed up to the assignment locations:

B31505E4-91A1-48BB-9378-893C2145BE68.jpeg

72BAD80F-8AFA-46AB-9D37-6191CFB708C2.jpeg

Posted

hold on a hot fucking second.

is this woman, whose persona and whole aesthetic can be summed up "sexy baby", actually explicitly producing merchandise targeted specifically for kids "K-12"????????????

giphy.gif

Posted

I found the postcard that was given to people who showed up to the assignment locations:

B31505E4-91A1-48BB-9378-893C2145BE68.jpeg

72BAD80F-8AFA-46AB-9D37-6191CFB708C2.jpeg

Yeah OK  Willy Wonka

All this just to pump merch? I mean why even bother with the hunt today? if it was a online thing i guess but a IRL hunt when NYC kids had a test to take why?

Plus the store doesn't even open till September. I get it if it was a pop up shop but people were really going out of their way to get this shit for a code for her online store?

idk but sis need to do more than this

Posted

Plus the store doesn't even open till September. I get it if it was a pop up shop but people were really going out of their way to get this shit for a code for her online store?

idk but sis need to do more than this

Well actually, no one knew about the postcards until they showed up to the specified locations. No one actually knew why they were going to the locations, or what would happen/be there. 

The main goal behind this first “assignment” was for fans to go to the locations and find the Lunchbox Friends snippet. Seems like the card was just a bonus.

Also yeah I thought of Willy Wonka’s golden tickets when I saw the card too lol

Posted (edited)

hold on a hot fucking second.

is this woman, whose persona and whole aesthetic can be summed up "sexy baby", actually explicitly producing merchandise targeted specifically for kids "K-12"????????????

giphy.gif

No K-12 is the name of the album and movie, which takes place in a big school for grades Kinder through 12th. They’re not saying the merch was made for k-12 age people, they mean the merch is for the album/movie.

So basically they’re making an exclusive piece of merch for the album and giving it away for free to anyone who has the code and buys something.

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

Didn’t Melanie herself say that her second album would be totally different? That new “sneak peek” of one of her new songs doesn’t sound different from her Crybaby album at all. I feel like I’ve seen this all before. In the vid, those “bleh I’m crazy” faces and the “traumatic” events are just a copy of her first album. It’s like she copied the same formula yet again. The difference this time is that the acting is worse. Also I didn’t like that song imo   the lyrics are kind of just thrown together...

Also I’ve seen that “bus falls into ocean filled with kids” thing before in many movies, however I can’t think of any right now except for Trick R’ Treat. And what was that Mean Girls thing at the end???

Idk if she said that but yeah this is the same shit from here nothing new.

Posted

Also I’ve seen that “bus falls into ocean filled with kids” thing before in many movies, however I can’t think of any right now except for Trick R’ Treat. And what was that Mean Girls thing at the end??? 

the simpsons did it and that's what I'm thinking of when seeing it (but I'm sure they were paroding something ). Possibly a parody of the sweet hereafter. The video isn't available in my region (and my vpn is down) but the cake dress in the stills looks like a 90s toy I had as a kid or a dolly varden cake.