Melanie Martinez

537 posts in this topic

Posted

Glad nobody is debating mels sexuality tho, when I heard about what happened I didn't even think about it until someone pointed that out. Shouldn't be that important tbh

Posted

Glad nobody is debating mels sexuality tho, when I heard about what happened I didn't even think about it until someone pointed that out. Shouldn't be that important tbh

It should but it keep getting put on the back burner. 

Posted (edited)

To do with Melanie's book, I thought she did her own art for that..? I distinctly remember hearing from heaps of friends who were fans from her that she wrote it and illustrated all things to do with Crybaby, and I haven't seen any credit given to the actual artist from Melanie. Maybe I haven't been looking though, correct me if I'm wrong.

https://youtu.be/IQffh3D9f7U

Here ya go, in this Interview at 2:04 Melanie is asked about the artist for all the Crybaby stuff:alpacaheadshake:

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

Pointing out how drugs can influence your way of giving proper consent isn't pointing fingers at everyone who's having sex whilst not being 100% sober. I originally made the comment about people not being able to give proper consent whilst being stoned and even linked some sources BECAUSE its important in some cases and I wanted to raise the issue that people react differently on drugs than they would being sober, does that mean I think everyone stoned/drunk having sex is a rapist? NO, however, its important to acknowledge the effect of drugs on the human body.
Its important to talk about these issues because its often swept under the rug or even taken as a way of judging survivors/victims of rape.
If someone says weed or any other drug clouded their mind its important to recognize that drugs alter your perception for that one case that is debated. ffs some people~

Posted

Posted (edited)

There are just so many ways you can get hair bows that match your outfit. The point is would you buy something from a guy accused of rape? Or murder? If you said no you are missing the point. Crime has no gender. Think about the entire OJ Simpson ordeal. Did people rush out to buy his stuff because it went on sale? Probably. Did they regret it? Maybe. Look how things went for him. Even if this never goes to trial, the fact is it could. The fact remains she is accused of a criminal illegal assault. Do you really want to support that?

if you google her, articals appear about the sexual assault. People might recognise that bow in your hair and they might comment ‘hey wasn’t she accused of rape?’ Be ready for that.

There are plenty of cute handmade bows on etsy. Support a independent artist! Of learn to make your own with your own choice of ribbon. Ribbon is avalible at any craft store, and if not online. I’m sure there is some perfect ribbon to match your outfit out there. 

Edited by CrownJewel

Posted

I think the thing is, some people rather take advantage of awful situations.

no guilt, no care in the world because it's "easier".

i myself find myself wanting to purchase Cosmetics from companies known to be problematic because it's easier than to look for a replacement. 

But the thing is I decide to be a good decent human being and realize that purchasing these items are supporting them so I take to route of looking for alternatives even if they're not High brand and well known or have a dazzling name to them.

i refuse to support anyone who is accused of rape and rely on their fans literally attacking the victim and cornering her with a bunch of photos because the dates don't match. 

The thing I often hear from her supporters are "well it was 2 years ago" and placing it as a long time ago than repeating dates don't match. Well of course they don't she could easily have had a mixmatch of days because not only was it two years ago but it's also something she's been in denial about.

the whole smoking things is part of it because 

Melanie hounded her for 2 days, than offered her weed because it'll help her sleep than proceeded to go down on her and penetrate her with sex toys. 

Thats the same as getting someone drunk just to fuck them.

if you both willingly have sex while high than okay it happens but the thing is it's clear from what Timothy said that Melanie did this planned. She planned to get her high so it would calm her down and loosen her up than performed the act on her.

THAT is when it's a problem.

these little snide remarks about "oh everyone I know must be a rapist because blah blah"

no if you all got high and do it all the time and than both decided to fuck than okay.

they didn't hound you for 2 days while you said no? Okay.

they didn't offer you the weed and tell you it would calm you down so you could sleep better? Great!

they didn't than proceed to perform sexual acts on you when you were in a state that you couldn't do much but just lay there? Okay.

melanie never said that Timothy's story about laying there while being high was a lie.

she only said it wasn't a rape because she didn't say no during it.

tha she goes and changes it all up by saying "thank you my fans for finding the lies with evidence from photos and other things gathered up"

evidence of what? That it didn't happen? Photos do not matter based on dates it,alters that you admitted it happened and only denied that it wasn't rape at all Melanie don't change the story upwhen yoythink you can gather your fans up and rally for you. 

If your closest friends and even people who worked on your career with you that are a huge part of your career and music videos and art are fucking leaving and standing with Timothy than obviously Melanie wasn't a very kind and gentle person as she wants people to know.

what has Melanie been doing that made her friends and people who need her for the promotions leave like it was the last straw? 

Surely they would have just stayed quiet like Her sick friend Yungelita?