• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Melanie Martinez

1878 posts in this topic

Posted

Did anyone else see this?

78BED6FE-7310-4AEE-9D9A-C392F2622BC3.png

Posted

Did anyone else see this?

78BED6FE-7310-4AEE-9D9A-C392F2622BC3.png

yup, the crybabies are fighting with Stella and telling her that Melanie made her and some other pretty mean stuff (for no reason) and now everyone's hates each other

Posted

yup, the crybabies are fighting with Stella and telling her that Melanie made her and some other pretty mean stuff (for no reason) and now everyone's hates each other.                  

The way Stella popped off though ☕️☕️☕️

EE4D0159-05AB-45D4-A0FB-0D7EA64D9BD5.png

87CF7E55-2FCF-4CCC-A89D-EF38259026B4.png

0E7D9EFA-5503-4FF4-8AB2-72F5F611AF00.png

4EB8CD17-A504-4D21-AAAD-4860EF38824B.png

03D0DCE3-F5B9-49A7-929B-498400D7FE0B.png

Posted

hey, long time lurker (finally made an account). as an sorta ex stan (still kinda a casual fan, but eh) this is kinda a rant or like, my issues on her. 

1.) shes dependent on her fans too much. yes while all artists are somewhat dependent on their fans (that’s no secret), she’s too heavily dependent on them. i don’t mean to bring this up to stir trouble, but, a good example is the rape allegations. she put up a very weak statement, and only followed up once fans were able to piece together somewhat of a timeline. regardless if you think she did it or not, a bunch of teenagers shouldn’t have to be a vigilante for a 20+ year old woman. she should’ve gotten a team of lawyers or gathered the evidence herself instead of her fans. not only that but not dropping singles after a four year break hoping her fanbase could carry her. she’s not at a level where she can do that yet. her album didn’t do so well. hell, she’s up for a grammy for a song and it’s from her last album. she needs the promotion but she won’t listen. 

2.) lyrical decline. melanie back in her teen years did a pretty damn good job at lyrics, it seems like now she’s been on a bit of a decline. while it is edgy, it’s no where near as bad as her recent stuff. for comparison sake i’m gonna take the weakest line out of from crybaby (alphabet boy) and the weakest line from k-12 (show & tell) and kinda compare them. 

I know my ABC's, yet you keep teaching me
I say, fuck your degree, alphabet boy
You think you're smarter than me with all your bad poetry
Fuck all your ABC's, alphabet boy”

yes, this is pretty lackluster, yes it’s hella edgy, yes it’s pretty bad but there’s purpose to it. the pre chorus, chorus, and bridge is the only place where she breaks that alliteration pattern. along with the fucks it helps convey she’s pretty upset. the references to the ABC’s, degrees, and poetry give that kinda child-like feel the album was going for. while not the best, gives the imagery and metaphor. while yes, alphabet boy isn’t her best song by far, there at least purpose. now let’s compare that with the weakest line in k-12 (imo)

“Why is it so hard to see? (Why?)
If I cut myself, I would bleed (kill me)
I'm just like you, you're like me
Imperfect and human are we
Show and tell
I'm on display for all you fuckers to see”

this is waaaay to on the nose. i get it your supposed to watch it with a film, but still. all the metaphors and stuff with crybaby is gone. the line about cutting yourself has no purpose. it doesn’t provide anything to help boost the theme, and it makes the song way too on the nose. absolutely nothing in the song provides that school like metaphor she’s going for. it feels like she just picked a social issue and a kid thing out of a hat and saw how she could fit it together.

3.) her fanbase. i know this isn’t directly correlated but as an ex member i wanna say i hate it here. it’s so toxic, for a woman who preaches about love and positivity you think her fanbase would reflect that. it’s almost like a cult, everyone gets upset if you call her out even if it’s for simple things and there’s always drama 24/7. besides a select few places like the melanie martinez wiki, voicing negative opinions gets an onslaught of “uWu fAkE fAn” bullshit. i know she has no control over it, but it’s just annoying and toxic. 

idk if anybody is gonna read that but there ya go that’s some of my opinions.

