• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Melanie Martinez

1844 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh lord mel has another movie in the works, maybe even two??

I'm shocked K-12 ended up being completely free on youtube, I must say aethestically it's very nice, but loooord you can tell there were many budget cuts (but that's already been discussed LMAO) I listened to the album a few more times, it's still very same-y but I definitely don't hate it personally, it does kinda strike some old emotions buried in me so the album blowing up plus mel's fanbase, not exactly surprising so far it's seemingly(?) well received. Guess all I can really say is, hopefully Mel just keeps growing in terms of directing and music? Don't get stagnant now, there are so many possibilities don't just stick to one thing lmao

Posted (edited)

ok this is 100% just nitpicking but in very the beggining when they're in the bus, her hair is very very blonde (at least half of it) and in the next scene, still in the bus, her roots are fully grown out lol. i know it's a minor thing but it bugged the hell out of me and also made me wonder how long did the movie to shoot??

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

I really liked K-12 the movie. But I'm happy I didn't pay to see it because it is for free on youtube... and it isn't worth a cinema ticket in my opinion. Still, it was a very good idea and very aesthetically pleasing. I can understand the budget cut, Melanie is not famous enough to be able to produce a very expensive movie. I'm sad Crybaby didn't have a movie, but at least all (most?) side tracks have mv.

Now about the songs... I'm disappointed. It sounds really a like, and the only ones I can see myself listening to are Wheels on The Bus and The Principal. And still, I don't like them as much as I love Pity Party or Tag You're It. Crybaby is easily one of my favorite albums ever made by a western artist, I love Melanie's concept and the storyline of crybaby so I anticipated this album SO MUCH but I'm just disappointed. I hope she won't take another 5 years to release an album (with songs written 2 years before the album comes out...) and that I'll like the next one a bit more.

Posted

soo what point are you trying to make?? That they had consensual sex or that it never happened at all because it’s not the right “time frame”?

also do you have any idea how hard it is to remember the dates of things that’ve happened years ago? Especially for a potential trauma victim, their memory can become distorted and unreliable.

I posted about this back on page 109--I think it was approved? I'm new and have no idea how moderator approval on posts works--but Tim was talking about what happened in private, to us, long before she came forward about it. Thank you Sleepyghostgirl for speaking the truth in the face of Mel's weird stans!

Posted

I've watched snippets of the movie and it's not that bad. The scenes are really pleasing despite the budget so I think it should've been a visual album instead, just because the talking parts are so quiet and I like it better when it tells the scene with the song. I think she should've saved the movie for Crybaby instead. It would have had a better storyline for a movie with a worthwhile following because of her rising image at the time. My favourite songs are Teacher's Pet because it gives me that darker Crybaby vibe, High School Sweethearts which had a really nice scene that could've easily been a standalone music video, and Detention since it was catchy without a big school theme. She looked really pretty during those dancing scenes for it while wearing purple!   

Posted

Why does yungelita look kind of frumpy in the film?

Posted

who's yungelita?

Posted

who's yungelita?

the “actor” that plays crybaby’s main friend 

Posted

who's yungelita?

the "you know you actually have two holes down there" girl (the actor who played angelita) 9_9

shes been friends with melanie for a long time and i think she has been in her mvs as well 

Posted

Hi! First post. Hopefully this is not against the rules, but I registered here because this shit pissed me off so much.

Tim and I have been friends since around 2011, before she even knew Melanie. If you don't believe that I have no qualms with showing you my Instagram or Twitter so you can see both her public and locked accounts follow me. I'll screencap my dumbass post on her Facebook wall from November of that year if you want, whatever.

My point is this:

Tim talked privately about what happened for months before you or anyone outside of her friends knew about it. In fact, she only talked about who exactly had hurt her to friends she saw regularly irl (I live 3,000 miles away so we've only hung out irl a couple times), because I didn't know it was Melanie until she made the post that started all this (and of course I would've felt weird asking). 

It makes me sick to see your post so highly upvoted, like anyone would not only lie privately to their friends for months but then suffer the constant harassment from Mel's stans for years, all just for clout. If you feel like Tim keeps talking about it, that's fair, but I'm pretty confident she does because it's triggering to see all kinds of people in their shared industry continuing to work with Melanie despite the fact she took advantage of her former friend's trust.

I refuse to violate Tim's privacy by posting screencaps of her finsta or whatever--it's bad enough she has an army scrutinizing everything she does--but I have no problem verifying my connection to her through the above means or any other ones you can think of.

Also even though I tend to like pastel-y cutesy stuff Melanie's aesthetic and music are bad lol

I love how everyone is just conveniently ignoring this comment lmao 

Posted

the "you know you actually have two holes down there" girl (the actor who played angelita) 9_9

shes been friends with melanie for a long time and i think she has been in her mvs as well 

she was the one in 'tag you're it', right?

Posted

Has anyone else heard about her partnership with Youtube? Apparently she's going to be doing a four part Artist Spotlight Story. I had no idea what that was so I watched a few by other artists and it's like a behind the scenes about how an artist writes their songs. Can't wait to see how she came up with genius lyrics like "It’s not just me, it's everybody who thinks that you're fucking ugly" and "If I pass this quiz, will you give me your babies?"

Posted

"If I pass this quiz, will you give me your babies?"

I really thought you were kidding there