• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Melanie Martinez

1878 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm referring to Michael Keenan (total douchebag and the Vanilla Ice of music producers). They broke up like a year and a half ago but have occasional one night stands where she ironically crashes at his house for days at a time. I'm guessing that's part of the deal as he's the one overproducing and engineering this train wreck for free in his home studio. She didn't get an advance for this record to go to an LA studio which is why she didn't have an arbitrary time limit from Atlantic Records to pump this junk out (FOUR YEARS!!!!). Melanie and all of her pastel posse are sex addicted weirdos. 

can we get some sources, mayhaps?

Posted

Shit just keeps getting worse. "I will rip your fucking face apart" wtf? The same girl who fucks her producer ex-boyfriend for free studio time btw. LUL

it's mediocre, sounds like any song off the crybaby album. i hoped she'd move on to a new era or a new protagonist at least, the whole adult baby shtick is getting old and you can only do so much w it. she's been dragging it out for like what, 5 years? i'd consider watching the movie though, the cinematography seems nice and i like the pastel theme lol

Posted

Not gonna lie, i'm curious to see how this is going to be

Posted

The movie seems well made and shot, but the terrible acting and nonsensical plot really drags it down

can we get some sources, mayhaps?

Yeah, you can start here.

https://www.google.com/

Posted

The audio for the k-12 trailer was so weird. It was hard to hear what the characters, specifically Melanie, were saying. It was as if they were whispering the whole time.

Posted

IS SHE FORREAL WITH THAT SCRIPT AND ACTING

like 98% of this movie is """""aesthetic"""" (albeit a shitty one) and everything else is lackluster or just straight garbage. it looks like a pastel tim burton and the synopsis sounds like a middle schooler came up with this idea. 

Posted

The audio for the k-12 trailer was so weird. It was hard to hear what the characters, specifically Melanie, were saying. It was as if they were whispering the whole time.

i noticed the same! it was super hard to make out what they were even saying and i had to replay certain parts multiple times ...

Posted

Looks like pastel Mathilda/Sucker Punch. I just about cried when I saw the horrible special effects.

Posted

IS SHE FORREAL WITH THAT SCRIPT AND ACTING

like 98% of this movie is """""aesthetic"""" (albeit a shitty one) and everything else is lackluster or just straight garbage. it looks like a pastel tim burton and the synopsis sounds like a middle schooler came up with this idea. 

If EA(Emilie Autumn)had the budget at the time she could have done way better 

for comparison her FLAG vid was made with little budget and that was the ONLY vid she did during her long career as a musician 

Anyway If this is what Mel has to offer then why bother even checking it out. A pastel version of Sucker punch probably mixed with the craft mixed with scream queen/ New Heather Humor 

Who is this movie for besides her fans? Teens? 

Posted

The names for the songs are all out. One in particular is called, 'Teacher's Pet' why do I feel like it's going to be pulled off the teacher crush community on Tumblr and have it be about Crybaby liking her teacher? My second idea/theory is about her being a good student, but gets bullied for it, then falls into peer pressure and smokes weed.

Screenshot_20190724-032126_Samsung_Inter

Posted

The names for the songs are all out. One in particular is called, 'Teacher's Pet' why do I feel like it's going to be pulled off the teacher crush community on Tumblr and have it be about Crybaby liking her teacher? My second idea/theory is about her being a good student, but gets bullied for it, then falls into peer pressure and smokes weed.

Screenshot_20190724-032126_Samsung_Inter

or maybe talking shit about teachers pets (like in alphabet boy)

Posted

To me, the K-12 thing looks like an attempt to emulate Wes Anderson with edge.

Posted (edited)

To me, the K-12 thing looks like an attempt to emulate Wes Anderson with edge.

you hit the nail on the head I was wondering what the album cover look like! It looks like the movie poster for The Grand Budapest Hotel

the poster for reference if you haven’t seen it 

43FA89C3-BC08-4CF5-9CFF-27F83C162A4B.jpeg

Edited by Cherryflavoured

Posted

Her snippets are getting less and less views it seems I guess people are losing interest because honestly they all sound like crybaby outtakes 

also this is the synopsis to the movie 

7ADBA0F7-25E0-46CD-98DA-B96D8EF2DBAD.jpeg

Honestly, the concept seems good because you're aiming this at middle schoolers to high schoolers, they love shit like this.

But watch the execution be so horrid, like I'm sure an amateur artist making a comic can execute this way better than she will. 

it's mediocre, sounds like any song off the crybaby album. i hoped she'd move on to a new era or a new protagonist at least, the whole adult baby shtick is getting old and you can only do so much w it. she's been dragging it out for like what, 5 years? i'd consider watching the movie though, the cinematography seems nice and i like the pastel theme lol

Honestly, she doesn't even need a new protag if she was creative enough. All she needs to do is write better lyrics, and change the tone from how it was in crybaby. 

Posted

Only thing I'm really gonna give is some of the aethestics are pretty nice looking IMO, I'm still keeping my expectations pretty low after seeing that movie description and considering this is Melanie Martinez :haiplz:

All those songs that were released awhile ago, like 99 cent store, Sch!zo, Haunted, and Drama Club I wonder what those really were then if they weren't album leaks way back? Crybaby cuts? I was sure maybe Drama Club was gonna end up on K-12 since it seems like it would've made sense, or she actually scrapped another album idea prior.