Posted

1.) shes dependent on her fans too much. yes while all artists are somewhat dependent on their fans (that’s no secret), she’s too heavily dependent on them. i don’t mean to bring this up to stir trouble, but, a good example is the rape allegations. she put up a very weak statement, and only followed up once fans were able to piece together somewhat of a timeline. regardless if you think she did it or not, a bunch of teenagers shouldn’t have to be a vigilante for a 20+ year old woman. she should’ve gotten a team of lawyers or gathered the evidence herself instead of her fans. not only that but not dropping singles after a four year break hoping her fanbase could carry her. she’s not at a level where she can do that yet. her album didn’t do so well. hell, she’s up for a grammy for a song and it’s from her last album. she needs the promotion but she won’t listen. 

3.) her fanbase. i know this isn’t directly correlated but as an ex member i wanna say i hate it here. it’s so toxic, for a woman who preaches about love and positivity you think her fanbase would reflect that. it’s almost like a cult, everyone gets upset if you call her out even if it’s for simple things and there’s always drama 24/7. besides a select few places like the melanie martinez wiki, voicing negative opinions gets an onslaught of “uWu fAkE fAn” bullshit. i know she has no control over it, but it’s just annoying and toxic. 
Spoiler cuz long

I definetly agree with these two, especially with the first one. We stans still have to defend her ass all the time, we're getting called rapists and pedos and we have to bring up stuff from years ago, such as the proof and the Piper video. This could all have been avoided if she actually went to court or something and explained what happened. I really hoped that some interviewer asked her about it so she could speak up, but I guess interviewers didn't want to bring it up, so that's not her fault.

The only thing she does to defend herself is making songs, which I get I mean she's an artist and it's her way to vent, but nobody is gonna listen to that AND understand how she feels except fans. She really needs to talk about it so we can end all of this, and I don't mean writing 3 songs that are passive agressive and very vague (I think that's the word for it). I'm just tired of defending her ass.

About the album and stuff. Her stubborn taurus ass annoys me sometimes. Like the album was done for 2 years, she has, idk, like 50 unreleased finished songs. She could've released something. And her reason for not doing so is bc she wanted people to have the whole experience, which I get, but you have to earn money back luv. And she was lucky that we streamed the sh*t out of it, bc I don't think she would have earned a lot if we didn't. Also, we do all the promotion for her. I still stand by my point that she should have released a finished unreleased song to keep her fans and attract new fans without ruining 'the experience'.

Also about the toxic fans, I see a lot of them literally hating on Timothy for existing. Like she was going on tour, great for her and her fans, but like that's none of our business, but what do the toxic fans do? They literally talk about harrassing and even killing her. And it's so normalized in this fandom. I would really like to say that only a small part of the fandom is like that, but it's actually a huge part. The most recent thing was with stella. 

Someone posted a tweet on Mother's day wishing happy mother's day to Stella, bc she played crybaby's mom, and with that tweet they attached some screenshots of 2 tweets from stella from 2017 or something talking about Melanie. I can't remember if it was the weed one of the one where she says that Melanie is shitty or both. Stella hasn't talked about Melanie ever since that, but crybabies went on and harrassed the sh*t out of Stella for no reason. The only reason why I'm staying in this fandom is bc of nostalgia and to support Mel. + the drama can be fun to watch sometimes. 

Oh and about the fake fans thing, it really is annoying af, like just be happy sis is getting streams.

Posted

Spoiler cuz long

Hidden Content

Also about the toxic fans, I see a lot of them literally hating on Timothy for existing”

I totally agree, like Timothy is posting a ton about BLM right now and everyone on twitter is like “but she’s racist!!!” with a screenshot of  her saying “I was stoned n*gga” back in 2013. I would prefer if she never used that word and thankfully she hasn’t used it online since that post, but the context wasn’t anti-black. Also I feel like the MM fandom has no right to blow a little thing out of proportion.  The MM fandom hates when Melanie wears pink and everyone is like “MELANIE IS A PEDOPHILE!111!1!” and as a Timothy fan I hate it too. I would rather see genuine constructive criticism of her work because K-12 was confusing and really had no plot, but everyone just wants to be like “ShE wEaRs bAbY cLoThEs1!1!” 

Posted

hey, long time lurker (finally made an account). as an sorta ex stan (still kinda a casual fan, but eh) this is kinda a rant or like, my issues on her. 

1.) shes dependent on her fans too much. yes while all artists are somewhat dependent on their fans (that’s no secret), she’s too heavily dependent on them. i don’t mean to bring this up to stir trouble, but, a good example is the rape allegations. she put up a very weak statement, and only followed up once fans were able to piece together somewhat of a timeline. regardless if you think she did it or not, a bunch of teenagers shouldn’t have to be a vigilante for a 20+ year old woman. she should’ve gotten a team of lawyers or gathered the evidence herself instead of her fans. 

