• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Melanie Martinez

1849 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It baffles me how she hasn't learned from what happened to her voice in late 2016, only that back then she had been touring for a whole year. Now she's been touring for like 4 months and she has already lost her voice. So much for a vocal coach. What she should do is stop singing in that fake forced baby voice and learn proper breathing techniques because she's gonna end up damaging her voice permanently. I genuinely don't understand if she's thick as bricks or just doesn't care about her career...?

Edited by Agni

Posted

Even all the comments are saying she needs to give her voice a break.

I follow a snapchat account that multiple people host so they can post videos and photos of the Melanie concerts they attend and share their experiences, and almost EVERY DAY someone says "I hope she is able to perform XY song this time!" because for lots of concerts, especially on her Europe tour, she's had to cut out some of the songs near the end of her setlist because her voice is giving out.

Like, this should NOT be happening. She's clearly fucking up her voice.

One of the comments on the Copycat performance, it made me laugh a little more than I should’ve. Her last tour was nearly 4 years ago- how did she manage to mess up her voice again so quickly in such a short period of time? I don’t know anything about singing, but she seems to have a spectacular talent for ruining her voice at lightspeed. She really can’t deliver.. this to her fans. It’s unfair.

BD3624D8-DC8B-47B3-A6DE-E8D262C652C1.jpeg

Posted (edited)

One of the comments on the Copycat performance, it made me laugh a little more than I should’ve. Her last tour was nearly 4 years ago- how did she manage to mess up her voice again so quickly in such a short period of time? I don’t know anything about singing, but she seems to have a spectacular talent for ruining her voice at lightspeed. She really can’t deliver.. this to her fans. It’s unfair.

she has TERRRIBLE breath control. She always has. Not only that but I’ve seen clips of her live performances in the past and she has a habit of just...yelling? Sometimes? Like at the more emotional parts, and you can hear her voice get even harsher and more raspy. She’s gonna damage her vocal cords big time if she hasn’t already.

Edited by Sleepyghostgirl

Posted

Maybe it's because of her lifestyle that negatively affects her voice. I think I heard somewhere that shw smokes weed and she probably does other things that damage her voice. She's a good artist and has a pleasant weak voice but I don't consider her the best vocalist. If she was as basic as Selena Gomez, people would hate her and say she can't sing because she does always sing very low notes and her songs are very easy to sing. But everyone respects her unique style and that's why she doesn't get hate, instead had concerned fans. I really don't think her anxiety is an excuse for having weak performances, because that's her job and she was supposed to do something about that after years of her career. 

Posted

Maybe it's because of her lifestyle that negatively affects her voice. I think I heard somewhere that shw smokes weed and she probably does other things that damage her voice. She's a good artist and has a pleasant weak voice but I don't consider her the best vocalist. If she was as basic as Selena Gomez, people would hate her and say she can't sing because she does always sing very low notes and her songs are very easy to sing. But everyone respects her unique style and that's why she doesn't get hate, instead had concerned fans. I really don't think her anxiety is an excuse for having weak performances, because that's her job and she was supposed to do something about that after years of her career. 

I haven't seen her smoking weed in a while (even when she was in the Netherlands), so maybe she stopped? I went to her show in Tilburg and her voice sounds better that the other times I saw her (twice in 2016 and once in 2019), so tbh I think the weed contributed to her voice damage.

Posted (edited)

this is unrelated but does she even sing piggyback live? that would honestly be really gross if she does and i bet she’s probably trying to avoid that conversation completely

me:

the comments of any melanie martinez singing live video since 2016: she looks so sad and tired and sounds terrible like a screaming baby late at night on an airplane while someone scrapes a fork on a plate and drags nails on a chalk board and put a horse down. my baby needs a break 🥺🥺🥺🥺

Edited by ValentineCloud9

Posted (edited)

this is unrelated but does she even sing piggyback live? that would honestly be really gross if she does and i bet she’s probably trying to avoid that conversation completely

me:

the comments of any melanie martinez singing live video since 2016: she looks so sad and tired and sounds terrible my baby needs a break 🥺🥺🥺🥺

No, she has never sung Piggyback live. And yeah, her comments on any social media are full of like 10-year-old kids talking to her as if she was a poor baby uwu and not a grown-ass woman. She's had 4 full years to recover and practice and yet all she has done is release a repetitive album along with a terrible movie and she's already fucked up her voice again. She doesn't need a break, she needs to learn how to do her job. And honestly, the way she and her fans write irks me so much. All full of 🥺✨💖🌙 and ~*Sending love & light*~... It just screams fakeness to me. 

