• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Melanie Martinez

1865 posts in this topic

Posted

Melanie came out, ir "collaborated" with an ASMR YouTuber. The other person had already posted a photo of it on their community tab two weeks ago, but she just uploaded the video today. I don't really see how it can be called a collaboration since Melanie didn't do something other than just sit there though.

I was very disappointed tbh. Maybe it's bc I don't like ASMR but it was really boring to watch. And I guess you could just listen to it, but what's the point then in collaborating?

Posted

I was very disappointed tbh. Maybe it's bc I don't like ASMR but it was really boring to watch. And I guess you could just listen to it, but what's the point then in collaborating?

Clout

Posted

Clout

you got a point there

Posted

did you guys hear what Jazmin Bean said about melanie? they basically said she was being rude on a livestream and idk i think crybabies are gonna escalate this situation 

Posted

did you guys hear what Jazmin Bean said about melanie? they basically said she was being rude on a livestream and idk i think crybabies are gonna escalate this situation 

they said she hasn't been the nicest to them and it wasn't like 'she is such a bitch and so rude'. that happens, sometimes people just don't vibe. and yes the crybabies were really escakating the situation. calling Jazmin a bitch and basically saying it was all Jazmins fault and that they must have done something wrong. 

Posted (edited)

they said she hasn't been the nicest to them and it wasn't like 'she is such a bitch and so rude'. that happens, sometimes people just don't vibe. and yes the crybabies were really escakating the situation. calling Jazmin a bitch and basically saying it was all Jazmins fault and that they must have done something wrong. 

Yeah it’s fine that they didn’t vibe, that’s normal. Jazmin also posted something vague about getting hate and i think it’s related to melanie because they removed their picture together.

3E27932A-CF11-493C-89D1-1A30D7359197.png

Edited by ValentineCloud9

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sweetener

Posted (edited)

there's been too many stories of melanie being a shitty person for them to all be considered a "clout grabs". anyway, stream super slaughter by Jazmin bean 

Edited by witchblades

Posted

Did anyone see Melanies Tik Tok? She made a handshake challenge to Lunchbox Friends which only got mildly popular, and then just now is trying to make one to Copycat. sorry but don’t try to start a tik tok dance, i see Princess Nokia trying this same gimmick on her Tik Tok. I mean this nicely but nobody cares unless Charli D’amelio decides your song is cool and does the renegade in a different order to it. Regular fame does NOT equal Tik Tok fame, the charm of Tik Tok is that any regular ole joe schmoe can go to their bedroom, make a song, do a dance, make a joke, etc and get noticed. I’m sick of celebrities on Tik Tok period. Also Copycat is one of her least popular songs and it’s clear she can dance but can’t choreograph a dance. she looks that mocking a “cosplayer” meme with really exaggerated facial expressions and movements. She could’ve at least done the detention dance, it’s not too hard and it looks actually good. 

Posted

Did anyone see Melanies Tik Tok? She made a handshake challenge to Lunchbox Friends which only got mildly popular, and then just now is trying to make one to Copycat. sorry but don’t try to start a tik tok dance, i see Princess Nokia trying this same gimmick on her Tik Tok. I mean this nicely but nobody cares unless Charli D’amelio decides your song is cool and does the renegade in a different order to it. Regular fame does NOT equal Tik Tok fame, the charm of Tik Tok is that any regular ole joe schmoe can go to their bedroom, make a song, do a dance, make a joke, etc and get noticed. I’m sick of celebrities on Tik Tok period. Also Copycat is one of her least popular songs and it’s clear she can dance but can’t choreograph a dance. she looks that mocking a “cosplayer” meme with really exaggerated facial expressions and movements. She could’ve at least done the detention dance, it’s not too hard and it looks actually good. 

lmfao I saw on that shit on twitter. The dance itself looks like something a 12 year old would do on their gymnastics insta lmao 

Posted

lmfao I saw on that shit on twitter. The dance itself looks like something a 12 year old would do on their gymnastics insta lmao 

she has a weird expression during the whole thing too, like she has a lazy eye and her mouth is wide open. she just looks so annoying lmao.

Posted

she has a weird expression during the whole thing too, like she has a lazy eye and her mouth is wide open. she just looks so annoying lmao.

i think she actually does have a lazy eye, but like only a tiny bit. so maybe that's why.

Posted

there's been too many stories of melanie being a shitty person for them to all be considered a "clout grabs". anyway, stream super slaughter by Jazmin bean 

yeah but i’ve never seen someone come out as quickly as Jazmin did. Like Stella, Maddie, Timothy, and Gina all spent a long amount of time being friends with and not being friends with Melanie. I’m surprised someone saw through her bullshit so quickly. I hope her boyfriend Oliver Tree realizes she sucks and drops a disstrack on her called gap toothed baby bitch. Oliver actually seems kinda cool without Melanie. 

Posted

The people Melanie is friends with the are starting to make music.

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, long-time lurker here. Just wanted to get this bit off my chest.

I think Melanie's dancing is so, so cringy. I'm not a trained dancer and I can't say how good or bad her dancing actually is, but it just doesn't LOOK good. Copycat challenge isn't the worst because it's just a tiktok, still looks like generic movements mixed with pantomime elements though. But K-12 is just... terrible and out of place. 

Take Wheels on the Bus for example. Just from the standpoint of how it looks, not what it's about, I'll talk about the morality of everything later. If it wasn't part of a movie and was a standalone music video instead... honestly, just as off-putting and inconsistent. The sudden mood and scene shift when the chorus hits and everyone starts... covering their faces, rubbing the air between their hands, crossing their forearms? If covering faces was meant to pantomime "no one's watching us" and make it look creepy and unsettling, why not continue? Why make all those other nonsensical movements that snap you right out of the fantasy?

I could continue on with other songs but I don't want this to be too long-winded. IMO, Melanie is desperate to show everyone she dances, but doesn't know how to integrate choreography into music videos and actually make the final piece look good in the end.

P. S. I also love how she's successful, she gives concerts, sells merch, lives in a nice house, could afford to spend a ton of money on K-12 and plans to make other films, but sings about how "art don't sell unless you fucked every authority". Biggest self-drag of 2019

Edited by Candlemelts
removed a typo