She acted like it was an ARG making her fans "crack the code" and "analyze the timeline" or whatever 

Posted

“Why is it so hard to see? (Why?)
If I cut myself, I would bleed (kill me)
I'm just like you, you're like me
Imperfect and human are we

Probably the worst lyrics on a major release since the guy from ICP said "Fucking magnets, how do they work?"

Posted (edited)

Off-topic, but yesterday I stumbled upon this youtube channel that has uploaded lots of her Instagram Stories and I don't know if it's just me, but I find it extremely weird how she's checking herself out in literally 97% of them. She looks at herself (not at the camera, at her face) and makes a pouty/open-mouthed/distant look face and maybe has some old, vintage song playing in the background. If she's feeling creative she adds an emoji.

There's one from this year in which she's in her Highschool Sweethearts costume with her back to the camera and next to it it's written "Nov 14, 2018" - what's the point in this Storie? Is it supposed to be the day she got the costume done? The day she recorded the music video? I don't get it. There's another one from this year too in which she's just doing weird, non-sensical movements with her hand...? She has the perfect opportunity to interact with her fans now that she's not touring and yet all she does is this Tik Tok-esque shit.

But yea, most of them are just her face while she does some weird move to be seen as ~quirky~, I'm guessing. You'd think that at the rate she uploads Stories (the biggest gap this year was of 8 days) she could upload one with her boyfriend or something. He does upload quite the Stories with or about her.
The ones where she's with friends (which are very, very little and has always been like that) she always does some eccentric move and throws a fake high pitched laugh in.

And don't get me started in the promotional Stories she did for Play Date - she's never had that baby voice, ever. If anything she has kind of a deep voice. No wonders she's fucking it up if she's not only singing but also talking like that.

She reminds me a lot of Amerblynn Reid with all these narcissistic tendencies she has.

Edited by Agni
spelling

Posted (edited)

Off-topic, but yesterday I stumbled upon this youtube channel that has uploaded lots of her Instagram Stories and I don't know if it's just me, but I find it extremely weird how she's checking herself out in literally 97% of them. She looks at herself (not at the camera, at her face) and makes a pouty/open-mouthed/distant look face and maybe has some old, vintage song playing in the background. If she's feeling creative she adds an emoji.

There's one from this year in which she's in her Highschool Sweethearts costume with her back to the camera and next to it it's written "Nov 14, 2018" - what's the point in this Storie? Is it supposed to be the day she got the costume done? The day she recorded the music video? I don't get it. There's another one from this year too in which she's just doing weird, non-sensical movements with her hand...? She has the perfect opportunity to interact with her fans now that she's not touring and yet all she does is this Tik Tok-esque shit.

But yea, most of them are just her face while she does some weird move to be seen as ~quirky~, I'm guessing. You'd think that at the rate she uploads Stories (the biggest gap this year was of 8 days) she could upload one with her boyfriend or something. He does upload quite the Stories with or about her.
The ones where she's with friends (which are very, very little and has always been like that) she always does some eccentric move and throws a fake high pitched laugh in.

And don't get me started in the promotional Stories she did for Play Date - she's never had that baby voice, ever. If anything she has kind of a deep voice. No wonders she's fucking it up if she's not only singing but also talking like that.

She reminds me a lot of Amerblynn Reid with all these narcissistic tendencies she has.

There is a compilation of her IG stories on YouTube 

https://youtu.be/dXRalQV59LI 

https://youtu.be/K7DI7R_k5jg 

https://youtu.be/NL21GUlp_qI

https://youtu.be/tKj5KXAfd8I

https://youtu.be/qVEpMbOOHcw

https://youtu.be/hmcG4pompbA

https://youtu.be/FGGW9Jv1pX0

Notice she does that a lot in her a lot of a her ig stories and there would usually be no sound but I think it’s kinda creepy though.

Edited by Sweetener

Posted (edited)

I can't believe I watched every single video lol. 1 hour and 20 minutes of Stories and I've counted like 7 promotional-related Stories, 4 in which she's singing and only 1 interacting with fans - which was pretty weird because she was tarot reading (? Idk how to say this) a follower. The rest are her just checking herself out, sometimes with a fake deep text, sometimes with an emoji, and a pair with her dog.