Edited by Agni

Posted (edited)

Even if she did promote it, I don’t really see the problem with it? It’s better than promoting drinking and doing coke and Xanax recreationally like I often see people doing nowadays in music. It’s not good for everyone, but it is definitely not the worst thing to be doing or even necessarily a bad thing. Like, at all lmao. 

I recall Melanie posting a photo of her holding acid tabs (i'm autistic and remember too much) This was a few years ago back in crybaby era so maybe she grew out of it. Looking at her instagram she's cleaned it up since then. :(

Edited by greedsaccident

Posted

I recall Melanie posting a photo of her holding acid tabs (i'm autistic and remember too much) This was a few years ago back in crybaby era so maybe she grew out of it. Looking at her instagram she's cleaned it up since then. :(

I believe it, but I’m talking about weed specifically. 

Posted

No, she has never sung Piggyback live. And yeah, her comments on any social media are full of like 10-year-old kids talking to her as if she was a poor baby uwu and not a grown-ass woman. She's had 4 full years to recover and practice and yet all she has done is release a repetitive album along with a terrible movie and she's already fucked up her voice again. She doesn't need a break, she needs to learn how to do her job. And honestly, the way she and her fans write irks me so much. All full of 🥺✨💖🌙 and ~*Sending love & light*~... It just screams fakeness to me. 

I thought I was the only one who was irked by the “send love and light” thing, that fanbase literally cyberbullies everyone, Its relentlessly negative towards Timothy Heller and honestly anyone with split dye hair or a pastel aesthetic especially if they make music.

The only justified hatred is towards Globelamp, but she picks a fight with everybody on planet earth. That includes Melanie AND Timothy. She really deserves her own thread on here smh. 

Also I can’t wait until melanie goes back into hiding for a couple years to dress up as a baby or whatever so I don’t have to hear about her until crybaby part 3z 

Posted (edited)

I thought I was the only one who was irked by the “send love and light” thing, that fanbase literally cyberbullies everyone, Its relentlessly negative towards Timothy Heller and honestly anyone with split dye hair or a pastel aesthetic especially if they make music.

The only justified hatred is towards Globelamp, but she picks a fight with everybody on planet earth. That includes Melanie AND Timothy. She really deserves her own thread on here smh. 

Also I can’t wait until melanie goes back into hiding for a couple years to dress up as a baby or whatever so I don’t have to hear about her until crybaby part 3z 

She and her fanbase honestly believe that she is innovative and special. But she is not. You could find thousands and thousands of people like her on Tumblr way before she debuted on The Voice. Split hair, pastel clothing, vintage toys... nothing new. She takes herself way too seriously and thinks she's smarter than everyone. There are videos of her in 2013-2015 fooling around with friends and fans where she came off as genuine, now she's just a condescending woman with a ~whimsical~ and ~deep~ mask put on. I haven't seen her interact kindly with fans in literally years. And yet she preaches that she loves her Cry Babies uwu. No wonder all the fans she has left are kids, the older ones could see through her bullshit or have grown her out.

I feel like the fact that she gained fame quite fast during the Dollhouse EP got to her head and now the only thing she's after is more fame and the Grammy. Too bad she'll never have any of both as she has not only become more immature, but she has also musically alienated herself so much that only a small demographic (that is only getting smaller and smaller) will listen to her. She'll never stop with the Cry Baby story because it makes her feel special and deep. She's just too thick to understand that people will get tired of listening to the same shit and having to wait for it for 4 years. She'll eventually die down and it'll all be her fault. Her songwriting skills don't help either. Most of her lyrics make no sense and are filled with curses. I've seen better on Tumblr.

In short, she's the embodiment of r/im14andthisisdeep and r/notlikeothergirls.

And I agree that Globelamp deserves a thread.

This is personal but to expand on the hair dye and pastel aesthetic and crazy fans: I'm a little bit younger than Melanie but I've had split hair and have been wearing pastel clothes since I was like 10. My town is small and everyone knows each other, and yet when she appeared on The Voice these crazy girls started booing me and screaming "Copycat" (lol), "Melanie" whenever they saw me in the halls. Common friends told me they would spend most of the recesses talking about Melanie and trash-talking me. We knew each other, this girls had seen me with dyed hair and pastel clothes some years before Melanie debuted and yet I was the copycat. They eventually stopped but I know for a fact they still are die hard fans. Yeah, they aren't the brightest.

