• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Melanie Martinez

1717 posts in this topic

Posted

On a scale to Lindsey Lohan (Decent)  to Paris Hilton (Terrible) How bad is it?

Hahah, I think you need to reverse the scale though.

Posted (edited)

Hahah, I think you need to reverse the scale though.

I think Lindsey had some decent songs on her album Paris not so much but since you ask:D

on a scale of Paris to Lindsey how bad?

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Downloaded her new album in hopes of it being at least ok (I was curious tbh) but holy shit. I can't listen to it, it all sounds the same and the lyrics are giving me second-hand embarrassment.

The second song was somewhat bearable, the rest (of what I've listened to) not so much imo. I can't imagine someone actually spending money on this. Wonder how the movie's gonna turn out.

Posted

It's very soundtrack-esque, so it makes sense. Some of it is a bit too specific to be released separately imo. Nurse Office's especially.... the sound effects are terrible...

Posted

Its okay I wouldn't say its TRASH but its kinda forgettable. I agree that a lot of the songs sound the same its like its some type of continuation or something. But I do like 3 songs out of the like 12. Its def not better than cry baby. I waited like 2 years for this shit? Sounds like she really just did all of them last minute lmao since they all have damn near the same beat.

Posted (edited)

Crazy how many yes men were at that premier. Rio Warner is such a coattail rider. Ariana Grande doesn't remember her, so she had to jump onto the Melanie bandwagon

Edited by Trayvon SMARTin

Posted

Crazy how many yes men were at that premier. Rio Warner is such a coattail rider. Ariana Grande doesn't remember her, so she had to jump onto the Melanie bandwagon

Not to be OT but Who is this Rio Warner person?

Posted

where did yall find the album wtf

Posted

where did yall find the album wtf

There was an mp3 source that I listened to, but it's since been deleted as is the case with a lot of them. You just have to get lucky and find the right one I guess. I lot of them are shady ass malware sites

Posted

“I designed this” - oh honey, it shows

she looks like a citizen of whoville  

F139D548-19D4-4D8C-A584-B19FE6D9344E.png

Posted (edited)

upsidedown party hat realness

fr tho, it looks really ugly, everything about it - the shape, the colours, the material... why did she thought it was a good idea lol

Edited by nikoniferret

Posted

hey! so i've been lurking around in this thread for a while and finally decided to sign up & comment! i personally love her fashion style and music style, but i'm not a big fan of her as a person. she seems pretty stuck up and self conceited. her whole "baby / child" aesthetic really throws me off, especially with the type of stuff that she sings. for example, from my personal interpretation, "wheels on the bus" is about sex- like, children having sex on the bus. she's an adult writing about children having sex on a bus, which really gives me bad vibes. she also isn't the best at writing lyrics, i've noticed. take "detention" for example. the lyrics in the bridge are "i wanna go home and you say now is not the time, fuck being all alone in the back of the classroom, stop calling my phone to say i've been out of line, when all i ever asked was to go to the bathroom". the last line is really random. in "class fight", she has some really weird lyrics that make me cringe. for example, "kelly had a fat ass and trouble was cookin'" and "the teacher gave me notes to go give kelly, she was kissing brandon, i got jelly". i liked her "cry baby" album because i thought it had an interesting story line and the lyrics were alright, but she let me down quite a bit with k-12. the lyrics are weak, some songs do sound dark but they sound overall boring and bland. i don't really support her anymore, as i stopped supporting her after the rape accusations. ever since, i've pretty much just dragged on and off with listening to her music and such. she's cool as an artist- like as in her ideas, not really as the whole child thing. i don't think i'd ever support her as a person again, after all of the stuff that has happened. sorry for the long post :,)

Posted

If she was going for Lampshade Chic then she nailed it

Posted

So, the album just officially dropped. Now we're never going to hear the end of it.

Again, it's literally one long forgettable song, and not on purpose. There's only one song that isn't in 4/4 time. 

Posted

Yeah I'm currently listening to the K-12 album, I'm confused as hell by Wheels on the Bus and a lot of the songs sound pretty same-y, also kinda prefer the original version of Drama Club that was leaked awhile back too, it felt more dramatic, this feels more... mellowed out.

The album definitely interesting though I will give it that, I can definitely see the appeal towards a younger audience since some of this does provoke some old feelings I had back when I was still in school, but the mix of the sexual themes, it kinda clashes too weirdly to work. Strawberry Shortcake is clearly explicit as hell there's really no way around it, but songs like the principal, show & tell, nurse's office, lunchbox friends, and detention they work with the general school theme. I generally have mixed feelings, but it's not too wildly different from crybaby, but, were we really expecting that much? :/