The one in which she appears with her dog (Minnie?) on her lap and you can just tell she's trying so hard to no look at herself made me cackle out loud. And there is another one in which she's laughing way too loudly in her (I assume) front door while she grabs a boy's neck... think how weird is that - she waited for him with the Instagram app ready to record, grabbed him, gave a witch laugh and abruptly cut the video. No idea who this boy is, but I'm 99% sure he isn't a public figure. Maybe he's the person she's sharing the rent with? It didn't look like he wanted to be recorded.

Oooh, and the one in which she's in front of a mirror doing weird movements with her legs with a text (paraphrasing), "This is how I'm feeling about life"... It gives me ~quirky girl tiktoker~ vibes tbh.

I do like the ones in which she dances. But overall she just gives such a forced perfect whimsical persona. I understand if you're feeling pretty one day and you decide to show yourself off to your followers. But every single day? For some years now? And shoving the camera into your friends' face when they're distracted and look weird and then zoom back to you, perfectly posing? She always has the perfect clothes, makeup, hairstyle, lighting, location... So much for being human and imperfect lol. She looks and feels so calculated. She's hard to work with, but I can't even imagine living with her.

Anyways, does anybody know what happened to her other dog? She did have two bulldogs, right? The only that has appeared these last two years is the white one.

Edited by Agni

Posted (edited)

I can't believe I watched every single video lol. 1 hour and 20 minutes of Stories and I've counted like 7 promotional-related Stories, 4 in which she's singing and only 1 interacting with fans - which was pretty weird because she was tarot reading (? Idk how to say this) a follower. The rest are her just checking herself out, sometimes with a fake deep text, sometimes with an emoji, and a pair with her dog.

The one in which she appears with her dog (Minnie?) on her lap and you can just tell she's trying so hard to no look at herself made me cackle out loud. And there is another one in which she's laughing way too loudly in her (I assume) front door while she grabs a boy's neck... think how weird is that - she waited for him with the Instagram app ready to record, grabbed him, gave a witch laugh and abruptly cut the video. No idea who this boy is, but I'm 99% sure he isn't a public figure. Maybe he's the person she's sharing the rent with? It didn't look like he wanted to be recorded.

Oooh, and the one in which she's in front of a mirror doing weird movements with her legs with a text (paraphrasing), "This is how I'm feeling about life"... It gives me ~quirky girl tiktoker~ vibes tbh.

I do like the ones in which she dances. But overall she just gives such a forced perfect whimsical persona. I understand if you're feeling pretty one day and you decide to show yourself off to your followers. But every single day? For some years now? And shoving the camera into your friends' face when they're distracted and look weird and then zoom back to you, perfectly posing? She always has the perfect clothes, makeup, hairstyle, lighting, location... So much for being human and imperfect lol. She looks and feels so calculated. She's hard to work with, but I can't even imagine living with her.

Anyways, does anybody know what happened to her other dog? She did have two bulldogs, right? The only that has appeared these last two years is the white one.

Yes Melanie has two bulldogs name mouse is the white one with black spots and the other bulldog she has is named peanut the brown one here a picture of both of her pets 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjmH0sJhAo5/?igshid=7l8oao6o3xvw 

That  boy‘s that she was grabbing that boy was her fan before his named is Brian Zuniga https://melanie-martinez.fandom.com/wiki/Brian_Zuniga?file=Melbrianhouseofblues.PNGhe has Instagram name herecomescottontail and he was also Melanie personal assistant. There is also another fan of hers that became her friend name zoey pilar https://melanie-martinez.fandom.com/wiki/Zoey_Pilar?file=Zoey.jpg her name on Instagram is lucyloone. Both of those two. fans who became friends with Melanie both of them live in the same house with Melanie Also they meet Melanie when she use to have meet and greets in her tours.

Edited by Sweetener

Posted

Black Lives Matter is a great cause and I support it 100%, but her latest spamming of it 24/7 on Instagram just screams "please forget I'm an accused rapist, I'm a good person, I promise!"

I don't think she has donated to any of the fundraisers and charities she's been promoting either. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted

Have you guys seen the K12 tour videos? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Did any of you see Timothy's post about what happened with her and melanie she made a few days ago? 

In the comments she says "the evidence i lied is that i said the wrong date, based on a picture i remembered taking the next day. My rapist confirmed herself that something happened between us, and then afterward decided to thank people for proving that nothing happened. Bye"