My point is, it doesn't surprises me years later that her demographic hasn't changed; she herself hasn't changed, if anything she's become worse. They fill their mouths with ~love & light~ while they curse people with split dyed hair (which started with scene kids) and pastel clothes that have existed since forever. They think that albums with stories and movies were invented by Melanie. And don't get me started on the strange fixation they have with comparing every voice with Melanie's. I remember when Cradles by Sub Urban came out they were commenting he was "Male Melanie" when he literally sounds and looks nothing like her.

Her fandom and her are tiring. But well, she acts like a dumb 10-year-old; no wonder she atracts immature, obssesive 10-year-old kids.

Edited by Agni

Posted (edited)

My friend attended the Frankfurt concert and sent me a video of Melanie singing Copy Cat and it was terrible. So I decided to watch other of her concerts on youtube to see if it was just this one but nope, they're all the same: her voice sounds hoarse and breaks very often. It isn't because of sickness, she just sings incorrectly and it's fucking up her vocal cords. Either her coach isn't doing their best job or she just doesn't care. At this point she's just gonna damage her voice permanently.

The Frankfurt concert showed up in my recommendations and I dont think ive cringed this hard in a while. 

I'm surprised she can barely sing live despite being on the voice. Such a shame because people paid for this.

Edited by greedsaccident

Posted

She and her fanbase honestly believe that she is innovative and special. But she is not. You could find thousands and thousands of people like her on Tumblr way before she debuted on The Voice. Split hair, pastel clothing, vintage toys... nothing new. She takes herself way too seriously and thinks she's smarter than everyone. There are videos of her in 2013-2015 fooling around with friends and fans where she came off as genuine, now she's just a condescending woman with a ~whimsical~ and ~deep~ mask put on. I haven't seen her interact kindly with fans in literally years. And yet she preaches that she loves her Cry Babies uwu. No wonder all the fans she has left are kids, the older ones could see through her bullshit or have grown her out.

I feel like the fact that she gained fame quite fast during the Dollhouse EP got to her head and now the only thing she's after is more fame and the Grammy. Too bad she'll never have any of both as she has not only become more immature, but she has also musically alienated herself so much that only a small demographic (that is only getting smaller and smaller) will listen to her. She'll never stop with the Cry Baby story because it makes her feel special and deep. She's just too thick to understand that people will get tired of listening to the same shit and having to wait for it for 4 years. She'll eventually die down and it'll all be her fault. Her songwriting skills don't help either. Most of her lyrics make no sense and are filled with curses. I've seen better on Tumblr.

In short, she's the embodiment of r/im14andthisisdeep and r/notlikeothergirls.

And I agree that Globelamp deserves a thread.

Hidden Content

Wow, imagine being bullied at school because of die-hard Melanie fans. Those girls sound like idiots. I can't believe that they would say mean things about you because you had split colour hair.

Posted

ignore this reply if it sounds off topic, but i just wanted to add onto this thread by saying that it's giving me a completely different view on melanie. i used to be a die-hard fan of hers when i was a freshman in high school and i ate her overly edgy, fake-deep lyrics up. around the time the melanie allegations came out, i didn't want to believe they were true so i blindly defended her at every single opportunity. i would attack anyone who showed the slightest negative opinion towards melanie and openly bash timothy heller on a twitter account. in hindsight, i realized how stupid that was and it makes me feel shitty even now. 

now that i'm reading this thread and seeing types of people that melanie associates herself with (like yungelita), how she acts along with how her fans act, i can honestly say i'm no longer a fan of hers anymore. the fact that she made what was essentially a disstrack against timothy heller disgusts me to no end. allegations aside, melanie is still a shitty person. she romanticizes and commercializes mental illnesses, puts her 'crybaby' character into thinly-veiled sexual situations, and is just another mediocre artist who people worship like she's their life support. 

Posted

does anyone else get a little bit of a timothy heller vibe from copycat? 

you are so desperate
craving that spotlight

falsely accusing melanie of rape

shining on the ones who do the shit 'cause it's their life

using melanie of a fame generator 

you're the copycat

stealing her music style, outfits, hair, etc.

(...) find someone else to leech on, lady

i mean, c'mon. lady kinda points to timothy. she could've said 'baby' instead, yet she says lady as if she is implying its timothy. 

imitated, never duplicated (?? imitate it, never duplicate it ?? i dont know the actual lyrics here)
you wish you related
you wish you that made it
imitated, never duplicated

you wish you related
you wish you that made it

timothy, again, stealing melanies music style. timothy might've thought she would get far with the whole rape thing, but never did. another small note to add here is the times melaie performed this, she sings the "imitated, never duplicated(?)" part.

this is kinda a dumb theory and i always only post here because ... well, melanies the only person i can think of that i know that has a whole thread here. so. yeah. hi!

XO, LEO