• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Melanie Martinez

1845 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a question i want to ask you, im could care less about her music but  i want to know in your honest opinion which era not counting this current one  do you think was her best? Was it her Dollhouse one ore the Crybaby one?

Another way i could phrase it is do you think her Dollhouse era was better because it got less exposure or her Crybaby was better because she gotten more exposure then?

Dollhouse because she was still pretty young and wasn’t letting fame/money get in her head, I just get a sense of warmness from her in those old pictures like she actually wanted to talk to and relate to fans. She slowly built up walls around her fans and probably not for all bad reasons, she wants privacy and to be safe. But her voice isn’t great for a big auditoriums night after night and you can hear how it changes. If she sang with her normal voice like that video of her singing Orbit by Nao and had a more intimate and mature audience that would be great. Her fans are so overexcited they yell and scream over her and it clearly makes her anxious so she says kind of shitty stuff to them (like the i’m sorry i’m talking moment) 

I think most of the times it's basically cosplay or just inspiration, but straight up copying her tattoos like a 100% is just weird. 

you clearly having seen suiclown, shes an adult but her whole life is dedicated to copying melanie’s every picture and closet its so creepy 

Posted

you clearly having seen suiclown, shes an adult but her whole life is dedicated to copying melanie’s every picture and closet its so creepy 

shes atleast "pretending" and actually cosplaying. Lauren goes everywhere in melanie " cosplay " She even dyed her hair like melanie the day after she did the black and purple white mixture

Posted

What's with the rap part? And I can't tell what the lyrics are saying

Posted

I've been following her for more than 3 years now. She cosplays Melanie, and if you look at her insta she has many other cosplays or just normal pictures. So no her whole life is not dedicated to dressing like Mel or being Mel or whatever. 

Posted

I know im late on this but god i feel bad for her dancers

Posted

their costumes are truly terrible, way too babyish. And the song is just so underwhelming for a live performance like that 

Posted

The dancers look so dead inside although I would be too if I was made to dress like that

Posted

2 edgy 4 you strikes again

Screenshot_20200214-002939_YouTube.jpg

Posted

2 edgy 4 you strikes again

Screenshot_20200214-002939_YouTube.jpg

Wtf is up with that skirt tho? 

Posted

Lots of people were saying it was brave of her to perform Strawberry Shortcake out of all the songs on K-12 because of the message, but i honest to god only believe she chose that one to perform live bc it has the least amount of cuss words. “Shit” is said just once compared to the literal “FUCK FUCKING FUCK” fest that the rest of the tracks include.

Posted

My friend attended the Frankfurt concert and sent me a video of Melanie singing Copy Cat and it was terrible. So I decided to watch other of her concerts on youtube to see if it was just this one but nope, they're all the same: her voice sounds hoarse and breaks very often. It isn't because of sickness, she just sings incorrectly and it's fucking up her vocal cords. Either her coach isn't doing their best job or she just doesn't care. At this point she's just gonna damage her voice permanently.

Posted

This whole crybaby storyline schtick is getting really, really stale now... she had so much potential in 2016-7. I feel like she won't reach that kind of popularity again nowadays compared to her crybaby era. I wish she evolved more as an artist.. k-12 did not age well. her new song 'copy cat' sounds so boring and uninspired. :alpacafedup:

Posted

This whole crybaby storyline schtick is getting really, really stale now... she had so much potential in 2016-7. I feel like she won't reach that kind of popularity again nowadays compared to her crybaby era. I wish she evolved more as an artist.. k-12 did not age well. her new song 'copy cat' sounds so boring and uninspired. :alpacafedup:

The huge problem is that she released her record 5 years later. After watching all those videos analysing someone's career, that is a huge gap where new artists appeared that can take someone spotlight, in this case it was Billie Elish, an edgy alternative girl that made people forget about Melanie. Not to mention that this record was just a recycled Cry Baby. Melanie should've used the rape accusation, proving Timothy wrong, talking about it and releasing a record. She just released a single song that got noticed only by people who were aware of the scandal. She isn't like the Kardashians where being quiet makes people talk about her even more. 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq8Vniu2OQY

Yall heard this? (Copycat live)

she sounds EXHAUSTED

Even all the comments are saying she needs to give her voice a break.

I follow a snapchat account that multiple people host so they can post videos and photos of the Melanie concerts they attend and share their experiences, and almost EVERY DAY someone says "I hope she is able to perform XY song this time!" because for lots of concerts, especially on her Europe tour, she's had to cut out some of the songs near the end of her setlist because her voice is giving out.

Like, this should NOT be happening. She's clearly fucking up her voice.